His Special Day...

Surprise for My Sweet Beetle

 

Riiiiing~! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggg~! Riiiiiiinnnnggg~!

My phone rang while I was busily stringing up the streamers for the event later. Myungsoo Oppa picked it up and handed it to me, panic present in his face.

"Hyung is calling! Quick! Answer it!" His voice was a pitch higher signalling that he was concerned about keeping this little thing a surprise.

I breathed in and out. Preparing myself.

"Oppa! Happy birthday!!!! You're so old now! Kekeke! Just joking." I kind of spoke too fast. My lips tightened hoping he was too stupid to actually realize something's going on. I continued. 

Doing my best to sound idiotically happy for him and innocent, I hoped for the best and said,

"So, why did you call? I was supposed to call you first, since it's your birthday! You beat me at my own game, Oppa. What a shame." I crossed my fingers as I heard little chuckles coming from the other line.

"Meet me by the park. I'm wearing a blue shirt with a brown beanie and brown cargo shorts and I'm wearing Howon's glasses. Be there in 5 minutes. It's my birthday so don't be late." He sounded so happy and smiley. I could almost imagine him being all giddy and jumpy. He hung up and I breathed a heavy sigh of relief. 

Thank goodness! He wasn't coming over!

I nodded to Myungsoo Oppa and his face calmed down.

I raised one brow and looked sceptically at him.

"What are the others doing?"

He smiled mischievously.

"As planned, they're acting surprised and sorry for forgetting his birthday. We're very lucky since hyung is so slow when it comes to things like these and that the others are great actors."

I agreed and wished that he would stay clueless just for a day.

I stepped down from the chair I was standing on and took my leave, giving everything to Myungsoo for only a few were left to be done. I rushed to the park where we used to play as kids wearing such plain clothes. Some bystanders stared at me in awe but I just continued on my way and ignored them. I got my phone and dialled Gyu Oppa's number. 

Three rings before he answered and I was nearing the park as well. 

"Oppa, It's me. Mission starts. Go to my house now. Bye." It was rudely said but it was urgent so I think Gyu Oppa wouldn't nag me.

 I reached the park and started looking for the birthday boy. I was looking for him while a hand covered my eyes and playfully asked if I knew him.

"Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah~! KIDNAPPER!" I screamed and he immediately pulled back his hands having such a panicky face.

I laughed at his face. I wish I had a camera in hand. It was priceless.

"Yah! It's my birthday! How dare you!" He stomped his feet and pouted childishly.

I ran to him and gave him a bear hug.

"Mi-an-he!" I said it cutely per syllable and kissed both of his cheeks. His ears turned red and I laughed again. Then he became as red as a tomato. 

How cute!

"Neh oppa! What are we going to do today? Are you going to treat me? Huh? Huh?" I demanded. 

He laughed and ruffled my hair. He stood beside me and said,

"Nope. It's my birthday! You should treat me! Me! Me! Me!" He placed an arm around my shoulders and we walked towards the vending machine. On our way there, we exchange a couple of hits and playful slaps and just laughed our heads off like a pair of senseless beings.

I bought his favorite ice cream and a cold box juice for me. We sat on a bench near by and just talked for a while. I got bored so I looked for something to pass the time. 

DongWoo Oppa was busy with his ice cream so I think he didn't see the boy with the water gun. I properly excused myself and got the same water gun the boy did and silently and sneakily crept up to Oppa. Aiming at his cheeks and shirt, I pulled the trigger and released a smooth squirt of water that hit his face. He shrieked and suddenly stood up. Startled, he lost his grip on his ice cream causing it to fall straight to the ground. He looked at it and then at his wet shirt. Then...looked at me. Moving his right foot backward and launching himself to get me and punish me for wasting his ice cream. A chase broke out. I ran and ran sometimes looking back to squirt some more water. He wasn't really the fastest person in the world but he was one smart cookie.

Seeing that he couldn't outrun me, he just chased me and led me towards the fountain without me noticing, since I was busy squirting and running. He called out my name and I looked back while running. Yes. It was a stupid thing for me to do but I did it anyway. And you know what, as fate had it, I fell in to the fountain, making me plain clothes wet. No, not wet, drenched. I glared at the laughing-his-head-off Dong Woo and tried to get out. But I can't. Swallowing my pride, I asked for his help. He gladly helped me, occasionally teasing and giggling. When I was standing, I mouthed 'I hate you' at him but, being the slow person he was, he didn't get it. I want revenge, so while he was still holding my hand and asking if I was fine and stifling his laughter, I pushed him. Yes. PUSHED him. HA! That's what he got for getting me drenched. Shocked he stayed at the fountain until I finished laughing and helped him up.

The only bad thing was, the security guard for that PUBLIC park scolded us for being childish and playing with the fountain. It went on about fifteen minutes I guess. He ranted so much. Oppa and I looked at each other and had a light bulb moment. We...guess what...RAN from the ranting guard and never came back nor looked back. Yes. It was such a mature thing to do. And we’re proud of it. It was so much fun. But we figured that we’re not allowed in that park anymore. So sad.

We stopped and took a break since I was panting hard from all the running and laughing. We stopped for a while and just took a minute break. I looked up and saw where we stopped. In front of a couple store!

“Oppa! Since we’re both drenched, let’s buy couple shirts! Just for fun!” I smiled and a sneeze escaped my lips. He had no choice but to agree since I am cold and so was he and the nearest clothes stall was the Couple store.

“Do I have a choice?” He smiled and took my arm and led me inside the store. It was my first time to enter such a store and I was amazed with how much COUPLE things were there. We explored the store and saw couple rings, couple mugs, couple pens, couple pants,couple  watches, couple shoes, couple hoodies and other couple things. Oppa, being wet all over was forced to buy a couple shirt, pants and hoodies. The pants were shorts actually and mine just went slightly above my knee while his went under his knees. The shirt wasn’t really that much ‘couply’ since it was just a plain shirt with an ‘I <3 HER/HIM’. And we both had long sleeved hoodies, His was beige and mine was light blue. We did look like an official couple. But that’s okay since I am his childhood best dongsaeng.

We got out of the store and went out to eat. We went to a pojangmacha and bought gimbap. It was so tasty that I had to buy another one. We fed each other. But when I felt mean, I would pretend to put the sliced gimbap toward his mouth and when he opens his lips I would redirect it and pop it into mine. He pouted and monopolized the whole gimbap and I was forced to buy another one. When we were full to our heart’s content, we just strode the lane of shops and window shopped. He made funny poses with the mannequins until his attention was called by the sales lady. We left the store in peace but after getting out, his face began to redden and his ears as well. We saw a bike rental and thought that it would be fun. But there was a problem. I didn’t know how to ride a bike and he didn’t know that. I couldn’t say no so I just rode the twin bicycle with him. Falling over and over and over again, he decided to stop before any injuries were acquired.

 

I looked at the time and realized that I had so much fun that I forgot about the others. I excused myself again and went to the girl’s bathroom. There I called Gyu Oppa. He answered quickly this time.

 

“WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?!” He shouted at the top of his Ahjushii lungs.

 

“Sorry about that. We’re on our way. Be ready. I owe you one. Mianhe oppa!” I hung up and ran to DongWoo Oppa.

He was leaning against the wall waiting for me. Now, time to go.

 

“Oppa, what do you think are the others doing?” I asked him sounding curious.

 

“I don’t really know. I left after our broadcast and I think they were all doing something? I’m not that sure though.” He sounded uncertain.

 

“Don’t you think it’s weird?” I asked him.

 

“Weird? How?” He looked so innocent.

 

“Aren’t they supposed to do better? Since it’s your birthday? Didn’t they prepare anything for you?” I modulated my voice as much as I can just to sound convincing.

 

“I don’t really know.” He scratched his head.

 

“I have an idea!”

 

“What?”

 

“Let’s see if they prepared something! I’m sure they would be still preparing!” I smiled mischievously.

 

He still looked unsure but he still followed me to their new dorm.  

 

I didn’t want to destroy the guy’s hopes and dreams but it’s for his own good.

 

We opened the door to see no one. As in, no one was home. I was surprised to see him go around the dorm to find s and even calling them out such as ‘Yooohooo~ Anybody home?’ and seeing the glint in his eyes, his expecting eyes. But then, when he realized no one was really home, his head hung so low and he looked so disappointed! I was so guilty. Guilty, guilty, guilty. I was about to spill everything but then I stopped myself. I have to endure for a while. I hope this goes on smoothly.

 

I went to him and placed an arm around his shoulder.

 

“Oppa! Cheer up! I’m sure maybe they have something.” I smiled.

 

He stared up to me but he still looked very very sad.

 

“Let’s just go to my house! I’ll cook for you~”

 

His face lit up a little when he heard the ‘cook’ part.

 

And we walked hand in hand to my house.

 

One. Two. three.

 

I opened the door.

 

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

 

Crackers went out simultaneously.

 

Whooooo~ Whooooooo~

 

Party horns were blown and confetti was thrown.

 

He was speechless. Mouth agape. Teary eyed he looked at me and then to s.

 

He cried. No. not cried, bawled his eyes out. That was the cue.

 

Yeol Oppa crept up to him and slipped a party hat on his head.

 

MyungSoo and Howon Oppa came out with the ice cream cakes they bought for him and Gyu oppa came out with the cake that I baked.  They sang ‘Happy birthday’ in both English and Korean. The English Happy Birthday was so funny and sounded like a muffled song of some sort that doesn’t even make sense. Gyu Oppa, WooHyun Oppa, Howon Oppa, Yeol Oppa, MyungSoo Oppa and SungJongie were all around him and was just having fun with him. We even invited Jiae, but infortunately, she had school.

 

 

 

After all ruckus, DongWoo Oppa approached me.

 

“Yeodongsaeng-ah~! Gomawo! Nom nom nom nom Kamsahapnida!” He said with shining eyes.

 

“You’re welcome Oppa. I wish you a happy birthday. I love you! Stay awesome!”

 

“How did you?”

 

“Simple. Plan. Plan. Execute. Planning was the hardest stage, since I had to consider so many things like your schedule and such...Execution was a success because of Gyu Oppa’s constant nagging. Woohyun Oppa’s man power, Yeol Oppa’s cash, Howon Oppa’s skill and SungJongie and Myungsoo Oppa’s efforts! We love you all so very much so this thing wasn’t really hard to do. Especially for you.”

 

He laughed and ruffled my hair like he always does.

 

This day was such a success. Yes. A success. I’m very happy.

Very happy indeed.

Seeing his sincere smile makes me happy.

Stay bright and be my sunshine Oppa.

Happy birthday.

 

[END]

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wooot! Yes! Almost the end of Kenyan's birthday!

Happy birthday sweet beetle!

Love you lots!

P.S

FIRST TIME TO HAVE 2171 words!

omigash!

So Happy!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENYAN!!!!!!