From King to God

A Deo et Rege
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“i've tried so much to get your authorization father, yet you never took any notice towards me. You only care about my scores. Do you know that pushes a lot of weight onto my shoulders?” jaejoong sat in front of his father, head up high and shoulders straight. Expensive clothing hugged his body tightly. His black hair framed his pale and beautifully flawless face perfectly. His hands rested on top of his knees. His eyes showed no emotion but pure disappointment.

 

“son, the business world is a hard place for young boys. I do, indeed, not love you. I do not share love with your mother either. Love is weakness and i cannot foresee any weaknesses in front of our enemy's.” his father sighed and placed a large book in the hands of his son. “i want you to read the with utmost precision and write an 40 paged essay about it.”

 

“father, i have my own homework i have to work on.” jaejoong sighed but took the book. “when is it due?”

 

“tomorrow at precisely 8.” jaejoong widened his eyes. “do not look at me like that. Your the only heir of this company and we cannot with hold any failures, understood?” jaejoong nodded obediently.

 

 

Jaejoong wore his signature black rimmed glasses, black beanie and his blue school uniform, which was a little to big for his petite body. He skipped a few stairs on his way down, grabbing an apple, who was neatly placed on the table next to the door by the maid, and went out.

 

His father said that the best way to success is to start at the bottom. So instead of being driven everywhere, wearing expensive clothes and being a brat, he wears clothes that he earned himself, by working a small par-time job at the bakery, he isn't driven everywhere and he is certainly not a brat.

Because of his looks he was rather bullied than he being the bully. He doesn't really mind though, Jaejoong doesn't want any unneeded attention so he rather stays on a low profile in school.

 

The school, Dong Bang high. Is just a ordinary school. Yes there were poor people and yes there were a LOT of rich people. A LOT. For example, Kim Junsu, one of the popular guys in school, good in sports, especially soccer, smart and the winner of biggest in the world... seriously, he got an award for that of his, made by Park Yoochun of course. Park Yoochun, not necessarily rich but not poor either, middle class. Smart, loves to stare at pretty girls but doesn't touch them, good guy. His best friend, in other means, isn't a good guy. Rich, self esteem higher than the clouds and godly looks. Yes... he is that hot... and he knows it all to well. His fiance, go ara. Pretty yet the biggest that exists... in the WHOLE world. Her followers, bae seulgi, park hyoyeon and Jung jessica. Her followers are nice as long they are not around ara.

 

Hidden in his oversized hoody, he headed for his class. His seating in the front of the class, closest to the teacher and with the most paper props around it. Jaejoong sighed and sat down, taking his books form his backpack and set them on the table. He softly massaged his temples before slamming his face flat on the table. He lifted his head up after a few seconds and took out the book he had to finish by tonight. Quickly skimming over to page 140.

 

“yunnie, honey, sweety, darling and whatnot. Gosh... do you never get sick of it.” jaejoong lifted up his eyes, picking up on yoochun's body coming through the doorway. Yoochun wore his favourite hat again today, first buttons of his uniform undone and his arm around his godly looking best friend.

 

“yeah.” came the short answer from yunho. He smiled warmly before catching the sight of the ugly nerd in the table up front. “, lord nerd is already here.” he groaned. Yoochun chuckled and patted his friends back softly.

 

“thanks for calling me lord.” jaejoong glared at him before going back to his book, turning a page. “i do appreciate it.” he added quickly.

 

“chunnie!” the squeak... the Goddamn dolphin squeak that made everyone deaf except for yoochun, who found it cute.

 

“susu! Come here sweetheart!” yoochun let go of yunho and dissapeared behind the wall, probably hugging junsu.

 

“and he asked me whether i get sick of the pet names... ugh... greaseball.” yunho smiled sheepishly while walking to his seat, all the way in the back. “hey lord nerd, i've never seen that book before, is there a new assignment?” yunho asked. Even though both of them hated each others guts, they were still classmates and spoke normal, except for lord nerd than, to each other.

 

“no new assignment, this is self study.” jaejoong muttered.

 

“okay.” yunho put his legs on his table and his arms behind his head, sitting back. With his eyes closed he enjoyed the warm morning sun who shined upon him.

 

Within 15 minutes almost all of the classmates where sitting in their seats, having fun and playing around. Jaejoong took a few notes of what he was reading once in a while.

 

“okay, class sit down and pick your math books. I will call out your names and you know the drill, i dont have to explain i think.” she grabbed her ipad, typed something and started calling out a few names.

“heechul.”

“here!”

“Junsu.”

“here!”

“eunhyuk!”

“yes!”

“eunhyuk-shii, it's here, not yes.”

“sorry miss choi.”

“seriously, Muwon.”

“here.” jaejoong muttered.

 

Yes jaejoong used a different name in school. In school he was called Choi Muwon. His father made sure that nobody would recognize his son by name or by looks.

 

“okay, open your books, we'll start on page 246 geometrics...”

 

 

“okay, class is over, everyone have a good lunch, Muwon, can you please wait.” just as jaejoong wanted to stand up. He groaned and sat back down. Everyone passed him, getting a few disgusted looks form his classmates. Some made sure they 'accidentally' bumped him.

Junsu, heechul and eunhyuk were the last to leave.

 

“what is it miss choi?” jaejoong asked politely, glancing up at her.

 

“i noticed you were reading a book on business communication before class and wondered if your father gave you an another task.” miss choi said, her eyes soft and filled with concern. Miss choi also known as choi heebon, and all the other teachers knew about his backround. They actually had to write a contract which stated to never call Jaejoong, Jaejoong but muwon.

 

“yeah...” jaejoong sighed, he took of his glasses and rubbed his face a good few times before putting them back.

 

“god.” Heebon groaned and scratched her head. “when is it due? It looked like a big project.”

 

“tonight at 8.” jaejoong muttered.

 

“what?!” she stood up to quickly, causing her chair to fall over. “is that man crazy?! No wonder you look so tired today! How long did you sleep last night?” she kept standing there, eyes large and mouth caping open.

 

“maybe 2 hours. I can't remember, i fell asleep on my desk.” he smiled tiredly.

 

“aish... okay uhm... go get lunch, ill talk with your father through the phone. This isn't appreciated by the school board.” jaejoong nodded and stood up, he grabbed his backpack, bowed for his teacher and walked out of the class.

 

Nobody, not even the teachers, knew why jaejoong didn't have any friends in school. He was always on his own, taking care of his own business. He was honestly only scared of commitment. Scared of being left alone as soon he felt comfortable. It happened before so i could happen again.

Jaejoong used to be friends with the school jock, Kim Hyunjoong, until he found out that hyunjoong was talking about him behind his back. Luckily he knew to have his mouth shut about his real name and what family he came from if not, the whole school would've already know about his history.

 

jaejoong stood at the corridor of the schools canteen. It's large but not yet big enough to house every student in this school, which means that the students who smoke will just stay outside. jaejoong my lips, looking over every single table who each held a group of students and friends. Yes, there are a lot of high school cliche's in this school. We have the nerd table, who housed one the of the ugliest people in the world, big glasses, pimples on their faces, and always a bit to fat of just right out skinny that it looked unhealthy. At this exact moment they are fangirling over the new game of love life... or something like that. Next to the nerds you had the beauty guru's. They are nice, nicer than all the girls over here to be honest, but they always wore just a bit to much make-up or had just a little bit to much... stuff going on in their hair or when trying to pimp up their outfits. Next to them were the jocks. “y” guys who were way to excited over sports. I don't know how to explain them properly, since it's literally just that. Next to the jocks you had the princesses. Think of them like those mean girls type of girls. To much make-up, trying to be y without looking stylish and well... they were mean. People hated them, everyone... except for the jocks, they bedded at least each one of them at least once. Jaejoong called them ara's followers. The table on the other end of the canteen held the music geeks. Boys and girls who cannot life without music. Writing their own or listening to others. Also the group that housed junsu. Next to them an another form of nerds. Smart, always had their homework done on time and were mostly silent. Their 'president', also known as yunho's little brother, was changmin. Shim changmin to be exact, he had a different father than yunho did. Next to them were the bully's, gang sorta type of people. Boys, and a few girls, who really wanted to have a bad guy/woman status. Some were expelled for not behaving correctly... hell they once even crippled a old woman on the street because she didn't walk fast enough. The groups leader, which isn't of course hard to quess, was Yunho. Yunho really didn't have a good name in the school. Everyone feared him, except for junsu, yoochun, ara and changmin... changmin was scary. If there was a list of what jaejoong was scared of, changmin would be number 2. number 1 was of course yunho. He sighed and rubbed his forehead. He slowly glanced over the “normal people” tables before turning around, leaving the canteen and making his way over to the schools rooftop.

 

He had always loved being alone in solitude. The warm breeze of spring and the chirping of small birds that flew above him. He always liked to stretch his arm up towards the sky, imagining that he could fly. If he could fly... he would go towards the clouds, searching for his mother and his unborn brother. Jaejoongs mother had died due to anemia. To many complications during her pregnancy. His father didn't really care about her or his unborn son. Yes he was sad but that was because he wanted to have a choice, a choice of who would become the next heir of kim corp. Jaejoong on the other hand was devastated. His mother loved him dearly, she cared for him during his first few years. Playing with him, teaching him to cook and she was always nice to all the maids in the mansion. She loved father dearly as well but every single time they were together, jaejoong could see her heart break. Once jaejoong found out he would get a baby brother or sister he was excited. He wanted to have someone else to play with other than his mother. But everything turned bleak after the second semester. She complained of being dizzy, feeling sick and having massive stomach cramps.

 

Jaejoong chewed on his cheek, submerging the sad memories deep into the depths of his mind. He started to concentrate on the small ant, who was carrying a bread crump. The soft breeze that came messed up his perfectly styled hair when he took off his warm beanie. He took a quick glance towards the door, he forgot to lock it. He groaned softly when standing up and earned a satisfying pop from his knee. Taking his beanie with him, he walked towards the rooftop fence. He looked towards the vast landscape of high building and apartments far away.

 

The school was seated near a residents of middle class people. A few block away stood another school but that was mostly used by the lower class. He learned, when he was younger, that the high class people should never engage with low and middle class but once the prestigious school burned down, lit by the lower class scum, his father had told him, they had to place their children into this school. The school expanded greatly after that. They housed VIP rooms for the richest of students, had a few activities and build a campus near here.

 

He heard the door creaking. He quickly pulled his beanie over his head and fixed his glasses before turning around to see who had entered his safe haven. Yunho and his crew. They were laughing and hitting each other playfully while holding a bruised boy in their arms. Jaejoong knew that boy. He was just a few months younger than himself and lived close to where jaejoong lived. The boy had the tendency to lie easily, even to his parents. It didn't shock jaejoong to see him bruised up by yunho's gang but why, was the question.

 

“! We have a bystander!” one of the guys pointed at jaejoong who was still standing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter