Final

Sweet Slumber

 

It was a nice day for what you had planned. The forget-me-not sky stretched out over the cityscape, unmarred by clouds. The city was dripping in golden beams of sunlight, and the residents naturally took advantage of this. The cerulean water and soft beaches were calling, probably for the last time before the seasons changed.

“Are you sure you don’t want to go to the beach with us?”

“Or wakeboarding?”

“Or skateboarding?”

“Or cliff diving?” 

You stared blankly at the gaggle of young men in front of you. They were armed with swimsuits, a scary amount of food, sunscreen, towels, a variety of beach toys, and a sense of duty to ensure that you saw the sun occasionally. They pretty much filled up the little hallway outside their door. How they all managed to live in a single apartment was beyond you, they all just seemed to have too much energy to be contained in such a small place.

You waved them off. “Yes I’m sure! I had a late night, I’d probably just end up falling asleep on a boogie board, or passing out in the sand and getting a weird tan.”

Your neighbors were quite sweet, but they were also incredibly noisy on the days they were all inside together. This was the perfect opportunity to doze around your apartment in blissful silence. Maybe even read a book or two without having your focus broken by the sound of something being broken next door and cries of “NAMJOON WHY’D YOU TOUCH THAT!”

The moment of your response, you learned just how powerful four sets of pouts and puppy eyes could be when affixed to a single target. It should not be legal for Taehyung, Jimin, Jungkook, and Hoseok to all use the same expression at the same time like that. They could probably rob a bank and get off scot free if they just blasted the teller with that combined gaze.

Taehyung even pulled a small rubber ducky for reinforcement, squeaking it while adding cutely “But then who’ll help me take Mr. Waddles on a naval adventure? He has a pirate king to defeat!!” 

You could feel your will crumbling, such was the power of the gaze. Sensing it was working, the youngest, Jungkook, held up his bucket-and-pail set “And who’ll help me make Jin-Hyung’s dream of being the princess of a castle come true?”

“And help me sculpt Namjoon into a mermaid?”

“And play Marco-Polo with?”

“And ambush the Huyngs with water guns with?”

The last question made all eyes rest on one of the shorter boys, his face contorted with an expression of “oh--I-shouldn’t-have-said-that”. Jimin tried to compose his face back into an innocent set of doe eyes, but the damage was already done.

Namjoon raised an eyebrow at the scheming red head “So THAT’s what’s in your bag!”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about~” Jimin’s voice went up in pitch slightly, and he made a quick retreat calling out “Dibs on the seat with with working AC vent!” over his shoulder.

Jin narrowed his eyes at their Youngers, knowing full well that when one was up to no good, there was a good chance that there were others involved. “Did you know what he was talking about?” Hoseok and Taehyung shared a look before laughing artificially.

“Of course not! We’d never do anything rude like that to you!” They too made a hasty retreat down to the car, effectively abandoning Jungkook to the glare of the Hyungs. The youngest smiled cutely before shouting out “It was my idea!” and scampering off at top speed to the car.

At this point, you were having trouble containing your laughter. Having them next door was sort of like having a reality T.V. show on 24-7. Noisy, but utterly entertaining nearly all the time. But, the spell was now broken, and your will to remain home was now back as strong as ever.

Jin tried one last time, “I’ve made a lot of food, it’d be fun~”

You shook your head. “Thank you very much for the invitation, but I’d rather stay in today. Have a blast at the beach though!”

They all waved goodbye, understanding that sometimes people just needed some quiet time alone, before following their roommates’ path down the hall and eventually out to their car in the parking lot. 

You smiled, sure that they were going to have a great time, while you had your own little private party alone. The door of your apartment swung shut and clicked as it locked back into its place, the sound echoing in the now-empty hall.

The mound of blankets and pillows you called your bed made a satisfying “Flump” as gravity pulled your body on top of it. Forget trying to organize the mess, it seemed like the perfect time to nap! So what if you had only woken up from last night’s sleep only an hour ago, this was your time to shine!

 But first, you wanted to finish another chapter of the gripping tale that you stayed up so late for. How could you possibly put it down and sleep again when you knew that a character’s death was possibly coming up?

Several short pages and two minutes later, you could feel tears starting to pick your eyes. How dare the author do this to you? Yes, it was well written, but why did it have to hurt so much to watch a fictional character die? You placed the book that had just crushed your heart on the nightstand, already stacked precariously with other books, and rolled over onto your stomach, ready to let sleep claim you. Just as you let your eyes fluttered shut, a loud knock thumped on your apartment’s door.

You were going to ignore it, but it came persistently, and was increasing in volume. Finally, it provoked you to clamber out of bed, and peek through the peephole. On the other side was a slightly irritated and drowsy looking Yoongi. You thought that of all people, he would be the one to understand your staying home, and not pester you to come with them. And now that you were thinking about it, didn’t you hear their van pull away? What was he doing here?

You pulled the door open and stared. He stared back. The silenced stretched between you as neither of you took the initiative to make the first vocal move. He seemed to shake himself out of a daydream before stating “They left me here.”

You tilted your head slightly, “And you’re here because…?”

He sighed and grumbled “Because they took all the copies of the key with them, and my cellphone’s is in Jin’s bag.”

You nodded your head in understanding. “Oh, shouldn’t you go get the superintendent of the building then?”

Yoongi’s shoulders slumped forward. “He left to go fishing this morning, he’s not going to be back until late.” The impulse to reach out and his hair was very real, it was just about the right distance away, and it looked so soft…

But you had seen what happened to those who touch Min Yoongi without his permission, and you’d rather keep your arm, so instead you stepped back a bit and widened the door’s opening. “Do you wanna just hang out until your roommates or the Superintendent gets back then? I can put on a movie or-“

“Nah, no need to go through the trouble, I’ll just chill on the couch until then. Thanks.” He stepped through the doorway, removing his shoes as custom. In a moment his sandals were lined up with your shoes, and his surprisingly elegant feet were padding on your floor en route to the couch. You followed, sitting a polite distance away from him, and making small talk. You weren’t sure wether it was because of the warm sunbeam that had fallen directly onto your couch, or because of Yoongi’s soothing voice, but soon you were fighting to keep your eyes open and your brain functioning. Every fiber in your body was telling you that it wanted it’s promised nap time.

Yoongi was rubbing his eyes as well, as your conversation lapsed into a comfortable silence.

“You know,” he mumbled “Don’t stay awake because of me, if you need to sleep, sleep. I’m the one intruding after all.” He watched as an easy smile stretched out across your face, and then you closed your eyes, sleep taking you almost instantly. He didn’t even mean to return your smile with one of his own, or think about how cute you were when you were so soft and sleepy looking, but he did, and soon his eyelids lost their battle with gravity as well.

You went through several cycles of consciousness, sometimes were aware with how comfortably warm you were, other times weaving in and out of smeared dreams of a small fleeting smile that somehow made your chest flutter. Finally though, you came fully awake, and you found yourself wrapped up firmly in the arms of your impromptu guest. His breath came soft and even, fanning over the back of your neck, it seemed he was still sleeping.
 

“Goddamn it, if I knew this was all it took to get a hug from you I would have invited you over to nap a long time ago.” You muttered to yourself. Yoongi had always caught your interest in a way that none of your other neighbors had, maybe it was his quiet demeanor, or maybe it was because of the way his laughter sounded when it drifted through the wall separating your room from the one he shared with one of the others. But he had always been so chill, as long as he went unprovoked (you were still in awe of the words you heard fly from his mouth when he discovered someone had been picking on Jimin). You tried to shift yourself so you’d be a bit closer to the young man you’d been casually crushing on when you felt the arms around you tighten and felt yourself be pulled gently into the warm chest attached to said arms.

“Is this better? And you should. This couch is comfy.” A sandy voice rumbled from behind you. You nearly jumped out of his arms, but they held firm.

He was awake? Why did he have to be awake, and why did you have to be dumb enough to say that out loud? But… The way he said that so casually… Maybe there was a chance for you here. “So, you like this?” you asked softly, not sure whether to pretend you were sleep talking or flee.

“Aish, I like you! If you liked me, you should have said something. Saved me a whole lot of teasing…” You felt him nuzzle into your hair, sighing. “Or I should have said something earlier.” He hummed in thought, not sure what to say next.

“I like you too. I was just scared with how’d you react!” You felt the words form in your mouth and spill out without your permission. “Uh, I mean-“ You stopped trying to clamber for a way to make that sentence something it was not, because now it was out there. And it looked like if anything, it was amusing him.

You felt the soft shakes of his laughter and could hear the smile on his face. “I scared you? The one who dumped their iced tea on my head the first time we met was scared of me?” You could feel red rising on your face at that memory.

“T-that was an accident!” You stammered out, but was silenced by a small plush kiss that had been placed behind your ear.

“Yes, it was. But that wasn’t.” His cheeky voice snickered.

 You squirmed and managed to turn yourself over so you were nose-to-nose with a smirking Yoongi. His face had gotten rather pink itself, even though his last action was pretty bold, he was obviously feeling remnants of shyness himself. “So… Does that mean you’d like to go out some time?” You asked, happy where this had gone. One of your arms s out and draped itself over his waist, as if it was meant to be there.

“Yeah. I would.” He smiled at you, his face lit up in warmth and happiness.

You both smiled at each other, comfortable in the shared warmth.

“So,” you began “Does this count as a date?” You looked at him with curiosity, unsure with how he’d respond to that.

He shrugged and said “If you’d like it to I guess. It’s one of the best I’ve ever had if so.” He thought for a few more seconds. “Wait… Does that mean that I can officially say that on our first date we slept together?”

You broke out into laugher with him, “I guess so!” 

 

AN: Told you it was fluffy!

Please comment down below your thoughts about it, and check out some of my other fics on here! 

Thank you for reading, I hoped you enjoyed it~