chap 1

Just go with it

Welp this start off as a JiHope fanfic but slowly turn into a Yoonmin one ; v ;

That and also I got lazy at the end


 

"I-I'll waits a little more" Jimin said, "He's just running super late" he finish with a half way bow with his head to the waitress as a apology. The waitress lower her notepad follow with a sigh and walk away, as it's already his fifth time saying this excuse. Always the same excuse to the same waitress.

Jimin check his watch, 7:34. ".." he curse under his breath, not looking away from his watch. It's been exactly three hours and a half since he's been waiting for his so-called-boyfriend. They've been dating for quite a while now, not as long as Jeongguk and Taehyung but long enough. Today was supposingly to be a celebration of their anniversary and also a welcome back because his so-called-boyfriend and Jimin haven't seen each other for 2 years now. But they do keep in contact, but it seem like only Jimin who would always engage an conversation when texting. Jimin doesn't mind that he had to start a conversation first, he knows that his boyfriend is busy with his career and he's proud of him. And today, especially today, Jimin got all dress up and is super excited to see his boyfriend again. He waits and waits.. and waits, no texts or call from him, on excuses or anything. Jimin had try to text his boyfriend but he hasn't respond. He's losing hope but would always bring his hope back up hoping that he's just late, running late. He grab his drink and take a sip, finishing the drink off in one go.

He watch the clock hanging on the restaurant walk slowly ticking away without any worries. He set down his drink and pull out his handy dandy phone. Thank god for smart phones, no awkward conversation or awkward silence if he's alone or with someone or alone in the crowd. As Jimin distract himself texting to his best friend, Hoseok for some guidance and maybe, just maybe hoping that his best friend would just show up and drag him home.

Hoseok: 'Jimin-ah when will you come home? Kook and Tae's getting anxious waiting'

Jimin: 'I'll wait a little more hyung, tell them I'll be home soon'

Jimin press send and turn off his phone until a 'ding' follow by a buzz vibrate the table, making him flinch. He grab his phone and turn it on, a few texts send by Jeongguk and possibly by Taehyung.

Jeongguk: 'Hyung,'

Not Taehyung. Jimin scrunch his face at the formalities Jeongguk uses. Jeongguk almost never uses formalities unless something is up or he's worried, or if he's on camera. Taehyung on the other hand, wouldn't use formalities at him, ever, as they're the 95z duo. They known each other well enough to even use formalities. This had to be Jeongguk texting Jimin, so in this case, Jeongguk's worried.

Jeongguk: 'he's not going to show up, you should stop torturing yourself like this'

Jimin felt his heart breaks into a million pieces. Knowing that through text, Jimn can somehow hear Jeongguk's concern and blunt voice, it sound like poison. Somewhat toxic to his lungs. He tighten his grip onto his phone so hard that his fingers and knuckles turn white. He kept reading Jeongguk's message over and over, 'he's not going to show up' until Jimin felt his hand starting to numb from the pain that he never pay attention to when he tighten his grip on the phone.

He wants to home. He want to return to his friends, he want to laugh and dance and be carefree with Hoseok and others. But he can't find the courage to stand up, to leave, to get out. The urge of seeing his boyfriend is much stronger than thatt. And honestly, he felt like he's falling apart each minutes pass sitting in this chair.

Jimin: 'I'll be fine, don't worry'

Was all Jimin can reply. He turn off his phone to save battery, quickly shove it back inside his pocket, ignoring all the buzz and vibratition cause by Jeongguk and maybe Hoseok.

The waitress clear , snapping Jimin's out of his thinking. He look up at the waitress. The waitress had an concern, annoy and impatient face, tapping her pen to the notepad waiting for the orders. Jimin hold up a finger, "Just-" he beg and bite the bottom of his lip, "A little more" Jimin lower his voice and it crack at the end of the sentence. The waitress doesn't say anything, taking it as her queue and leave him alone once again.

Letting out another sigh, longer this time. Jimin grab his drink and bite onto the straw tip, knawing on it. Jimin look around the restaurant to occupy himself, anything to get mind off checking the clock on the restaurant wall every five minutes. But he was wrong to look around. He shouldn't have look around. He was dead wrong. People around the restaurant was looking at him, some were whispering to each other and then look at him with sympathy, others look at him with apologetic eyes as they know what's going on, making him feel sick and nausea.

--

As the clock hit 8 exact, he decides to go home as his phone continue to vibrate nonstop inside his pocket. Jimin take it out, annoyed and frustrated, turn on the phone and check all the messages.

Hoseok: 'it's late you should come home'

Tae: 'we'll be ordering pizza'

Jeongguk: 'hoseok-hyung doesn't look too good, he stop his dance practice and waits for you at the door'

Tae: 'Jin-hyung is mad at you'

Jin: 'you come home right now it's late and its pass your curfew'

Hoseok: 'Namjoon trying to kick me in the groin bc i wont get back into practice help'

Jeongguk: 'it's madness here hyung come back to us!!'

Tae: 'somene CALL 91FD'

Jimin snort, trying not to laugh out loud since he's in public. He's grateful and happy that everyone is concern about him, mostly Jeongguk. The younger always deny Jimin's affection and love but seeing Jeongguk getting work up for Jimin makes his heart happy. That, and Taehyung, despite being weird and doesn't catch on with the situation fast enough. Taehyung would always be the first one to take the action and comfort because he express his feelings in action better than words and Jimin like that about him. Hoseok is just a smiling icon that no on can refuse. Namjoon and Jin are just like his parents most of the time, nag and nag and nag. The only thing Jimin grateful about them is that when he feel down about his so-called-boyfriend and doesn't catch up on his sleeping, eating and shower schedule. Jin or Namjoon would take care of Jimin carefully, making sure he eat and sleep and get his health back on the track. There's may be up and down but Jimin's grateful of his friends.

Jimin: 'coming'

He send it to a group chat with all of them in it and place his phone inside his pocket again. Jimin grab his beanie, putting on his dust mask and wrap scarf around him. Preparing to head out and apologize for dissing the waitress and taking up her time.

As soon as Jimin stand up halfway, someone pull out a chair opposite of him and sit down, explaining loudly, "Sorry I was late, babe" the person said as loud as he can, shameless and for the whole restaurant to hear. "Traffic is crazy right now" the person smile. Jimin doesn't say anything as his eyes is wide open, puzzle spread across his face. The person, of course, notice this and expect this reaction. Who wouldn't get confused and scared when some random stranger sit down across from them in a restaurant calling them 'babe.'

The person quietly adds, "I'm Yoongi. Just go with it, yeah? WHoever didn't bother to show up is a " letting out a shrug follow by a small timid smile. Jimin couldn't help but let out a laugh. The laugh was muffle because he's wearing a dust mask, but a laugh's still a laugh.

And so Jimin went along with it because the person, Yoongi, is being sweet and try to save him from the apologetic stares the people gives. Jimin is super grateful to Yoongi even though they just met.

As time passed, Jimin find out that Yoongi is the cutest thing he ever laid his eyes on. They don't have much in common as Jimin is a walking sunshine who like to smile and laugh and super confident with his eye smile while Yoongi is a hibernating bear whose like to make music and rap and likes to sleep whenever he get the chance. The only thing they both got in common is that they shared their love to music, mostly hip hop. There's many more common they both shared but music is what they feel most passionate about.

Jimin take off his dust mask and scarf, leaving his beanie on his head. Yoongi was wearing a big coat, with an oversize red scarf that cover half of his face and learge black beanie that say zZZ print on it. It somehwat makes him look like a small child. Jimin also notices that Yoongi have super pale skin, paler than anyone he ever known.

Jimin spent his whole night chatting with Yoongi. Yoongi, at first doesn't engage with the conversation much but as soon as Jimin ask what's he do for a living and what's his hobby is. Yoongi brighten up right away, like a child whom get a present they always want on Christmas, and start talking non-stop. Jimin bring up a different topic each time the previous topic dies down, keeping the conversation flowing. Words come out of Jimin's mouth easily, he felt as if he can say anything in the world to Yoong and he wouldn't get judge.

They ended up exchanging numbers so both can keep in contact and can be closer friends. That, and Yoongi want to meet Jimin's friends as he want to write and compose song with Namjoon.

"I'll pay" Yoongi insist taking out his wallet.

"You don't have to, I was here first after all" Jimin shake his head, whipping out his wallet also.

Yoongi sigh, placeing a card on top of the bill so that the waitress can take it away to charge money. "Just don't Jimin" he said, his voice was low with a growl. Jimin flinch, just slightly, and shoves his wallet back into his pocket. Despite Yoongi having a small figure and fragile body, his blunt personlity really stands out.

 

--

 

They step out of the restaurant and into the cold night. Yoongi shiver at the cold breeze passes by and Jimin sneezes.

"Thank you" Jimin said, catching Yoongi attention as he rub both of his hands together and blow on it to create heat. "For today, no, tonight. You really save me back there" Jimin bow 90 degree showing his gratitude. Yoongi doesn't say anything but bow back.

They both stare at each other without saying anything. Jimin doesn't need to say anything and the atmostphere isn't awkward, it's not as tense. To be honest, it's soothing to Jimin. The latter also in quite an ecstasy at how amazing this non-planned date was tonight and can't wait to tell everything to Hoseok and others, also to reassure to Jeongguk that's everything okay. He's okay.

"Oh uh.. I'll be going now" Jimin bow again, full 90 degree. "I'll text you whenever I can" Jimin smile widely, waving his hands. The smile is hidden but his eye smile show, brightly under the moon.

Jimin slowly turn around, not wanting to move from his current spot. Actually, he doesnt want to move at all. Yoongi quickly grab the bottom hem of Jimin's jacket, pulling the latter back. Jimin stumble backward trying to gain his balance, look back at Yoongi confuse, "Uh.. Hyung?" Jimin ask.

No response.

"I-" Yoongi start but trail off. He waited a few minutes before starting again, "Do you want to go on a real date tomorrow?" Yoongi mumble, his ears is bright red, or that was just part of his red scarf. Jimin blink several times to make sure he wasn't dreaming, or hallucinating. Yoongi's still standing there, with the same timid face from earlier and ears bright red. Jimin gulp at the older cute side.

Jimin doesn't say anything, more like he couldn't and was dazed by the cute aura Yoongi's giving off, "Jimin-ah?" Yoongi call out, waving his hand in front of the latter's face.

Still no response from the younger.

Yoongi furrow his eyebrow in an impatient epxression and slap Jimin, not too hard.

"H-Huh yeah?" Jimin yelp at the action and hold his swollen cheek.

"Were you even listening" Yoongi growl

"Of course. Date, tomorow" Jimin puff out cheek answering with an unsure voice.

"And your answer is?"

Jimin stares into Yoongi's eyes. The older look angry and impatient but giving off a hint of anxious and nervous behind it. Jimin feel a smiles creep across his face, "I would love to."