wonwoo + bread & milk

wonwoo + bread & milk

You’d usually get milk and bread from the convenience store near your school every day for breakfast. You’re a regular in the store and people working there knows you. And I don’t think they were the only ones who noticed you.

There’s a boy from your school who always sits outside the convenience store every morning and you have no idea why he’d do that because he doesn’t even get things from there.

Every morning, just before you enter the store, you’d always see him sitting outside. His uniform is always pretty messed up, his top buttons are always ed, tie is always loose, and his bangs are neatly against his forehead while the rest of his hair are always out of place - but that’s what makes him look hot. His name tag is always crooked at the side and the best you could see was “woo”.

This kid is wonwoo, and the reason why he’s always sitting outside the store is because he wants to see you every morning. He saw you twice and was pretty much attracted to you, and he wanted to see you every morning to start his morning right. He isn’t the type to walk up to someone directly so the only way was to observe you quietly and naturally.

Okay maybe not so naturally because every time you pass by him you can feel his gaze following you even when you’re in the store. Every time you tried to look at him, he would look down at his phone, pretending to be looking at it.

One morning, you were running late for school so you couldn’t get your breakfast. You ran past the store without noticing wonwoo sitting there, as usual.

That morning, wonwoo waited for you and before you came, he kept checking his watch because school was starting but you weren’t here yet. He was wondering if you would come to school today and just when he was about to walk away, he saw you running past him. He watched as you ran into the school, and continued to stare blankly at your disappearing back.

He stood there for a while before snapping back to reality.

The next morning, you got up early so you could get your breakfast without being late. As you were walking to the store, you saw the familiar figure sitting outside again. You walked closer and saw bread and milk on the table. You were surprised that he actually got something, like after such a long time, he finally decided to eat something?

You took a glance at him and shrugged the idea off before walking into the store. However, just when you were about to open the door, someone tugged your sleeve.

You turned around and saw wonwoo. It was the first time you’ve seen this boy up close. And heck, he’s so tall and his features are so nice up close. You felt your heart flutter as he looked straight into your eyes. It was pretty awkward because he didn’t say anything, and neither did you.

It took you a long time to calm yourself down before opening your mouth.

“Yes?”

The moment wonwoo opened his mouth, his deep voice echoed through your ears and sent your mind whirling in a tight knot.

“Um, this.” he said and pointed to the milk and bread on the table.

You looked at the table and then back at him. You waited for him to say something.

“I bought it for you.”

“Me?” You asked as your eyes widened.

You swore you thought you were hallucinating. How can a hot guy buy you bread and milk? You thought you were going insane.

But it’s true, he did.

You walked over to the table and took a good look at it.

“How did you know I always buy this?” you questioned him.

“Well, I’m sure you’ve seen me here every morning. And… I’ve also seen you… buying these. But you weren’t here yesterday, and I saw you ran past me, so I thought maybe I should buy it for you today, just in case you’d be late again.”

You thought your ears were playing tricks on you but they weren’t. You couldn’t help but smile.

“Thanks, but can I ask you a question?”

He nodded really cutely.

“Why are you always sitting out here every morning?”

Wonwoo’s face started to blush and he kept avoiding your gaze, while you just stood there waiting to hear his deep yet soothing voice again.

“I, uh, I have been waiting for you.” he managed to utter these words.

“Wait for me?”

“Y-yeah.”

“So you just want to see me every morning?” you laughed a little.

He scratched the back of his head and bit his bottom lip before nodding his head.

It suddenly became warm and you felt as if your face was burning. Wonwoo caught you staring at his name tag and he realised half of it was covered so he adjusted it.

“I’m wonwoo.” he said and looked at you.

“Finally.” you said and smiled.

“Hmm?” he asked.

“I’ve always seen your name tag but all I could see was ‘woo’.”

“Does that mean you were noticing me as well?” wonwoo teased.

You were taken aback by his sudden statement but you tried to play it cool.

“Maybe.” you shrugged, let out a smile, and took the bread and milk before walking off.

“Wait!” wonwoo shouted and grabbed his bag before chasing after you.

“So, we’re gonna do this every morning?” he asked while hovering his bag over his shoulder with one arm and his attention all on you.