Winged Ceremony (Chapter 1)

The Legend of Zelda's Romance

Guess what? When I first wrote this, my computer shut off on me, so I have to start all over again. crying

 

When I woke up, my heart fluttered and broke at the same time.

Today was the Winged Ceremony, and I was going to be the Goddess for the whole day. Me, the Goddess everyone prasies and worships. It's a dream come true. But, if Link doesn't win this race, the best day of my life will be ruined. Groose will win and I'll have to spend the day with him... Yuck. "Who am I kidding? Link barely has a chance, it'll be a miracle if he wins! If he practiced more often, maybe I wouldn't worry so much." I argued with myself as I paced around the statue. It's been a while... did he even wake up? I thought to myself right before I heard footsteps and panting from the very person I wanted.

"Link! You did show up! Well, that's one promise you kept, but I need you to keep one more! Win that race, Link! Practice or something, just win that race fair and square! Practice right now!" Link shooked his head and sighed. "What do you mean you can't sense your Loftwing? Stop lying and practice now!" I ordered before pushing him off. A while passed, and I started getting worried. " Hold on, Link!" I shouted before jumping off and mounting my own Loftwing, which grabbed Link with it's claws (or feet if that's what you wanna call it). We all landed safely, but I felt terrible for what I did. "I'm sorry, Link... When you said you couldn't sense your Loftwing, I should've listened. That's really weird, so you should go looking for it. I'd help, but I have my own Loftwing to tend to. I'll catch up with you real soon, kay?" I said to Link, getting a nod back before he headed off for his search. 

My Loftwing, lightly nudged me away when I tried to see if it was hurt. "What's that? You want me to go?" I asked him. I got a squall in reply. "You want me to help Link?" another squall. "...Okay. But you rest before flying again, okay?" I nodded to him before getting up and looking for someone who could delay the race for a little while for Link. Silly me. I could just ask Father. He would understand. I thought to myself before running to the Knight Academy. I'll help Link no matter what. That's a promise. I thought to myself, a small smile on my lips.

"Father! Father!" I called out once I caught sight of the Headmaster of Kight Academy, Gaepora. "Father, can you delay the race for Link please?"

"What happened?"

"His Loftbird is missing!"

"Where on Skyloft could've it gone? I'll be sure to delay it for a little while, but know we can't wait forever." he finalized. I thanked him before dashing off to a quite, alone place. I sat in a bench, still trying to process what happened. It's alright... Link's Loftbird will come back. I hope... I thought to myself. "But who would do such a thing? I'm sure Link's Loftbird isn't acting on it's own." I thought a little harder, then felt foolish for not think of it. I sat up, and dashed to the Light Tower.

"When me and Zelda are alone, her memory of you is going to fade out. All she'll ever think about is-"

"GROOSE!"

"Z-zelda! W-what are you doing here?" Groose asked, trying to seem innocent.

"You were picking on Link again, weren't you? And what do you mean 'when we're alone'? You want me to forget Link? I will never!" I scolded.

"Ah... W-well... I was... I mean... I... thought..." Groose stumbled out.

"You thought what? What did you think?" I asked fiercely.

"Um... Nevermind. I didn't think anything. I'm outta here." Groose muttered as he and his posy walked away.

Link and I watched them go before I said, "It's Groose, right? I'm sure he would've done this." Link nodded, which made me sigh. "Where would they hide your Loftbird... Let's go looking." I decided, tagging along as he led the way. I also just want to be with you at this certain hard time... It's breaking me seeing this happen... I thought to myself, but tried to ignore the idea. I'd never think of stupid Groose, let alone be with him. I thought to myself before we stopped in front of the graveyard entrance, which was blocked by trees. "You sense your Loftbird here?" I asked Link. More nods. "It's dangerous out here. Go get a sword or something. I'll try looking for someone who will lend one. You do that to." I said before running off, but not to find a sword. I sat at the same bench I was on before, thinking hard to myself.  

Oh Link... why did this have to happen to you? I hate that stupid Groose. If he wasn't such a jerk, I wouldn't be worrying as much... I sighed. "Well, I better go check if he found a sword." I told myself before walking back to the entrance, but the trees were sliced out of the way. "I guess that tells me my answer... Huh? Why are you here?" I asked as my Loftwing landed next to me. He looked at me, which made me nod and mount him. He cried out before flying off to the other side.

Once I caught sight of the other side of the entrance, I saw Link walking out. "Link!" I called out to him. "I knew you would be here. Lets go get your Loftwing and you'll win the race." I landed, then went straight back to his side. I followed him, shocked that his Loftwing was trapped behind planks of wood that was tied at the side. I don't think you can cut those very easily... I thought, not even noticing Link using his sword to cut off the ropes. In no time his Loftwing was free, which lifted a great amount of my worries (even though I'm still nervous.) and I grinned from ear to ear. "Link! You found him! You can attend the race now! I'm so happy. You still have to win, though." I added before I jumped off and called my own Loftwing. "Lets fly to the race! You need the practice anyway." I flew off, but he soon passed me, which made my smile bigger. He always made me happy no matter what.

We both made it to the race in time, and I felt ready. "The rules are simple. I will let go of this bird, which is holding a mini-statue. You must catch the statue and bring it back. Who ever does that wins and spends the day with the Goddess for the day, my lovely daughter, Zelda." my father explained. "You will also receive a sailcloth Zelda made herself." he added, which made Groose blush. Disgusting. I ignored it and put on a bright apperance. 

"Three...Two...One...Go!"

All of them ran off the edge, mounting their Skylofts right after, some being daring and waiting until the last moment. My heart thumped so loud, it was ringing in my ears. Everyone was buzzing pass before I could even see their faces, but I could easily spot Link. It's hard not to since he has the rare Crimson Red Skyloft. I could see him gaining on the bird, then getting pushed back by Groose and his posy. I knew those guys would cheat! I thought to myself angrily. "He's chea-"

He caught it. He really caught it...

"Link caught it!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, happiness filling me entirely. Once they all landed, I ran to Link and glomped him tightly. "You won! You won! You kept your promise and won!" I cheered some more. I let go and let him fill his lungs with air again. I walked back to where I was, smiling brightly at Link. I took off the sailcloth and said, "I give this hand-made sailcloth to the winner, Link."

 

I finally finished this in three days. I, for once, finished my homework early so I had plenty of extra time. I hope you enjoy this. I may edit this several times at different times. Enjoy. ^^

XxVocaloidGoddessxX (Ran)