The Red Heel Shoes

Scary Stories To Be Told

 

The Red Shoes

CAST OF NAMES MENTION IN THIS STORY:

Victoria Song, Nichkhun, Seohyun, Yonghwa, Krystal, Minho, Sandara (Dara), Hyorin, Sulli, Hongki, Kikwang and Hyuna

 

Today the sky is the dark dull color of grey of the middle of this freezing winter. I guess it wouldn’t be a surprise if would snow on such a day. The gloomy dark sky and the cold breezing winds actually match well with today’s event. What kind of event was it? Well, given the fact that it wasn’t a particular event that I wanted to attend. My husband and I are attending an old friend sister’s funeral. I really wanted to stay home, stay in my bed and under the warm blankets, sleeping. I really hate coming to places like these, which had always gives, me a creepy feeling.

“I think that Seohyun will be glad that you came to her sister’s funeral.” Nickhun said as we enter in to the building. “Her sister was a good friend of yours, right?”

“Ah, yeah...” I tried to be normal as possible and not to make it seem like I didn’t want to be there. It’s true that I know the sister. We did hang out together, but that is when we were classmates in high school with everyone in class. It’s not that I hate or don’t like her but it’s just that we weren’t that close enough for us to actually be consider friends.

Nickhun continue, “Anyways, guess what, so Seohyun’s husband Yonghwa told me that something happen…”

At that very moment I heard an eerie giggling voice, it was like a laugh of a little girl. It was loud and clear, like a whisper in my right ear, I felt a cold chill down my spine. ‘What the hell was that?’ I quickly turned my head to the right and saw no one beside me. I look down to my right arm and can visually see the goose bumps on it. Then I notice that from the corner of my eyes I can see an image of a figure in a corner, I slowly glance at it to see what it was until I realize that it was a plant.

“Victoria? Victoria, are you listening?” Nickhun’s interrupted my trend of thoughts. I look back over to see my husband trying to get my attention. “Why are you so space out? Did you not hear anything I just said?”

“Ah, I’m sorry Khunnie.” I said trying to apologies to him. “I wasn’t listening.” I can see on his face that he was disappointed. “Please repeat what you sa-”

“Ah! Oppa!” a female voice interrupted me. Nickhun turn to give the person a hug. “I’m glad you two made it.” She said after letting go of Khun . I could see that her eyes were red and puffy. She must have been crying earlier.

“It’s no problem; you’re like my little sister, Seohyun.” Nickhun said as he patted his friend on the back. “We’re here to support you in your difficult time.” She nodded her head continuously as in understand what Nichkhun said.

She then turns her attention to me. “Victoria unni, thank you for coming, it really means a lot to have both of you here. I know that you guys just got back from your honeymoon and…” She seemed like she was about to cry again. So I gave her a hug to try and calm her down.

“It’s okay Seohyun.” I hugged her gentle. “Just cry, let it all out.” Just within a matter of second tears pour out of her eyes. Poor girl, it must been hard on her. Her husband Yonghwa soon came to get her and took her to the other room to calm down.

Khun and I went and have a look around the place. Most of the people that are here are people that we knew and some that we never met before. Khun and I met one of his old friends from high school and they soon got into a deep conversation, leaving me out of place. So I told him that I was going to the lady’s room. Khun just nodded and then went back to his conversation. Walking by myself to the restroom, I notice that in the hallways were kind of empty. Well, it wouldn’t be such a surprise since it was actually really late. Most people had gone home already.

As I was getting closer to the restroom, I had a creepy feeling again like something was behind me and watching me. I then hear a familiar sound and the same eerie feeling giggle from before. The hair on the back of my neck stood up as I got goosebumps all over my body and I can feel the chilling coldness on my backside. I sense that it seems like something was playing with me. I held my breath as I quickly turned around to see what it was…

“Yah! Krystal, it’s cold, why did you open the window?!” A guy shouted at the girl with him at the window.

“Yah, Minho! Why are you yelling at me!” the girl shouted back at him. “It’s too hot in here!”

I let out a sigh of relief. I must been thinking too much since it was the funeral. I turned back and made my way to the restroom again. “Sheesh…This is a funeral, why are there people shouting and arguing here. Do they have no shame?” I said mummer to myself as I open the door of the restroom and enter in. It was empty and all I heard was the sound of echoing of my heels clacking onto the floor tiles as I walk. The wall and the floor tiles were all white. The color of the cubicles was of a grey-ish beige color. Across the cubicles were the sinks and a large mirror over it. I set my purse on the counter of the sink and open up my bag and pull out a pink lip gloss and re-tough my lips. Putting back my lip gloss in my bag I turn to one of the cubicles and went in.

I sat down on the toilet after pulling down my underwear and release my bladder. I started singing in a tune of my favorite song. Looking around the cubical I saw carvings and writing all over…

[SANDARA is such a !!!]

[I HATE THAT ! SHE SHOULD JUST DIE!!!]

[halla, my number is 002******* -hyorin]

[ THAT HYUNA!]

[DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!]

[I love HONGKI OPPA <3]

[why don’t you love me kikwang?! WHY?!!!]

[I’LL KILL THAT SULLI!]

So childish…What kind of people writes these stuff in here? Reading over all the graffiti in the stall, Victoria came upon one that stands out. It was written with a red pen, but was written repeated over and over re-tracing. It was a time that says:

[23:43…]

“23:43?” I look took out my phone and look at the time. It was 23:40, two minutes until that time. I then went back and read most of the graffiti before I heard footsteps walking on the other side of my cubical. Where the opening was I can see a pair of red heels shoes walking right pass, back and forth passing my stall. ‘Why is there someone wearing red shoes at a funeral?’ It did that for awhile until it final stop in front of mine. Whoever it was started knocking on my stall door. ‘All the other stalls are empty why is that person knocking on mine?’ I thought to myself.

“I’m sorry, but I’m in here, could you use the empty ones.” There was no answer and the knocking continues on. “What the hell do you want? It’s not like this is the only stall!” I yelled as I was getting annoyed. Still there was no answer and the knocking got louder and louder to the point where it was pounding. The door started shaking like the person on the other side is trying to break the door to get in the stall. My heart sink, I was getting really scared. I could hear my heart beating loudly like the door. I close my eyes and cover my ears.

 “Stop it. Stop it. Please stop it.” I cried out in fear. Then suddenly it stops. I slowly open my eyes and look down to the opening and the pair of red shoes has disappeared.  I let out a sigh of relief as I close my eyes again and pull up my underwear. “It must be my imagination.”

Opening my eyes again, I look at the opening of my stall door. There was really no one there, it was really my imagination. I stared at it for a good few seconds and then let out a little laugh for scaring myself. Maybe because it was a funeral home that it made me think too much. There’s was nothing to be scared of…

“What is so funny?”

All the hair on my body stood up. My body frozen stiff and I couldn’t move my body of all. I really haven’t heard anyone came into the restroom after me. How could there be a voice other then my own?

“Tell me….”

My felt my body started to tremble and my heart my pounding very loudly. The voice was coming from….above….

 I slowly raise my head up to look and saw it.  My eyes got wider from fear as I saw the head there. The long dark hair and the face, the bloody face, it was starring right at me from on top of the door stall. Other than that it was…it was…smiling at me.

“What is so funny?” It said as it started to climb over the door and downward toward me. It started laughing. “I want to know too?”

I can feel my heart was racing of fear, the fast pace of my breathing, and the word’s couldn’t get out of my mouth. I could not scream. I wanted to run, but my feet wouldn’t respond. Tears were pouring out of my eyes as I fear for my life. Its body was half way down the stall was when knew if I don’t do something fast. I might never escape. So I quickly reach out and unlock the door and kick the door open and ran out like my life depended on it. Out to the hallway, I can hear still hear the voice repeating over behind me like it was chasing after me. I run around the corner of the hallway in which would lead back to the main room where everyone was. Across from where I was I saw Khun still chatting with his friend, without stopping, I crash into him and hugged him tight. I knew that everyone was starring at us as I made that huge scene, but I didn’t care. I was too scared.

“Vic? Are you alright?” He said worried tone of voice. I shook my head. “You’re shivering. Are you cold? Did you go outside?” I shook my head again. And before I realize it I was crying out of my mind. Khun seemed confuse but was worried and hug me tightly. I am scared. My whole body was tremble from what I had experience and the look of its face…its smiling bloody face that was looking at me.

“I want to know too….hehehe….”

 


 

 

 NOTES FROM MIIWAAH 

 

Hello, everyone. So how was this? I’m sorry if this wasn’t as scary. I’m a newbie at writing horror stuff. So I’m still getting use to write horror. I’ll try to make the next one better. Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes. Please bear with me...heheheh....

But anyways, this story is base on several eyewitnesses even at the same funeral I’ve been to. I have not experience it myself, but there is a story of a lady with red shoes haunting the women’s restroom. Here are some of them...

Witness #1:

During a funeral one day a little girl went to use the girls restroom by herself she saw someone wearing a pair of red shoes walking back and forth outside her stall. She wonders who it was. Then when she looks up to she saw it climbing down her stall. She got scared and ran out and told the adult. They search the whole building and find no trace of anyone who was wearing red shoes. But, since she was a little girl too and it was a funeral, it was hard to believe and not believe. Because in my culture, it is said that kids who haven’t lose their first baby tooth yet will encounters /sees ghosts and sprits most.

 

Witness #2:

Another witness was a man. He said that when he was using the men’s room, the women’s room was also open too (held open by a trash can). Since both of the restrooms were across from each other, he claims he saw that there was a woman in the restroom wearing red heel shoes. But since he was “kinda drunk” he couldn’t tell if it’s was a human or something supernatural.

 

Witness #3:

A third witness said the when he was in the stall in the men’s room, he saw a pair of red heel shoes enters in the men’s room and turn on the sinks. When he got out of the stall the pair of shoes disappears leaving the water running.

 

So now, there is still funerals being held there, but ever since people heard these stories, anyone who goes in the women’s restroom goes in pairs or group because they fear of what they see. Also, wearing the color red to a funeral is considered as a bad omen to my culture.