Dinner Date

Don't Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dinner Date

            “Shouldn’t we be heading back now?” Henry asked.  “You wouldn’t want to be late for dinner, would you?  Aragawa is a damn fine restaurant.  I’d hate to see you miss out.”

            Ryeowook waved his hand.  “As if he can get reservations last minute.  I bet they’re booked out for weeks at a time.”

            Henry glanced over at him and headed in the direction of Ryeowook’s apartment.  “Still, I’d like to meet this guy.  After everything you’ve told me about him, I’ve been wondering who has you all wrapped around his finger.”

            “Kyuhyun does not have me wrapped around his finger!” Ryeowook declared, indignant.

            This little outburst amused Henry, as it seemed to confirm that he was emotionally hooked on the businessman instead of denying it.  “Didn’t you just tell me you slept with him again last night?”

            “Well, the is good.  I’m not going to deny that,” Ryeowook said, heading through the door of his apartment building.  “But that doesn’t mean that I have feelings for him.”

            Henry started laughing.

            “What?” Ryeowook asked, frowning at him.

            “Hyung, all you’ve done the whole time we’ve been out is talk about him.”

            Ryeowook smacked the youngster—hard—and finished climbing the stairs to his floor.  “You just keep that to yourself.  I’m mad at him at the moment.”

            Ryeowook stopped at the door of the apartment and took a deep breath.  Acting like a jerk to Kyuhyun when he wasn’t face to face with him was easy, but the man was exceptionally sweet when he wanted to be and rather good-looking, which made it hard for Ryeowook to stay mad at him when they were together.  This wasn’t going to be easy to keep up continuously.  He unlocked the door and cautiously stepped inside, glancing around.  Kyuhyun wasn’t immediately in view, so he walked inside and motioned for Henry to follow him in.  They both took off their shoes and headed inside. 

            As Ryeowook entered the apartment, he could hear soft whispering coming from the kitchen and headed that direction.  Inside, he found Kyuhyun dressed up in a grey suit, leaning down and talking to Heechul’s cat, who was standing on the counter, his nose touching Kyuhyun’s.  Kyuhyun stood up straight when Ryeowook and Henry walked into the room and gave him a lopsided smile.

            “I didn’t know you had a cat,” Kyuhyun said, petting the cat.  “It must have been hiding from me until now.”

            “Probably,” Ryeowook said, walking over to them.  “But Heebum is not supposed to be on the counter.”  Ryeowook picked up the cat and set him back on the ground.  When he stood back up again, Kyuhyun grabbed him by the waist and kissed him. 

            “Did you have a fun afternoon?” Kyuhyun asked, wisely releasing him right away.

            “Stop doing that!” Ryeowook said, shoving the businessman away from him.

            Kyuhyun looked across the kitchen at the young man lingering in the doorway and crossed the room to introduce himself.  “Hello, I’m Cho Kyuhyun.”

            “Henry Lau,” Henry said, shaking his hand.

            Kyuhyun glanced over at Ryeowook and he knew that the businessman was hoping for a little more of an explanation as to who he was.  Although he certainly didn’t deserve it.  “Henry is from South Korea as well and we met while taking a music class together here in Tokyo.  We’ve been friends since.  Henry already knows who you are.”

            Kyuhyun grimaced.  “I’m afraid to think what he’s told you,” he admitted to Henry.

            The youngster started laughing at this and leaned against the doorway, crossing his arms over his chest, “I admit that it’s been awfully entertaining to hear about.”

            “You’d better get dressed.  We have dinner reservations for seven o’clock,” Kyuhyun reminded him.

            “We do?” Ryeowook asked in shock.  “Where?”

            “What do you mean, where?  Aragawa!  Isn’t that where you wanted to go?”

            “You actually got reservations there?” Ryeowook asked in disbelief.  “I thought they would be booked out for a stretch.”

            Heebum was already back on the counter and Kyuhyun reached over to pet the cat.  “They make exceptions when businessmen of big companies call and tell them they’re in town for a stretch.  Don’t they, Heebum?” 

            “I’m so envious!” Henry admitted, sighing.  “I hear that they serve the best Kobe beef in the world.  In the world!  I can’t believe you’re really going.”

            Kyuhyun glanced over at the time on the microwave.  “And our ride is going to be here in forty minutes.  So please get dressed, love.”
            Ryeowook scowled at Kyuhyun.  “Quit calling me that.”

            “Sure, Ryeonggu.”

            “I’ll keep your guest entertained while you get dressed, Wook!” Henry offered.

            Ryeowook rolled his eyes and exited the room.  It was clear that Henry liked him already and was probably going to start urging him to forgive the businessman sooner than later.  He headed into his bedroom and dug out the nicer of his two suits.  He wasn’t about to be outdone by Kyuhyun.  He fixed his hair and dressed in his navy blue suit and a black shirt.  Then he spritzed himself with his best cologne and exited the room. 

            By the time he returned to the kitchen, Henry was long gone.  Instead, Kyuhyun was drinking a glass of wine as he leaned back against the counter.  When Ryeowook walked in, he set down the glass and walked over to him.  “You look absolutely stunning tonight!” he said, bringing his head down in an attempt to kiss him.

            Ryeowook turned his head, trying to dodge him, but Kyuhyun still managed to kiss his cheek. 

            “I like your friend.  When I first heard you talking to another guy, I was a little worried that I had competition that I didn’t know about.”

            “Maybe you do, but it isn’t Henry,” Ryeowook said.

            “I wouldn’t be surprised if you do have your own following.  You’re very y!  Just as long as I’m the only one you have feelings for.  I won’t share you with anyone.”

            “I’m not yours,” Ryeowook reminded him.  “I never promised you anything.”

            Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around him and bent his head down, kissing Ryeowook on the lips with far too little resistance.  “I think you are mine already…you just don’t want to admit it.  But I’ll be patient.”

            Why did he have to say things like that?  It made Ryeowook think that he might actually be serious this time.  That he might actually want to stay.  But the idiot didn’t even live in Japan and Ryeowook had no intention of going back to Korea.  Even if he did fall for the businessman, it would never work out between them.  This whole deal was useless.  Why was he even letting Kyuhyun stay at the apartment and entertain such a stupid idea?

            “This is never going to work,” Ryeowook told him in complete seriousness. 

            Kyuhyun cupped his face with his hand and looked him in the eyes.  “Tell me that you feel absolutely nothing for me and I’ll walk away.”

            Ryeowook opened his mouth, ready to send Kyuhyun packing, but the words just wouldn’t come out.   Kyuhyun smiled triumphantly and kissed him again before finally releasing him and grabbing onto his wrist.

            “Come on!  We’re going to be late!” he said, dragging Ryeowook along with him to the door.

            Ryeowook followed with silently and put on his shoes.  It was hopeless to resist anyway.  Plus, he might as well eat dinner with him.  If he’d really managed to get reservations at the restaurant, it would probably be the best dinner he’d ever eat.  It was probably worth suffering dinner with your worst enemy for a chance to eat there.  And the bill would give Kyuhyun a small heart attack once it came.

            Kyuhyun barely released Ryeowook long enough to let him lock the door.  Then Kyuhyun grasped his hand, threading their fingers together, and Ryeowook felt his cheeks warm.  Most of his neighbors knew that he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter