Part 3

I Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite the musical genius praise which had been permanently tattooed on her forehead for the past four years, in that exact moment, she felt like she was the dumbest person on earth.

Being a pianist from a very young age, Son Seungwan had been taught to let her hands do the talking. To let herself lose in the dance she did not know her fingers ever learned. And to let the melodies produce themselves.

Or as a realist would describe it, "Seungwan has hands that think before her brain does," which then could be simplified to, "Son Seungwan is a brainless pianist. She is stupid."

And it was proven right all over again as she stared at what she just typed down on her phone.

"The kids borrowed my phone and typed that. They were pulling a prank on you."

That was not what she meant to say. No, that – but, really, it was not her who wrote that message back then. Because you're also a coward who chose to play along with your friends' joke instead of to admit it, her brain added in a dry tone.

Seungwan told it to shut up.

Yet she did not fight back when her brain told her to find a wall, preferably the nearest one, and to slam her head against it. The brain was never wrong; Seungwan was indeed a coward, and she should, the sooner the better, slam her head against a wall to get the stupidity inside demolished.

.

It did not take long for Seungwan to figure out that Bae Joohyun was moving out of the country. "She's moving to the States. From what I heard, she's continuing her study in this criminal justice major there. Something about her wanting to be a police detective," was what Seulgi told her when Seungwan confronted her about it.

Seulgi might look lost sometimes, but most of the times she was the one reliable source to everything that happened in town Seungwan could always count on.

There were even the date and time for Joohyun's flight which Seulgi provided. So there Seungwan was, breathing hard from running around the airport like a madwoman.

If there was one thing Seungwan was grateful about in her life, it would be the seemingly endless coverage of her father's power in Seoul – probably across South Korea as well. One by one, the guarded doors at the airport were opened for her with a casual swing of her father's bodyguard's ID card in front of the securities.

Breathless like she never was in her life, Seungwan made it to the international flight area. And there she saw her, Bae Joohyun, making her way past the sliding door after having her boarding pass checked by a tall security.

And for a fleeting moment, Seungwan wondered where those trashy dramas on TV got its plot from, because unlike the main characters who kept on missing each other, there Seungwan was, running with all her might, Bae Joohyun only a few feet away from her reach.

This is not impossible.

She could stop Joohyun.

She could make Joohyun stay.

Or so she thought until a sturdy arm blocked her, almost successfully making Seungwan fall face-first on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter