June 1994

Silver Blood (Unfortunately Discontinued; Thank You For Staying ♡)

June 1994

 

“What’s wrong, Seung Hyeon? Everything’s alright?” Chang Min asked as soon as he stepped into the crown prince’s chamber.

The tall male had rushed all the way from the main hall when he received a call from his best friend. His scarlet robe was flying mightily behind him as he ascended through flights of stairs.

Seung Hyeon, however, remained by the window. Silent as he stood amazed by the beautiful morning sky.

“I need a favour from you. A huge one.” He said calmly. A soft smile was plastered on his handsome face.

Chang Min looked at the crown prince in worry before slipping himself into the room, shutting the door for confidentiality purposes.

“You’re an hour away from your coronation, dude. Don’t you dare do anything foolish.” The darker male warned playfully.

“Well, it depends on your definition of foolish.” Seung Hyeon shrugged, smiling.

A moment of silence passed. No one spoke. Chang Min were now standing next to his best friend and their eyes were on the window as if signifying that they were on the same page.

“You have to promise me one thing, Chang Min.” Seung Hyeon broke the peace, finally turning to face his best friend.

Whatever it was that Seung Hyeon wanted from him, Chang Min could not do anything much, but if Seung Hyeon needed help, then help Chang Min would give.

 

 

There stood a cozy house by the city. It was nothing grand, but it was enough to shelter an independent girl. Her house was surrounded by white fences and her yard was filled with different kinds of flowers. The colourful petals, however, didn’t warn their owner of the incoming danger.

“Oh, Mi Yeong. Where are you?” A young man cooed sweetly as he took a careful step down the hall.

The house was dark. Funny how it was all sunshine and warm everywhere else, yet the girl could only feel coldness inside her own house.

At the end of the room was a fair young lady. Jet black hair cascaded down her back, framing her beautiful face perfectly. She tried her best not to make any noise, but her rapid heartbeat alone could wake the lions.

She was scared, and the only thing protecting her from the evil young man was an old couch from her late grandparents. Any moment, he could just yank her fortress and claim her life, but then she heard a blast. A loud one. Somebody else had entered the house.

She could feel it. Her power was dancing painfully at the tips of her fingers.

And then somebody grabbed her shoulder. Her heart almost leaped out of her chest. She was going to die, or so she thought.

“Mi Yeong!” A familiar deep voice called her name, and she never felt more grateful at the sound of her own name.

“Seung Hyeon!” She threw herself into his arms, sobbing.

“Oh, gods, Seung Hyeon! He was here. He was right here and I was right there. He was so close!” The girl explained frantically.

Her whole body was trembling out of fear, out of relief. Hey boyfriend was now with her.

“I’m here, Mi Yeong. I’m here.” He said calmly, rubbing her back reassuringly.

Seung Hyeon kissed her tears away, bringing the poor girl closer to his heart. They had each other in their arms now. That was all that mattered.

He loved her, and now she was safe, and it was worth everything.

“I love you, Mi Yeong.” Seung Hyeon said, kissing the crown of her head. A hint of sadness was evident in his voice.

As Mi Yeong broke away from the hug, she could feel her nightgown sticking uncomfortably to her skin. When she looked down at herself, she saw she was covered in silver blood. That was weird. She was not bleeding in any part of her. The intruder didn’t manage to touch her in any way, so whose blood could it possibly be?

And then it hit her.

She looked up only to find Seung Hyeon already slipping in and out of consciousness.

“Seung Hyeon! You’re bleeding! We have to get you to hospital. Seung Hyeon! Seung Hyeon!” She yelled his name as if her life depended on it.

Seung Hyeon felt it himself that he could not hold on any longer.

“I need you to go as far away from here as possible. He’s not dead yet. He will return. I can only do this much for you, Mi Yeong. I’m sorry.” He struggled through his words, holding her hands to keep him grounded.

“Please take care of my child. Tell her about me.” He smiled warmly in between his pain, rubbing the girl’s abdomen in pure affection.

“And take this. It’s my mother’s necklace. It protected her when she had me in her womb so I hope it’ll protect you, too.”

By now, Seung Hyeon already had a hard time breathing. His eyes were closed most of the time. He could only feel pain, but the faint hope that the two most precious beings in his life were safe brought warmth to his heart.

Mi Yeong cried silently as she watched the love of her life struggled for his life in her arms.

“I love you, Mi Yeong. I love you so much.” Seung Hyeon breathed out his last words as his world went dark.