Final

Cat, Coffee & Caring

Qilla sat at a corner table with her books spread out in front of her. She was busy catching up with her homework whilst there was a lull in the coffee shop. She removed her glasses to tiredly rub her eyes. There was so much to study. Between work & school there was no time left. She had a hot cup of Caffe Latte that was helping to keep her going. Free coffee, one of the perks of working in a Coffee Shop. 

She was in the middle of her maths homework when the doorbell jangled signaling someone entering the Cafe. She quickly got up & made her way to the counter. "Hi, what will you be having?" She questioned before looking up. Qilla hoped that wasn't hanging open as the guy standing in front if her was perfection personified. He smiled at her and the dimples on display made her weak kneed. "Hi, my name's Myungsoo, I just opened the book store next door.I'm sorry, I'm not here to buy anything this time" he smiled apologetically. "It's just that my assistant left the front door opened and my cat Byul got out. I'm checking with all the neighbours to see if anyone has seen her" he showed Qilla a picture of a beautiful cat. "I'm so sorry, I haven't seen her. Poor kitty" she said sorrowfully. "I wish I could help you search for her, but I still have an hour to go on my shift" Myungsoo shrugged "thank you for your time, if you hear or see anything, please let me know. I wouldn't usually worry as she's quiet a resourceful cat, but this is a new area that she's unfamiliar with" he said as he went to leave. He turned at the door to wave before opening the door. Qilla returned the wave. She who loved cats was truly disheartened about this turn of events. She hoped Byul was found soon. 

She reluctantly went back to her homework though part of her wished she was out there helping Myungsoo find that precious cat. Within moments she was hard at work again. Her coffee had long since gone cold and she was contemplating making a fresh cup when she felt something at her feet. She stayed absolutely still eyes closed, expecting the worst. A huge smile broke on her face and sighed in relief when she heard the soft purr. Opening her eyes she tilted her head to look under the table, where a cat was currently strutting around and in between her legs in an infinite pattern rubbing against her and purring happily. Qilla put her hands to her face as she realized that this was the missing Byul. She just have gotten in with one of the customers and settled in somewhere in the warm cafe. Pushing her chair back slowly, Qilla carefully reached down for the purring kitten. She brought her up to her chest and couldn't help but pet the gorgeous cat. "Naughty Byul, why did you run away? Hmm? You know how worried your Appa is?" She asked talking in a baby voice. 

Holding the contented cat securely in her arms, Qilla stood up and went into the kitchen to get the cat done milk. She unfortunately couldn't leave the store unattended and was sad that Myungsoo was still out there looking for his cat, who was with her. She looked at the clock, oh ok.. Only ten minutes to go. She packed up her books while keeping an eye on Byul. Qilla started her cleanup of the coffee shop, putting the chairs on the table and sweeping up. Turning the closed sign on the door, she cashed up the till and put on her jacket before she picked up the nice sleeping cat. Grabbing her book bag, she switched off the lights and made her way next door to the book store. 

The lights were all on in the bookstore even though it was after hours. Qilla knew that this was because of Byul's disappearance act. Carefully balancing her bag and the kitten, Qilla used her back to push open the door. She took a moment to admire the changes in the store. It looked so warm and inviting. No-one was at the counter, so Qilla called out "Myungsoo are you in here?" She heard footsteps before Myungsoo came around the corner, a welcoming smile on his lips. Hey he said, the smile becoming wider as he saw her standing there. "How can I help you?" He asked invitingly. Qilla smiled and nodded her head down to the sleeping bundle in her arms" "Byul!!" He exclaimed excitedly as her ran over to her. Myungsoo gently lifted the sleeping cat into his arms like he was carrying a baby. He lovingly ran his hands all over Byul checking that she was fine. When he was satisfied that she was fine, he hugged her to his chest and kissed her on her head. "Lucky cat!" Thought Qilla as she watched the exchange indulgently. Finally he stopped and looked up at her sheepishly, "Sorry for ignoring you. I was just do worried about her. How did you find her? Where?" He asked 

Qilla couldn't help smiling at this worried Appa. "She found me" she said as she explained how Byul had come to her. "It's been hours" Myungsoo said "she must be starving" Qilla placed her hand on his arm to calm him "I gave her some milk" she told him. He reached over and pulled her into a group hug with him & Byul. "Gomawo" he said kissing her on the forehead. "Omo!! " she thought blushing. Myungsoo let her go just as quickly as he had grabbed her. "Mianhae" he said blushing. "Annio. I know how worried you were. I'm sorry I couldn't bring her to you any sooner" She acknowledged with a smile. "I need to go now. I'll leave first" she said bowing to him. "Wait. I didn't even get your name. Kim Myungsoo, Imnida" he said bowing to her. She smiled as she introduced herself to him. "Syaqilla I know this may sound weird, but I feel a connection with you since we met. Please can I take you out to dinner?" Myungsoo asked. Qilla who loved the way he pronounced her full name, smiled shyly as she nodded her agreement. They exchanged numbers before Qilla had to leave. Tomorrow would be their first date and it couldn't come fast enough for either of them.