Track 08

mellifluous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

이 밤 (Tonight) // Winner
Album: S/S 2014

힘들어 마음이 괴롭혀 밤이/그리워 많이 기억하긴 하니/들지 않아/잠이 그래 난 잠시라고/믿어 아직은 /날 잊지마 I’m sorry/네가 너무 보고 싶어/쉽게 잠 못 드는 이 밤/그땐 그녀가 좋았어/네가 너무 지겨웠어/할 말이 많아지는 밤/(이 느낌 싫어) 그땐 쉬울 줄 알았는데/어째서 눈물이 나요/(이 느낌 싫어) 지금 내 옆에/잠든 그녀가 너로 보이잖아/Hey 네가 없는 밤이/이렇게 외로운 지 몰랐어/나 몰랐어/너를 그리워하며 그녈 품에 안아요/슬픈 밤 (너를 보낸 후에)/네가 없는 이 밤 (늦어버린 후회)/익숙해진 네가 (Cuz I’m stupid)/다신 돌아오지 않을 이 슬픈 밤에/난 준비 돼 있어 모질게 욕을 해도 돼/함께 할 수 만 있다면 악마와 손 잡아도 돼/벌써 나 너의 아파트 밑이야/올라가도 돼?/Knock, knock, are you there?/Knock, knock, give me an answer/대답해봐 무릎을 현관 밑에 두고서/말하잖아 네 기억에 있는 나는 죽었어/오늘은 해줘 오/오늘은 대답해/못 견디겠어 사라져 제발 내 옆에서/시시했던 우리 대화도/아련하게 떠오르는 지금/당장 보고 싶어 보고 싶어네가 Ooh

POV: No one
Genre: Angst, Drama

The sound of beeping resonates along the neighborhood, he knows the password for their apartment building, of course. He heavily walked through the hallway and lazily punched the elevator button he took the lift and pressed her floor. He was drunk but not that drunk enough because he is definitely aware of what he is doing right now, and he’s aware that whatever it is he is doing is ed up, and it’s been a habit of him.

Inside a one bedroom apartment she was watching the television and munching on cereal at 11 pm cause why not? She was startled at the beeping sound that suddenly heard through the door, her heart was racing fast not because she thought it was a robber or a molester but she exactly knows what or who is outside the door. After some failed attempts, the door opened. A figure approaching her slowly, she looked at him and smiled.

“What brings you here?”

“I dunno, I miss you.”

She sniffed.

“You drank?”

“Yeah just a couple of beers, definitely not drunk just tipsy.”

“Oh…kay” she affixed her eyes back to the television.

He sighed. “So how’s my lady’s day”

She smiled as she heard the words my lady

“Well nothing much, just the same old routine, you?”

“Nothing much going on either.”

“Really? No weird patients who wants to sleep with you?” She chuckled

“Nah, you know what, I really wanna kiss you right now, can I do that?” she was surprised not because of the bluntness but because of him asking permission, usually he will just go straight to the kissing part.

“As if I have a choice.” She rolled her eyes.

“.”

“Jerk.”

“I know, Irene, I know.” He chuckled. “I’m trying to be less of a jerk and asking you, so can I kiss you?”

“Why?” Irene snapped. “Do you want to slam in my face that I want this too? Do you want to directly hear it from me, that yes I want you to kiss me because I’m addicted to you. That it’s not that I have no choice but I want this too badly.”

“You’re reading too much along the lines Rene.” He cupped her face, and they stared at each other’s eyes. “And to correct you, we both want this badly not just you, I’m holding the devil’s hands right now to be able to be with you.”

Irene touched Mino’s hand that is caressing her face. “And I’m holding Satan’s hands every night and I enjoy it like a crazy .” Mino smirked at the metaphor. “Just kiss me already.”

Mino slowly approached her and their faces got closer and they kissed slowly and tenderly, their mouths expressing how much they want each other, how much their in need of each other. The kiss lead into stripping of clothes and lead to making love, Mino needed to cover Irene’s mouth so that the neighbor’s won’t file a complaint of them being noisy at midnight.

They slept cuddling on the couch, but Irene is really not sleeping, she was resting his head on Mino’s bare chest and staring at his face. He is perfect and she loved him, she always thanked whoever gods she could think of for meeting such a wonderful person like him. She takes care of her all the time, they’ve been doing this for almost forever, she loved it when he call her as his ‘pretty little sin’, as crazy as that would sound, but Irene admits that she is a little ed up in the head.

Mino squirmed and slowly opened his eyes, as if on cue his cellphone rang and he groaned. He picked it up, and the voice in the other line was talking nonstop.

“Yes, I’m at the hospital. Seunghoon beeped me there was an emergency case and he needed my help.” He lied. “I didn’t wake you up because you looked so tired last night.”

‘Oh I see.’ The lady on the other side said. ‘Are you going home today?’

“I’ll be home tonight.”

‘Alright, I love you.’

“I love you too Seul.” He hanged up, and looked at me. He kissed the top of Irene’s head.

Sick, and ed up that’s what they are. Mino is a married man, and Irene is his ex-girlfriend when he was still in med school, they were both immature and it never worked out for them, so he ended up having a wife that is not Irene. They met again after a long time in the hospital Mino is working at as a doctor, Irene was his patient and they caught up, Irene saw the ring and Mino said he was happily married but the day ended with them sprawled on Irene’s apartment floor, it was unethical to sleep with your patient and definitely immoral to sleep around with your ex if you have a family. Their affair went on until today and they don’t have any intention to stop.

“I need to work.”

“Won’t she call the hospital?”

“No, I don’t think so.” Mino stood up as well as Irene. “And I already gave a heads up to Hoon.”

“That guy’s supportive isn’t he?” She chuckled.

“Everybody cheats, so we both know each other’s ups.” Mino said as if it was the most natural thing ever. “Let’s shower?”

They showered together and God knows what else happened inside than scrubbing each other’s back. They each prepared for work, Irene stopped and sat down her bed and stared at Mino.

“What?” Mino felt her stares and felt pricked.

“What if I’m your wife, will you cheat too.”

Mino sighed.

“Why? I’m just curious.” Irene continued dressing up. “Do you love me?”

Mino stopped tying his tie

“Because I do. I’m being stupid because I love you.” Her tone was sad and pitiful. “I don’t mind being a mistress because I love you.”

“Irene…”

“Is it just the then?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter