Part 1

October 2nd, 2015
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong hopped into his sister’s car after he has done bidding farewell here and there, ready getting back to his house and meet with his parents as well as the whole family. On their way back home, he glued his stare towards the outside, though his mind wasn’t really anywhere; as he was replying the conversation Seohyun made half-dreamingly already. Surely, the unexpected occurrence with his ex-band-mate was caught him up more than necessary. Even if it wasn’t Jaejoong’s first time to meet Yunho after six years being in separated group, it has been too long since the last time they talked to each other. And getting a chance to talk with Yunho again, made Jaejoong realized how he missed all the heated-but-safe discussion between them- they weren’t the one who agreed over things, but he did admit that knowing a very different perspective was also good. A smile crept back on his face, as he thought that he should thank the ROKA committee later for making this came true.

He was still in the middle of his own thought, when a loud sound of ringing phone came from around his foot. Jaejoong bended down and took a glance at his sister’s bag there, frown were replacing the smile as soon he recognized the ringtone too well. He shot another look towards his sister and about to ask, but his sister has beaten him already before he could let out a word. “That’s yours,” she said. “Answer it, Jaejoongie. Seohyun is sleeping.”

Jaejoong immediately searched the phone in the bag; didn’t want to argue and made his sister mad to ruin the beautiful day for him. Once he has finally found the said phone there, Jaejoong raised his eyebrows as he knew whom the number was belonged to. Jaejoong pushed the answer button; but even before he got a chance to greet the person on the other line, once again he was beaten.

“I heard that.” A very familiar baritone voice greeted him right away.

“Yoo- Heard about what?” asked Jaejoong back with no clue; though he also knew that whatever the other has heard wouldn’t be a good one. There was a clear hint of anger, disappointment, and even sadness all at once there, and Jaejoong didn’t like that. “…Yoochunnie?”

“You,” Yoochun continued; breathed heavily, as if trying to suppress his anger back. “Yunho-Hyung.”

“… Yeah?” replied Jaejoong again as he blinked; couldn’t get what everything was about. It should be about his meeting with Yunho, but nothing was wrong with that- and Jaejoong was sure Yoochun did know as well. They- all of them; were friends, nevertheless. Enemy was something they have thrown away a long time ago.

“You were freaking staring at him,” Yoochun finally completed the sentence with a clearer anger. “I see that they also said you were giving him a fighting gesture. And then- you met him and his family at the backstage, talked to each other, touched each other’s arms-? Did you really exchange number too and asked him to send you texts too? The is this-”

Oh. Now Jaejoong understood what it was about. And came to think of it that was probably his fault to show too much happiness when he was around Yunho. The fans and media would surely capture every single moment of those; and knowing his relationship with Yunho wasn’t the simple one either, Jaejoong should have known better how Yoochun would react strongly about this. “Yoochunnie, it is not like that-”

“You hugged him,” Yoochun stated; though that sounded more like an accusation. “And had a dinner with him too, it seems-?”

“Yoochunnie, please-”

“. , how could you have a cigarette with him so casually again?” added Yoochun again.

Jaejoong was about to say something back towards Yoochun, when he finally noticed that there was something not fitted with the current situation. His Yoochun has never been the one who interested with the celebrity news; not even about him or Yoochun himself- or Junsu. It was a bit impossible for Yoochun to find that accidentally too; considering how not all of them would be covered in the news. Something- someone was behind this, so- “Were you browsing all of those just now?” he needed to know who was responsible for everything; aside from himself and Yunho as well.

There was a brief of silence, as the other didn’t seem to expect Jaejoong asking such. “No. Not really,” answered Yoochun back after a moment.

“…  Did Junsu give you those?” asked Jaejoong with his best guess. If there was someone who cared enough about something stupid like that, then it was Junsu. The younger was seriously meddling too much between him and Yoochun; to the point sometimes Jaejoong wanted to strangle him for that.

“Apparently,” Yoochun replied with a desperate sigh, and it was easy for Jaejoong to know that the other was also rolling his eyes lazily. “Everyone did. Now it sounds like a serious thing, isn’t it?”

Jaejoong gulped down and decided to ignore the sarcasm coming from Yoochun, as there was more important thing to know; like who this everyone Yoochun has mentioned about. It couldn’t be- “And by everyone…” trailed him off, too afraid to continue with his hunch.

“Everyone who knew us exists,” Yoochun helped completing the sentence for Jaejoong. “Like Junsu- or Yoohwan. And also Heechul-Hyung, Minwoo-Hyung, Ahnjjang-Hyung, even Minyoung-Noona and Jihyo-Noona… and whom this number belong to? Oh, Geunsuk. Jang Geunsuk. I have never talked to him up until now, even- and he suddenly sent me this. So when I say everyone, it means everyone.”

That’s it. Jaejoong felt like he could die any second.

Jaejoong took one deep breath, trying to calm himself down as he was also remembering the names Yoochun has mentioned just now. He would talk with every single one of them and telling each that none of these was helping. “It’s not like that, Yoochunnie. We were just reminiscing the past days-”

“The days when you two were still lovers,” snapped Yoochun all of sudden.

“We are not!” denied Jaejoong, instinctively raising his voice when he thought the accusation was a bit too much for him. He even forgot again; the fact that there was a sleeping Seohyun beside him. He has been trying to hold it back, but the day was tiring and having an argument with Yoochun was making him on the edge of exploding. “Shouldn’t you know it better, Yoochunnie? Just- Okay just tell me then. Do I look like that- like someone who will flirt with someone else when I have a boyfriend? Do I?” Jaejoong stopped, giving a chance for Yoochun to answer though he knew the younger would never answer such a question in this situation. “I’ve told you, Yoochunnie. It’s not like that; we were talking just as friends. So please; if you’re going to accuse me more, do it later. I’m too tired; I don’t want to argue with you anymore.”

There was an awkward silence as the younger hasn’t replied Jaejoong’s words yet, and now Jaejoong started feeling guilty for accidentally saying things like that towards Yoochun. Cursing himself within h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter