Finish

Don't Hide It

Current time: 9.10 a.m

It’s been 15 times Jaebum tried to wake Youngjae up. Even with 10 alarms that Youngjae himself settled up, he still can’t wake up. Oh, Lord, Youngjae is truly a deep sleeper.

“Youngjae-ya, wake up! Hurry up! Youngjae-ya… you have to eat breakfast and we get our practice today,” Jaebum’s still trying to wake Youngjae up when Jackson comes to their room after showering.

“Hyung, go take shower. I’m done.”

“Ok. Jackson-ah, help me. Wake Youngjae up, ok?” Jaebum said to Jackson as he gets up to take his clothes.

Jackson sighs, “You know, hyung, waking Youngjae up is the hardest job in this world.” Jaebum chuckled at the younger’s joke.

“I know. Just do whatever you can think to wake him, ok. I’ll shower first,” Jaebum leaves Jackson alone.

After Jaebum leaves, Jackson really thinks a good way to wake his young brother. Jackson is so focus as he doesn’t notice that Youngjae’s speaking in his sleep.

“Hyuuung~~ Jaebum hyung, I think I’m sick,” Youngjae said in a very small voice. He doesn’t fully aware that Jackson who is beside him, not Jaebum. Well, Youngjae still can’t open his eyes.

Youngjae’s cough for a moment. That caughts Jackson’s attention, “Oh, Youngjae-ya, are you awake?”

“Jaebum hyung…” Youngjae still mumbles Jaebum’s name.

“Youngjae-ya, what’s happen? I’m Jackson. Jaebum hyung is taking shower now.”Hearing Jackson’s voice, Youngjae opens his eyes.

“Youngjae-ya, why? Are you sick?” Jackson asks again as he checks his brother’s temperature. “You have fever. Gosh!” Jackson screams and suddenly gets up to call Jaebum, but Youngjae holds his wrist.

“No, hyung. I am fine. Don’t tell anyone.” Youngjae pleads.

“We have practice today, right?” Youngjae asks as he tries to gets up. While trying to stand up, he gets so dizzy that makes him fall back to the bed.

“Youngjae-ya!” Jackson screams again as he tries to catch Youngjae. His voice is so loud. “You are not fine enough to join practice, Youngjae. Your condition will get worst,” Jackson tries to make Youngjae realize that he will only make his condition worst by forcing himself.

“No, hyung, I am really—“ Youngjae’s words were cut by Jaebum’s sudden enter.

“Oh, thank God, you are awake now, Youngjae. Good job, Jackson!” The leader said in relief.

“I’m sorry, Hyung, for making a trouble for you,” Youngjae said as he grins. Jackson watches him in disbelief then he lets out a sigh. While Jaebum is busy preparing, Youngjae touches Jackson’s hand, finds Jackson’s eyes, and mumble, “Please, hyung. Keep it secret. I’ll be fine.”

Jackson nods as he looks so concerns about his younger brother.

“Youngjae-ya, hurry up. Take your shower. We’ll go in any moment,” Jaebum orders.

“Yes, hyung!” Youngjae answer as he gets up then suddenly feels the dizziness again, but he holds it because he doesn’t want to make anyone, no, make Jaebum worries.

-----

It’s 10 a.m. GOT7 begins their practice.

They start their practice with stretching. Stretching needs partner. Jaebum glances at Youngjae, Youngjae can feels the glance and directly run to Jackson as he says want to be partner up with Jackson. Stretching requires skinship, of course. That’s why Youngjae chooses to be partner up with Jackson as he doesn’t want to involve in some skinship with Jaebum because of his body’s heat.

Jaebum can’t help but feels ignored by the younger. In the end, he is the only one without partner. And this makes him more sad and pitiful. Why does Youngjae ignore him? He thought. This is the first time Youngjae ignores him, usually the younger will cling to him every time. He lets out a long sigh as he begins his lonely stretching.

Youngjae notices Jaebum’s facial expression and feels bad, but he can’t help it. He has to keep it that he’s not feeling well today, or Jaebum will get so worries over him. Like the last time, when Youngjae was sick, Jaebum was over worried about him and didn’t do his jobs well as Jaebum insisted to be by Youngjae’s side all the time. Jaebum’s afraid that Youngjae’s condition would get worst anytime and he didn’t want that to happen. For all the attention from the leader, of course, Youngjae was thankful to him, but felt burdened also at the same time because his leader’s over care towards him.

Youngjae drags Jackson to stretch in the corner of the room which is the most far spot from Jaebum. As long as the stretching goes, Jackson always asks about Youngjae’s condition.

“Youngjae-ya, are you ok? Wanna take a rest a bit?” Jackson asks in very small voice making sure that only Youngjae can hear it. Youngjae nods, but his face tells otherwise.

“Youngjae-ya, your face tells me that you can faint anytime. Let’s just say it to the others, ok? I’m so worry about you.”

“No, hyung. I’m fine. I haven’t felt tired yet. See?” Youngjae reassures Jackson by lift him.

“Yah! What the--” Jackson yells, makes everyone, including himself, surprised.

“What’s wrong?” Jinyoung asks.

“Nothing. Just keep going,” Jackson gives him a wide grin to everyone, then back to face Youngjae again, “What are you doing just now?”

“Proving that I’m fine,” Youngjae answer it with that beautiful eye smile of him.

The two don’t know that the leader always keeping eyes on them. Jaebum thinks that there is something strange with Youngjae—and Jackson—today. Something that bothers him so much. Feels that he gets enough watching his two young brothers, he claps his hands to get attention, “Ok, guys. Stretching is done. Let’s get started.”

Soon as Jaebum stated, they begin their practice. They dance non-stop for about four hours, making sure that every moves are perfect and synchronize. As Jaebum stops the music and says that they may take a rest, Youngjae directly sits beside Jackson and puts his head on Jackson’s shoulder. His body is burning, accumulation of fever and endless dancing. He feels so dizzy so he closes his eyes, Jackson orders him to take a rest on the sofa in the corner of the room, but Youngjae refuses it, afraid that he will fall asleep there.

Jaebum walks towards Youngjae and squats in front of the younger, “You’ve had enough, Choi Youngjae.” Youngjae opens his eyes as he hears Jaebum’s voice next to him.

“Let me take you to the dorm.” Jaebum reaches out his hand to help Youngjae stands, but Youngjae refuses it. Everyone in the room watches them. Youngjae looks into Jaebum’s eyes which is full of concern. Youngjae’s heart beats faster, as he questions himself about how and when did Jaebum knows it.

“Hurry up. I take you home now or you’ll get worst,” Jaebum reaches out his hands again.

“No, hyung. I am fine,” Youngjae still refuses it.

“Your body is burning, Choi Youngjae!” Jaebum lost his patient.

“Hyung, we have an important stage two days more. I can’t leave practice. I said I’m fine.” Youngjae starts to lost his patient also.

“Practicing isn’t what you need. You need to take a rest. What for do you practice only to get your condition worst?”

“You are over worried, hyung! I’m fine! Fine!”

Everyone seems to hold their breath as watching the roommate’s quarreling.

“Choi Youngjae!” This time, Jaebum seems to control his temper.

“Go home and take a rest,” Jaebum’s begging, looking directly into the younger’s eyes. They exchange gaze for a while until Youngjae takes the first step to move, takes his bag, and leaves the practice room. Jaebum lets out a sigh.

“Sorry, guys, just continue your practice. I’ll take Youngjae to the dorm,” everyone nods as Jaebum leaves.

“Jaebum hyung really loves Youngjae hyung, doesn’t he? I envy Youngjae hyung,” Bambam said.

“No, Bambam. Jaebum hyung loves us, he just worries about Youngjae since he is sick,” Jinyoung explains, but everyone seems to doubt him.

“Ya, whatever. Let’s practice again.” Yugyeom takes his step to the computer to play the music.

“I wonder if Youngjae will be alright,” Jackson mumbles.

“He sure will. Jaebum will take care of him,” Mark pats Jackson’s shoulder.

Once the music starts, everyone begins their practice. They have less spirit as the two main vocalists can’t join them, but they still put their best.

---

Meanwhile, in the dorm.

Youngjae directly heads towards his room, takes off his jacket and heads to the bed. He can’t sleep and still upsets. He closes his eyes tight as he hears someone enters the dorm. It’s definitely Jaebum hyung.

Jaebum enters the dorm and heading towards his room to find Youngjae completely covers himself with blanket. He then lets out a sigh before  walking out the room to make porridge for the sick person. He is trying to make less noise as he makes porridge, but Youngjae still can hear him. He is so damn tired that in no time he finally fell asleep.

---

“Omma, Appa, so sick… Omma…” Youngjae mumbles in his sleep, tears fall down. Jaebum is right beside him, fully concerns. He wiped out the tears and puts his hand on Youngjae’s forehead. The fever seems worst. Then, he gets a wet towel and puts it on Youngjae’s forehead.

What in the world did you keep your sickness, Choi Youngjae? Jaebum mumbles as he watches the younger in front of him, fully in pain.

*sigh* Now, look at you. Your stubbornness is making you—Jaebum can’t continue his words as he hears the younger calls his name.

“Jaebum hyung… hyung… so sick… Omma…”

“Youngjae-ya… Youngjae, wake up. You have to take your medicine. Youngjae-ya…” Youngjae opens his eyes.

“Hyuuung… I am sorry,” he whines.

“Sshh, that doesn’t matter. You have to drink your medicine, but before it, you have to eat first. Can you sit?” Youngjae nods. Jaebum helps him sit. He feeds him.

“Enough, hyung. I can’t eat anymore. I feel like want to vomit.”

“It’s not even half, Youngjae. Come on, one more spoon, ok?”

“No, hyung.” Youngjae refuses.

“Ok. Now, take your medicine. Here it is.” Jaebum gives him medicine and water.

“Now, sleep.” Jaebum takes his leave to bring the remaining porridge in to the kitchen. When Jaebum comes back to the room, Youngjae still has his eyes open.

“What’s  wrong? Why don’t you sleep?” Jaebum asks as he sits beside the younger.

“I’m waiting for you. I wanna say sorry about earlier, hyung. I didn’t mean to yell to you.”

“No, it’s ok. Just… don’t repeat it again. I also am sorry. What in the world that you keep your sick, Youngjae?” Jaebum curiously asks.

It takes a while for Youngjae to answer it. He thinks about how to answer without hurting his brother, but he finds that there’s no best answer than an honest answer.

“Hm… I… I just don’t want to make you and others worry about me. We have a showcase two days more and I feel like I have to practice since I’m the only one non-dancer member and I have a hard time to remember all the new steps.”

“Huh, stupid!”

“What?”

“I said you are stupid. You make me more worried now, you know. You force yourself to practice while sick and it makes you worst. In the end, what is the meaning of practicing if you can’t join the showcase later? You didn’t think about it, right?” Jaebum’s words shut Youngjae.

“I… I…” Youngjae stutters.

“Ok. Enough now. You have to sleep.”

“But, hyung… How and when did you know that I am sick since I didn’t tell you?” Youngjae curiously asks.

“Since this morning. You acted weird since this morning and you kept avoiding me.”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Youngjae looks depressed.

“Never mind. Just don’t keep it when you are sick, ok. I’ll know either. You are my roommate for almost two years now. I can tell your mood just by looking at you,” Jaebum is reassuring him, but threatening him at the same time. Youngjae laughs.

“Ok, hyung. I promise.”

“Now, let’s sleep. I’ll keep you warm,” Jaebum lying down beside Youngjae and hugs him. Youngjae suddenly feels so sleepy. I’m sleepy. I guess the medicine is working now, and Jaebum hyung’s hug really makes me warm.  He thinks.

As Youngjae is sleeping beside him, Jaebum watches him and whispers, “Stupid! You are my lovely brother, Youngjae-ya. And I always worry about you if you are not by my side. Get well soon, lovely Youngjae.” Then the two brothers fall asleep.