Chapter 3

I Just Wanna

Krystal was pretty content about what she saw in front of her. She smirked as the brunette in front of her frowned and reached up to take off the bow.

"Uh uh. Stay still. You brought this on yourself. Smile." She aimed her phone’s camera at the brunette's handsome scowling face and he forced a smile. As soon as a click was heard, the brunette ripped off the dreaded accessory and crumbled it in his hand.

"All I said was that you were my type, not that I wanted to date you." Kai complained. Krystal looked at the picture on her phone and pursed her lips.

"How am I your type, yet you don't want to date me? Not everyone has the same strange thought process as you, Jongin." She stated as she pressed some buttons on her phone.

Kai rolled his eyes and sat down on the sofa in front of a rack of clothes. He threw the silly ribbon behind him without looking, and focused on the long haired beauty in front of him. He smirked as she stuck out her tongue and took a picture.

"So are you actually going to shop or look at your phone? I have a busy schedule." Kai jokingly complained. Krystal placed her phone in her back pocket and turned around, looking for a new outfit to buy.

"Busy schedule my . When I came to get you, you were on YouTube."

"That was my free time. And I'm busy relaxing on my free time." Kai defended, laughing slightly. Krystal nodded. "Right." She muttered.

"Why do you need a new outfit anyway? Your closet's about the same size as a small apartment and it's pack full." The short haired brunette complained as Krystal took out two dresses from the rack.

"I'm going to Minho's company next week; I need to look good of course." Krystal defended. Kai raised an eyebrow.

"Do you like him?" He asked. A hanger flew towards his face, but he moved his head at the last second.

"I met him once, you idiot." Krystal steamed. "And that was just a brief bow when I was walking up to get my award. I just really like his music and the messages he gives out. And his voice is angelic. Not to mention, he's really attractive, he can dance, he can-"

"You do like him." Kai interrupted. "How cute; baby Krystal is growing up."

The two dresses Krystal held were suddenly thrown towards Kai's face.

"I swear!" Krystal fumed. Kai laughter followed quickly, and to avoid his close death, he ran from the sofa. "One day-"

"Is everything alright?" A store clerk asked, interrupting the two.

"Yes, Ms. Park." Krystal answered. Kai stood still next to Krystal, but couldn't help to snicker at Krystal's calm act. Krystal’s hand secretly found the brunette’s elbow and pinched him powerfully. Krystal smiled widely as Kai yelped and yanked his arm away.

“Mrs. Park, do you have any recommendations for an outfit?” She asked, drawing away attention from Kai. After suspecting glances to both brunettes, the store clerk gently ordered Krystal to follow her as she moved towards a different rack of clothes. Kai rolled his eyes as he rubbed his sore arm.

“You two have fun; I’m done with shopping for today.” Kai said in such a way would make Krystal feel slightly sorry for him. Sure enough, Krystal looked at him, about to give him and apologetic look. When she looked, however, he made his hands into a ‘V’ and placed his chin to the base, lifting his legs on the back, taking a typical “girl-in-love” pose ; Krystal stuck her tongue out and gathered her fingers on her right hand, leaving the index and thumb to stick out and create an ‘L’.

“Bye loser. Have a great life.” She said. Kai didn’t miss a beat.

“Bye, little lover. If I see Minho, I’ll be sure to tell him of our discussion.”

Somehow, Krystal threw two hangers towards Jongin without Ms. Parks noticing. He dodged them, thankfully avoiding the dangerous weapon. He left the store before he could get hit again.

“Idiot.” Krystal muttered under her breath. The manager looked over the Krystal, frowning.

“Sorry, did you say something?” She asked. Krystal smiled innocently and shook her head. She walked towards the manager and began looking through some outfits the manager picked

 

***

 

As Aj walked towards his bike, his phone buzzed in his pocket and he picked it up, frowning. He wasn’t expecting a call.

“Hello?” He asked, not bothering to check the caller ID. He sat on his bike and listened for the voice on the other line.

“Your dad’s in town.” A familiar voice said. Key. Even though he was in a band, he had managed to score a part time job as a receptionist. Although, Aj’s father was a very busy man, Key almost always called and informed Aj about his father’s meetings and such. At the sentence given out by Key, Aj dropped his keys.

“Is…is he here? In the area right now?” Aj asked, bending down to pick up his keys.

“Yes. He is and he wants to see you. There should be a car which will come and pick you up in a few minutes.” Key replied. Aj’s eyes caught sight of a medium sized black Kia. His heartbeat began to beat faster.

“Or seconds.” He said into the phone.

“Oh they’re there aren’t they?” Key asked. Aj stayed silent as he watched the car slowly drive towards him, stopping in front of him. A man in a black suit stepped out and opened his hand. Aj cleared his throat and handed the guy the keys to his bike before climbing off.

“Hope I see you tomorrow, Aj.” Key said, hanging up. Aj slid his phone into his right pocket before entering the backseat of the car itself. He watched as the guy who had gotten out of the car climbed onto his bike, and drove away. Aj assumed he was going to his house just to drop the bike there. He leaned back in the seat and sighed as he looked outside at the heavy grey clouds.