1/1

Allegro Non Troppo

 1316 words


Chanyeol pouts as he presses his index finger to Baekhyun's cheek.
It's been 3 hours and Baekhyun hasn't even spared him a glance, too immersed in studying for their upcoming exams.

 

He lets out a sigh, "Baekhyun, are you just going to ignore me the whole time?" Chanyeol asks. He puts his finger down, his hand now resting on Baekhyun's shoulder. Its small and bony.
He squeezes it a little to get Baekhyun to look at him.


The other boy sighs, not in the mood for Chanyeol's antics right now. Stressed from all the studying he has to do, he gives a hard stare to the other boy before speaking,


"Chanyeol, I already said I'd be studying so I don’t know why you decided to invite yourself here." He says, watching as Chanyeol's pouty face intensifies and a frown forms on his face. The taller boy crosses his arms, "I just thought you needed a little break. I mean you'll do great, it’s okay to take at least a few minutes and you know, acknowledge my existence." He retorts, Baekhyun lets out and irritated sigh, putting his pencil down and turning to face Chanyeol fully, "You know my grades are really important to me and it wouldn't hurt you to open a book and study too sometimes instead of lazing around like the you are." Baekhyun yells.


He watches Chanyeols mouth part slightly as if wanting to speak but he remains that way for a few seconds, letting the insult sink in. Chanyeol diverts his eyes which were fixed on Baekhyun, moving to stand up, he remains completely quiet the whole time as he picks his jacket off Baekhyun's bed not bothering to put it on before making his way to the door.


"I'm sorry your boyfriend has to be a , maybe you should get rid of him." And with that he leaves shutting the door leaving Baekhyun in the deafening silence, Chanyeol's words ringing in his ear.


He stares into the empty space that was once occupied by Chanyeol, realizing the terrible things he said in his fit of anger, eyes watering slightly he swipes at them with his hand quickly before they make their way down his face and he turns into a sobbing mess.
Turning back to his books, which seem like they're mocking him now. He slams them shut and his tears make their way down his face anyways.
He doesn't study for the rest of the night. Or sleep.

 

 

 

Chanyeol's ignoring him now. They haven't spoken in a week. Not used to this new arrangement of not having Chanyeol bouncing around him with his too cheery smile and bright eyes. He practically hugs the walls at school now, already not having many friends as it is and now Chanyeol isn’t around to keep him company or bring his friends (who Baekhyun once called annoying) to sit with him at lunch. He wishes they were there now, teasing him lightly and laughing boisterously.
Instead he sits alone in the library his packed lunch untouched. It's probably all bad now.

 

 

 

Exams week is hectic for him. Especially since he still hasn't heard from Chanyeol yet, only catching glimpses of his tall boyfriend who seems to be going about as usual. Good to see his doing okay without Baekhyun.

Because Baekhyun isnt.

He's not doing okay at all.

He thinks of ways to fix the mess he made when he isn't too busy sobbing into his pillow.

 

 

He gets flush A's, of course. He should be happy; he should be crying tears of joy because his hard work paid off. He doesn't know why it doesn't bring him as much joy as it should.
He doesn't know why looking at them just makes him want to cry in misery, he traded his boyfriend for a few grades.

 

 

 

There's a knock on his door. Weird, he isn't expecting anybody (not like anybody ever came except for Chanyeol) he opens it, surprised when he sees the tall boy standing in front of him, he doesn't know how to react and he watches as Chanyeol shuffles awkwardly, "Hey Baek… aren't you going to let me in?" Chanyeol says, tight lipped smile, like he isn't sure its okay to do it. 
Normally chanyeol would barge in like its his own room and lie face-down on Baekhyun's bed which was too small for him while the other just stared at him with a hopeless smile on his face.


He hates how he made it awkward like this. He steps aside quickly, muttering a 'sure' under his breath.
Chanyeol walks in and faces baekhyun, they're standing far away but Baekhyun feels like he can’t breathe.
Chanyeol takes a slip of paper from his pocket, it’s a little rumpled so he smoothes it out with his hands a little before showing it to Baekhyun.
Baekhyun recognizes it as their results slip. He looks at the grades, seeing all the A's and a few B's here and there. It’s an improvement from his last results which he almost flunked.

"I got- I got good grades Baek." Chanyeol breathes out; his voice is low now and he stares at Baekhyun expectantly waiting for the shorter male's response.


Baekhyun feels his eyes start to water and he throws himself at Chanyeol, burying his face in his chest and crushing the paper between their bodies.
Chanyeol wraps his arms around Baekhyun, squeezing him tight. He missed him. During the few agonizing weeks that they didn’t talk, Chanyeol spent it bent over his books till late. Studying like his life depended on it, surprising his mom the most as she questioned 'if he was sick' or 'if he was taking some kind of drugs'


Baekhyun pulls away from him, sniffling like a child, he looks so cute Chanyeol just wants to swoop him up and plant a kiss on his sweet lips.
"You're an idiot." Baekhyun finally says and he watches the smile fall off Chanyeol's face completely, "You didn't have to do this, I don’t care about your grades, I didn’t mean any of those things I said Yeol, I’m so sorry. You're not stupid." He explains and sees the look of relief on Chanyeol's face.


The taller boy slightly blushes and scratches the back of his neck, "I know. It’s just-- I was really ashamed you know? I was slacking off, getting terrible grades and worrying my family. I mean I was hurt by what you said but I think it’s what I needed to hear the most especially since it was coming from you....I didn't want you to be embarrassed to be around me or anything, genius Byun Baekhyun hanging out with an idiot like Park Chanyeol, I didn’t want you to hear those kinds of things." Chanyeol says, blush on his cheeks darkening as he waits for Baekhyun to respond.


"I would never be embarrassed of you. I lo—" he stops himself, blushing furiously at the widening eyes of Chanyeol, he heard.

"What was that?" He asks

Baekhyun looks down, "Nothing." He says quickly before closing the space between him and his boyfriend and pressing their lips together.
Chanyeol quickly forgot all about what he said and the paper falls to the floor, completely forgotten as his hands rest on Baekhyun's hips pulling him closer, deepening the kiss.
He missed this so, so much.

Baekhyun pulls away first and Chanyeol lets out a whine of disapproval, trying to go in for more. Baekhyun laughs before stopping him, "Chanyeol I’m sorry for saying something so insensitive to you. All you did was worry about me." Chanyeol shakes his head slightly, pecking Baekhyun's lips "It’s okay, I forgot about it already, what matters is now, that I’m with you." He smiles at the words that leave his boyfriend's mouth. Promising himself to never say anything like that to hurt him again.


Park Chanyeol, I’m so deeply in love with you.


A/N: i love highschool aus way too much. i love baekyeol way too much.

//whispers// comments are love, comments are life.

follow me on tumblr ?