Twelve

Pretending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Tiffany's POV]

Arrghh, my head is killing me.. where am i? What time is it? I shouldn't drink that much. Well, regret always comes later they said.

I look around and soon realized that i'm in my room, still wearing the clothes i wore yesterday.

Suddenly i feel like i'm going to throw up so i run toward the bathroom as fast as i can before i'm puking in my room. That will be so disgusting. Eww~

Luckily i managed to get inside the bathroom just in time.

"Fany, you're alright?" There my bestfriend worrying about me. I think she either saw me running inside the bathroom or hearing my not so beautiful puking sound.

"I'm.. fine." I weakly stated.

"Open the door. Let me in. I'll help you." No way, i won't let you to see me like this. And besides, it's stink in here. I even almost can't bear my own mess.

"Wait a sec, Tae." I rinsed my mouth one more time and splashed some water to my face before i open the door, not for her to come inside but for me to get out.

"I'm fine." I told her once again and make my way back toward my room.

"You're not fine. You look like a zombie." i know that already.

"I drank too much last night." I softly muttered.

"I know." She said lowly but i still can heard it.

"What?"

"Ah, nothing nothing." She nervously smiled. it's obviously something, Kim Taeyeon. Wait, she said she knew. She knew about what? About me being a drunkard yesterday? How did she know?

"I'll go back to my room and have some rest." I told her, indirectly asking her to leave me alone. Ever since she starts dating Dean, i always feel a stab in my heart everytime i see her. And maybe also because i'm not feeling well now, i tried to get away from her.

"O-oh.. okay. Just tell me if you need anything." She patted my arm and then leave.

"I just need you to keep a distance with me, Taeyeon-ah. Because even just by seeing your face, my heart hurts." I weakly whispered to no one in particular once she's vanished from my sight.

It's harder than i thought.

Unrequited love, one sided loved, they are .

*****

 

Fortunately today we have no schedule besides dance practice for our upcoming comeback. But since i looked kind of pale and lifeless today, manager oppa kindly told me to just have some rest in our dorm and can join our dance practice again tomorrow.

I almost fell asleep when suddenly a certain image come to my mind.

I saw Taeyeon, she's laying beside me. And we talked about..i don't know what. I can't recall. But that memory is enough to proved that Taeyeon was with me last night. She was there, talking with me. , i hope i didn't blurted out stupid things. Things like my stupid feeling for her.

But something seems fishy here. This morning when i met her, she looked a bit awkward. And why she didn't say anything about her visiting me in my room last night? Why she acted like nothing happened? No no no. Please don't tell me she was acting like that because i did something stupid to her when i was drunk yesterday? But i really can't remember anything from last night no matter how hard i try to recall it.

I need to know. I have to know.

With that thought in mind, i grab my phone and quickly dial her number.

After few rings..

"Tae.."

"Oh, Fany. Are you alright?"

"Hm. I want to ask you something."

"Oh sure. What is it?"

"Did you come to my room last night?"

"I-i.."

"I seemed can't remember anything from last night. But i think i saw you in my dream. Was that really a dream or you did come to my room?" I half lied. I know for sure that's not a dream. She really came last night. But i want to know what would she say.

"Ah, no. I didn't come to your room. I got home a bit late. After i took my bath, i crashed on my bed and slept like a corpse." Since when you become this good in lying, Taeyeon-ah?

"Oh. I see. That must be my dream then."

"Y-yeah."

"Okay then. I'll try to get some more sleep now. See you later."

"Okay. Get well soon, Fany-ah. I-i love you." And since when you can't even smoothly say those 3 words to me?

"Hm. Bye." I can't bring myself to say back those words to her, not because i don't love her, but because i'm hurting so bad right now. Hearing her stuttered when she said she loves me, it makes me think that she perhaps didn't sure anymore whether she loves me or not. 

And it's not hard to put the two and two together to complete this 'puzzle'. She acted like this because i have done something really stupid that might endanger our friendship. I think.. i either kissed her on the lips or confessed to her that night. One of the two must be the right answer. And no matter which one is the real stupid thing i did to her, either way, i lose her. As a friend. She will start to treat me differently from now on. Taeyeon and Tiffany, TaeNy, is over now.

*****

 

 *knock knock*

 

"Come in."

"Annyeonghaseyo Daepyonim (Mr. CEO)." I bowed at him.

"Oh, Stephanie. How are you?" Lee Sooman warmly greeted me. He's always a warm person. One of the reason why i respect him so much.

"I'm fine, Daepyonim. Thank you for asking. I hope you're doing fine too." I politely said.

"I am, i am." Lee Sooman said as he let out a fatherly laugh.

"Daepyonim, i'm sorry for disturbing you. But i have a favor to ask.."

*****

 

"As expected from Queen Generation. All kill in 7 Korean music charts in less than an hour after the song released." Our manager oppa praised us with a proud smile on his face before he speaks again,

"Your activity will start tomorrow and we will do the promotion for 3 months. Be ready for it." Yeah, just three more months, Steph. You can survive this.

"Tiffany unnie, you're okay?" Bomi concernly asked me. Maybe she saw how gloomy i looked lately.

"I'm fine, Bbom-ah." I smiled at her reassuringly. I'm not really fine, Bomi-ah. But that's okay.. i will be fine. Eventually.

*****

 

[Taeyeon's POV]

(3 months later..)

"What will you guys do for the next two weeks? We should spend our breaktime wisely because we rarely have it." I jokingly said to my member when we're watching TV together in our living room.

"I will go home. That's for sure. I missed my parents and my siblings." SinB said.

"I will do the same. I will go home and enslave my brother. He's on his breaktime too from military."

"Your brother must be so manly and cool and charimatic when he's in military but when he's at home, he will become your slave again. Poor him." SinB laughed.

"I will go home too." Minah and Bomi said in unison, causing us to laugh at them. Sometimes they acted like a twin kids which is cute.

"How about you, Fany-ah?" I asked the quiet girl who's currently busy with her phone.

Ah, talk about Tiffany, i missed her so much lately. I'm so pathetic because i'm missing her when she's sitting right across me right now. Or sometimes beside me. She's always around but i'm still missing her. I think she tried to avoid me in these past months. And i think i know why she did that... She remembered. She remembered what she told me that night when she's drunk. And this is what i fear the most... The end of our friendship.

I was surprised.. no, i was shocked, when i heard her confession. But the feeling that overwhelmed me the most is guilt. I have hurt my best friend's feeling. I broke her heart and even better, pouring salt on her still open wound. I told her how much i like Dean. I told her how our date always ended sweetly. How good Dean treated me. How a gentleman he is. All of these things must have hurt her so badly. She cried almost every night because of me.

Why you love a jerk like me, Fany-ah? You deserved someone better than me. What's so good in me anyway? Gosh, how i wish you can just hate me instead. Because at least by hating me, you won't get hurt anymore. Your pain will stop. But i will still in your mind. In that way, you will still remember me. Told ya i'm a jerk. I can't reciprocate your feeling but i still want you to remember me. I'm selfish right? I know.

"I still don't know." Tiffany answered without looking at me.

"I will go back to Jeonju and help my parents in our shop i think." I told them but my eyes look at no one but her.

I missed you, Fany-ah. I missed the time we spent together, just the two of us, bickering, arguing, fighting, and loving each other with no worries, without the need to think so hard about what is the right thing to do and what is not.

*****

 

"Bye, kids! Enjoy your holiday!" I shouted as i waved at my member. Bomi, Hani, Minah and SinB, today the four of them will go back to their home and manager oppa will be the one who's in charge to send them home safely since their parents can't pick them up in our dorm today. While me, i have my brother who will pick me up later from Jeonju. I purposely asked him to pick me up in the afternoon because i want to send away my member first. Maybe because of the leader position i hold, i always feel the need to take care of them first before my ownself.

Now it's only Tiffany who's still in our dorm. She hasn't told me  yet about her plan for this 2 weeks of our breaktime.

"Fany.." i called out once i stepped into he room. I thought she's still sleeping, but no, she's already awake, look all fresh because she just took a shower.

"Yes?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter