Part I

Bambam - "I'm not even your second choice."

Group: GOT7

Member: Bambam

Theme: Angst//”I’m not even your second choice.” 

Length: short/drabble/novella/long/novel


 

You just heard that he broke up with his girlfriend. Finally. I finally get the chance.You’ve liked Bambam for a few months, two years after you became good friends. He’s so sweet and cute and funny, it was hard not to like him. Apparently, everyone else thought so too. Even though so many girls were always flocking him, you still tried.

The last time you were going to confess, she confessed before you. You were mad, but you couldn’t be mad at her. Why would you be mad at her? You were mad at yourself. You made it so obvious that you liked him, but you didn’t even confess until it was too late. Even then, you still hadn’t confessed to him yet! You always hated yourself for not confessing sooner. You just wish he knew…

Which he did. Bambam knew you liked him from the first time you started acting different, a few months ago. Not as a friend, but as someone else interested in him, is what he thought of you. He hated that. He wanted his friend back, the friend that laughed at his lame jokes, and would play stupid with him. Not someone who was shy to be gross or boyish, but someone that was comfortable around him. Someone he genuinely wanted by his side. That you was still there, but he saw you as just another fangirl. He was willing to do whatever to get you back, including accepting someone he never liked, as a girlfriend. He thought that by this, you would give up. Well, that sure worked.

Instead of his plan working, he got hurt from an unwanted relationship. He was bored and the one he wanted by his side wasn’t even herself. The girl he was with was confused when he wanted to break up, since she thought things were going so well.

“The feeling’s not there for me. I’m really sorry, but I can’t do this anymore,” were his last words to her. Bambam felt sorry that she had to go through this, especially since it didn’t work. You were still googly eyed around him, and admired everything he did when he had a girlfriend. It just made you sad he was with her, but you were still persistent. He had to put an end to it.

Meanwhile, you were writing your love for him on notecards, with a rose on your table. This was it, this was going to be the day you finally let him know. You finished up the coffee you had been drinking for an extra rush of adrenaline, took a deep breath, and made your way to where Bambam would be, in the GOT7 practice room.

While walking, you had a strange feeling, as if a gut feeling were telling you not to go. You decided it was just butterflies and the caffeine running in your veins. He has to say yes!  You felt confident that there was no way he could reject you. You two have been friends for a while, and he laughs at your jokes, teases you…

To your surprise, you find Bambam by the coffee store in front the JYP building. You were about to enter when you see another girl inside. It almost looks as if she’s confessing. Huh, please, he wouldn’t run to you after a breakup. The next thing you see is Bambam nodding and smiling at her.

You couldn’t contain yourself; you were mad. This time, you weren’t mad at yourself anymore, you were mad at him. You open the door and storm in the store. They both look up at you, with the mixed emotions of surprised and scared.

“Y/N…what are-” Bambam started.

“You. You knew, didn’t you? You knew that I like you, and that I was going to confess. Who is this? Do you even know one thing about her? You only know she has a pretty face and a gorgeous body. What about me? Have you ever considered me, or at least looked at me as a woman?” You asked sternly, with tear threatening to fall.

“This? This is Nayeon, I’ve known her for a bit. Yes, I know she’s pretty, but she’s also really nice. But as for you, I’ve only ever seen you as a friend. Just a friend, nothing more, nothing less. After you started liking me, you were no different than everyone flocking me. How am I to look at you as a woman when you remind me of a fangirl? I want my friend back, the old you.”

“I see,” you wiped your tears. “So, because I’m ‘different’ I’m not even your second choice. I get the message, I’ll let you go, then. Here, take these, it’s a waste if I just throw them away. “ You said, giving him the rose in a defeated manner. You walked out, accidentally dropping your notecard confession. Not caring, you just left it and started walking to wherever.

Bambam looked at the floor, reading the cards. Three in particular caught his attention.

I like you! No…

That’s not good enough…Bambam…

I love you!

He picked them up, lingering on the last card for a while. Tears were dwelling in his eyes. What have I done? He quickly apologized to Nayeon and ran outside.

Where did she go?