Fight

The Other You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[The next day]

 

Key: “Mina, you look tired.”
Mina: “I couldn’t sleep at all last night.”
Key: “Is it because we went to Jessica’s house?”
(Sehun suddenly rises from his sleeping position)

Mina: (Sigh) “I think Jessica might really be my twin.”

Key: “What do you mean?”
Mina: “You guys were right. I was adopted.”

(Suddenly a bunch of people looked at her after her last sentence and her friends crowded around her. She didn’t even know that all these people were paying attention until now.)

Hana: “No way!”
Mina: “We’ll have to see the results of the DNA test, but the chances of us not being twins is almost none.”

Eunhee: “No way…”

Mina: “Our personalities are pretty different, but our birthdays… Well the day we went to the orphanage was the same, but it was different orphanages so…”

Luhan: “How did you guys get into separate orphanages if you guys came from the same family?”
Kai: “Jessica said she doesn’t remember her past, do you?”
(Mina shakes her head. When she saw Sehun in the corner of her eye, she suddenly remembered Donghae told her)

Mina: “Sehun, can we talk for a moment?”
Sehun: “What is it?”
Mina: “Just come with me!”

 

Mina grabs Sehun’s arm to the rooftop which was a rooftop garden. Sehun just obeyed and followed.

 

Mina: “How did you get Donghae’s phone number?”
Sehun: “His mom who works at the coffee shop”
Mina: “Why the heck did you have to pretend to be my boyfriend?”

Sehun: “Why not? Do you like him?”

Mina: “I don’t and I don’t like you like that either, in fact, I don’t think I like you at all if you’re going to keep being so weird.”

Sehun: “I don’t care if you like me or not.”

Mina: “Tell me. Why did you call him?”

Sehun: “I didn’t have a choice. I needed to know something.”

Mina: “Well now you know what you wanted to. What is it that you want exactly?”

Sehun: “I want to know your relationship with Jessica exactly.”

Mina: “Why? If I was related to her, what would you do?”

Sehun: “... I owe her one, but I never had the chance to pay her back.”

Mina: “Can’t you clarify?”
Sehun: “Not really”

(Mina looked at Sehun straight in the eyes for a long time, but Sehun just kept that composed poker face and Mina finally gave up.)

Mina: “Do whatever you want.”

 

She leaves leaving Sehun alone on the rooftop… Well not exactly. There were actually a bunch of people standing behind the door. They were all hiding, but when Mina opened the door, they all ran downstairs back to the classrooms. Mina went to chase after them so that there were only two people standing on the rooftop. That person walked toward Sehun who had his back to him. Sehun thought it was Mina so he started speaking without looking back.

 

Sehun: (Sigh) “Mina, I can’t really explain, but if you’re really Jessica’s sister, then… I promise I’ll protect you.”

“Why would you do that? What’s the reason?”
(When Sehun turned around he didn’t see who he was expecting. Key was standing with both hands in his pant pockets.)

Sehun: “Key.”

Key: “What promise?”
Sehun: “You were eavesdropping?”
Key: “I wasn’t the only one. You’re usually someone who gets straight to the point. Why can’t you just tell us what happened?”
Sehun: “One day”

 

Sehun was about to go downstairs, but Key closed the door in front of his face and pushed Sehun back. Sehun who didn’t see it coming fell and knocked over a flower pot. Mina who was still on the stairs heard the commotion and ran back up.

 

Key: “Do you even consider us as friends?”
Sehun: “Gure! So what?!”
Key: “You’re supposed to tell us things! Don’t keep it all to yourself!”
Sehun: “EVEN IF WE’RE FRIENDS WE NEED PRIVACY TOO!!! DID I EVER INTERVIEW HOW YOU FELT WHEN JESSICA DIED?”
Key: “SHUT UP!”

Sehun: “I knew you didn’t want to talk about it so I let it go, shouldn’t you do the same now?”
Key: “You bastard!”

 

Mina came in just in time to witness Key punching Sehun in the face. Sehun was about to punch Key back, but then Mina stopped him.

 

Mina: “What the heck are you guys doing?!”
Sehun: “Let go”

Mina: “You never let go of me whenever I asked you, so why should I?”
 

Sehun pulls his arm back and Key looks elsewhere. Mina see that there was something shining in the broken flower pot so she went to look and picked up a bracelet.

 

Mina: “Is this you guys’?”

Sehun: (Taking the bracelet from your hand) “Are you freaking stupid? Why did you touch that flower pot?”

(You notice that you got a cut on your finger without even realizing)

Mina: “Oh”

Sehun: (Looking at her) “You’re so stupid. Are you alright?”
 

Just then Mrs. Lee came in along with the others.

 

Mrs. Lee: “What happened here?”
Mina: “Nothing”

Mrs. Lee: “Mina, you’re bleeding and there’s a broken flower pot, you expect me to believe that?”

Key: (Bowing down) “It’s my fault. It’s because I punched Sehun.”

Mrs. Lee: “I don’t want to hear it. Kim Kibum, Oh Sehun principal’s office with me. Now.”

Sehun: “Can I go to the nurse with Mina first?”

Mina: “I can go alone.”

Sehun: “It’s my fault you’re bleeding so just shut up and come with me.”

Hana: (Whispering to Eunhee) “If he’s going to help anyways, why can’t he be nicer about it?”

Eunhee: (To Hana) “He’s got to keep the bad kid image, but at the same time you know that he’s a big softie at heart.”

Mrs. Lee: “Why are you guys still here? Everyone get back to class or wherever you’re supposed to go!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter