Aish Dongwoo

Bad Day [One Shot] Dongwoo

 

I walked out of my classed bummed out. I had worked so hard on my English essay only to find out that my teacher still wasn’t satisfied with it. Then I found out that my crush Dongwoo has recently found a girl he had taken an interest in. No one knows who yet, but I guess that is what really made me upset today. Dongwoo was my best friend and he always found a way to put a smile on my face when I was feeling down, but today I just felt depressed. I didn’t even think that Dongwoo could help me out of it.

 

“You okay there Jia?” another friend of mine, Sunggyu asked me.

 

“I’m fine… I’m just a little depressed.” I confessed to him, slumping over my desk and holding my head on top of my arms. Sunggyu patted my head lightly, and sat in the chair in front of me.

 

“Anything your oppa can do to help?” He asked. I shook my head slowly.

 

“Nah I just want to mope around for a while.” I joked half heartedly. He smiled gently at me and poked my forehead.

 

“Just don’t mope around for too long or I’ll be forced to nag at you,” He joked in a failed attempted to make me smile. I stuck my tongue out at him instead.

 

“Just don’t push my buttons,” I muttered, digging my head in to my arms and closing my eyes. Then a couple seconds later a familiar laughter invaded my right ear.

 

“Yah Jia do you want to hear an awesome joke I heard?” Dongwoo asked excitedly.

 

“No… leave me alone,” I insisted, turning my head away from him.

 

“Awhh c’mon Jia just hear me out.” He insisted, hovering over me. I shook my head feeling my heart rate increase at the thought of him being so close to me.

 

“No Dongwoo just stop,” I told him. Then he quietly sat next to me. I could hear Sunggyu snickering in his seat. I kicked his chair and he turned to glare at me.

 

“Yah! What did I say!” He scolded me. I made a face at him and he made one back at me. This became a game between us until I couldn’t help but laugh.

 

“Is there something I’m missing here?” Dongwoo wondered as he watched us joke around with one another.

 

“Nah Sunggyu is just nagging at me,” I told him, smiling in his direction. Then his face went from a serious expression to a much lighter one. Without warning he hugged me sideways and held me tight.

 

“I like you better when you are smiling, but it’s even better when I make you smile.” He mumbled. I looked up at him and felt my cheeks start to burn.

 

“YAH! Let me go!” I insisted.

 

“Nope.” He replied. I glared at him, but before I could insult him he started tickling my sides. I began to flail around  begging him to stop.

 

“Mr. Jang stop tickling Ms. Lee so I can start class,” My teacher walked in pointing us out. I turned red. I didn’t know if it was because I was embarrassed or if it was because I laughed too much, but in the end I couldn’t look at him in the eye.

 

At the end of the day I was feeling down again. I fell in to a puddle of water and stained my skirt. Not to mention my text book fell as well so I was going to have a hell of a time studying for my test tomorrow and I forgot my keys in my room this morning so I was locked out of my own home.

 

I took a seat on a bench near school and looked up at the sky.

 

It’s getting cold and it looks like it might rain soon. Today is just not my day.

 

“Jia,” A familiar voice called. I looked and saw Dongwoo. I waved slightly not wanting to face him in the condition I was in.

 

“Hi,” I muttered.

 

“You okay there? It’s going to rain soon. You should be getting home. I’ll walk you if you want,” He suggested. I sighed and shook my head at him.

 

“I forgot my keys.” I mumbled. He kneeled down in front of me and smiled.

 

“Let’s go to my house. I can drive you home when your parents get back,” He told me. I shrugged and he pulled my out of my chair. I got in to his car and leaned my head against the headrest. Then I felt a poke at the side of my cheek.

 

“C’mon shorty cheer up, You know I don’t like it when you are upset,” Dongwoo commented. I took a deep breath and tried to smile at him, but he shook his head disappointingly at me.

 

“Don’t force it either… your smile is the best when you just let it come to you.” He told me. Then I sighed and turned to my window.

 

I guess I can’t do anything right today.

 

I didn’t know if it was all the emotion or the fact that Dongwoo looked disappointed at me, but a few tears fell out of my eyes. I swallowed hard and tried to stop.

 

“Lets go,” I told him shortly, trying to sound as normal as possible.

 

 

 

When we got to his house he let me borrow some of his clothes. They fit big on me considering I was so short.

 

“It looks like the clothes are going to swallow you whole,” He laughed looking at me. I glared at him and shoved him playfully.

 

“Well if you could be shorter.” I muttered. Then as I sat next to him he handed me a bowl of ice cream. It was a scoop of vanilla with peppermint pieces on top.

 

“I remembered that your favorite ice cream was peppermint, but since we don’t have it I hope you like this,” He told me. I could help but smile at him. I didn’t ask him for ice cream or for him to take me in, but the way he made me feel so welcome made me feel like everything was going to be okay.

 

“Thanks Dongwoo…you’re the best.” I thanked him. Then we went off in to useless ranting. Soon I was feeling great again. I didn’t know how he did it, but this is what made me fall for Dongwoo. He was always there when I needed him. Which reminds me…

 

 

“Oh by the way… can I borrow your math book? Mine kinda fell in a puddle,” I told him. He nodded vigorously and tried to find it, but in the end we started cleaning his room. I laid in his bed and hugged his pillow.

 

“So this is where you sleep huh?” I said to myself. I had always wondered how he slept at night. I immediately remembered a night I couldn’t sleep and Dongwoo stayed up trying to lull me to sleep. He fell asleep first but hearing him breathe oddly made me fall asleep.

 

“Yep this is where I sleep. Sorry I made you help me clean my room but here is my book,” He said handing it to me. I shrugged letting him know it was okay.

 

“So… I’ve heard some rumors that you have a crush on a girl.” I started, saying what was on my mind.

 

“I uhh… where did you hear that?” He asked me nervously.

 

“Some girls were talking about it in the hall,” I lied. The truth was that Sunggyu told me. He refused to let me know who though. Boy was I jealous of this girl.

 

“Oh well… yeah, I like a girl but I don’t think she likes me. I saw her flirting with some guy at school today. I don’t even think she sees me that way.” He told me, turning to look at the ground. I was still laying on his bed and I turned so I could stare at the ceiling.

 

“Her loss, you’re a great guy. If she can’t see that it’s not worth it.” I told him.

 

“Oh yeah? Well… what was with you and Sunggyu today?” Dongwoo asked out of the blue. I didn’t understand why he was asking, but since he answered my question it was only fair that I answer his.

 

“Nothing. He was nagging me for feeling bad. Today just hasn’t been my day. It seems like everything that could have gone wrong went wrong today.” I drifted off.

 

“Do you like Sunggyu hyung like that? You know like more than friends?” He insisted. I sat up and turned to look at him.

 

“No. What would ever give you that idea?” I asked. He shook his head. The atmosphere turned awkward and he didn’t answer. I sat there hugging his pillow and glancing at him occasionally. Dongwoo looked like he was contemplating something very difficult.

 

“I…”Dongwoo started. I eyed him curiously, but instead of continuing what he was saying He stood up and walked over to the bed where I was sitting. Then he pulled my wrist and hugged me tight.

 

“Umm… Dongwoo… what is going on?” I wondered.

 

“I really really like you Jia… more than just a friend. I know this is the wrong time to do this since I know you’ve had a bad day today, but I can’t hold it in any long. Watching you with Sunggyu this morning was killing me and…” I quickly covered his mouth before he could continue. It suddenly made sense. The girl that Dongwoo was talking about was me.

 

“You were talking about me this whole time? Are you trying to tell me that I was upset about you liking a girl for no reason? Geez that could have made this horrible day better.” I said more to myself. Then Dongwoo came down to eye level.

 

“You mean… you like me too?” He asked. I nodded embarrassedly. Then he held my shoulders and crashed his lips on to mine. Afterwards he shot a smile at me. “You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that. I mean when I saw you come out in my clothes I wanted to put you in my pocket and keep you forever,” He confessed. I laughed and poked his sides making his laugh.

 

I guess today… wasn’t that bad of day ;)


so i hope this wasn't too lame or anything... ^^: still i hope it was okay. I also hope he had an awesome birthday

XP then again he's Dongwoo ^^; I doubt he had a bad day ^^;

 

So birth of a family is so funny XP ^^ Sunggyu's Dog phobia is just adorbs <3 I love him more for it. As for the

whole Apink thing... Im still jealous but i'll get over it ^^; It's a typical fan response.. unless you like Apink too in

which case this is awesome for you, but I don't hate Apink nor am I their fan so yeah... ~~~ I can't help it ^^;

Im jealous XP

 

sorry for the rant ^^; the main thing is

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONGWOO <3