Chapter 1

I Just Wanna

A light colored hand slammed onto a bedside table for the third time. The hand found its target, yet again, and pressed the button to snooze the dreaded machine. A low groan erupted from the owner of the hand when the apartment doorbell rang again. The hand retreated back into the darkness of a pile of blankets, where the rest of the body was.

“Aj! I know you’re in there! Now you’re really late, you idiot!” a voice called from the front door of the apartment. A few seconds of silence caused the figure in bed, Aj, to quickly fall back asleep, ignoring the urgency of the voice. Outside of the apartment, a frustrated grunt could be heard from a black haired diva as he bent down quickly and searched for an outstretched brick.

After a few frustrating seconds of looking, the brick was spotted and pulled out of its normal place. Behind the brick was a key in which the black haired diva used to unlock the door and, after replacing where the key and brick were, he rushed into Aj’s apartment to rip the warm and soft blankets off of the blonde.

“Ah! Dammit Key…” a low voice erupted from the drowsy blonde.

“Put on a shirt, brush your teeth, and get your music stuff. You’re late.” The diva erupted. He rushed to the draped windows and threw open the blinds, letting piercing light into the sluggish blonde’s brown eyes.

“Aish…” he grumbled, slowly, but surely, moving his legs over the bed.

“I’ve been slamming at your door for…” Key checked his watch. “A solid four minutes and thirty eight seconds.” Aj lazily rolled his eyes as he sat up.

“Please don’t tell me you woke me up so I’m not ‘a solid four minutes and whatever seconds’ late for work.” He grumbled. He yawned widely and stretched his arms and torso. Key waited patiently, ready to see the blonde’s reaction.

“No. I went to work first and it wasn’t until Mr. Lee wanted a meeting that I noticed you were gone.”

This got the blonde’s attention. His eyes suddenly became alert.

“What time was the meeting, Key?” he asked, furrowing his brows.

“Twelve thirty.”

“Key!” Aj burst into action, jumping onto his drawers and pulling whatever piece of matching clothing he could find and, in the process, dumping clothes on the floor.

Key held out a bag he had been holding which Aj failed to notice.

“Sulli had to stay at work, since she’s Mr. Lee’s secretary, but she gave me clothes for you to wear.” The diva said. Aj grabbed the bag immediately.

“Why do I have to wear them? Are they some kind of uniform or something?” Aj asked. Key shook his head.

“She got them just so you can hurry up and not throw your clothes everywhere in search of clean ones.” The black haired male stated in an as-a-matter-of-fact way. “Similar to what you’re doing now.”

Aj shook his head, but smiled despite himself.

“She’s such a life saver. I don’t know what I’d do without her.” He said, pulling up some long khaki pants.

“And I’m not?” Key stated, staring at the blonde as he buttoned his baby blue button-up shirt. Aj glanced up and smiled.

“Of course you are bro.” he stopped buttoning his shirt and ran to the drawers to pick up his glasses and his backpack.

“Stop.” Key said as he furrowed his eyebrows. He stepped closer to the blonde and ed his shirt.

“Put on a white shirt under this then leave it ed. Pull up your sleeves too.” He commanded. “I’m not walking out of here with you looking like that.”

Aj smiled and complied. Key walked to the door and opened it.

“Shoes! Light blue or black converse?” Aj called.

“Black. I’ll be in my car downstairs. I’m giving you ten minutes before I drive away.” Key called back. He exited the apartment and left the blonde smiling as he headed to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

 

***

 

”Since it seems like Aj’s not going to show up, let’s get this meeting started.”

“Sir, Key just texted me saying that they’re leaving in ten minutes.” Min stated. The older man rolled his eyes.

“It’s twelve forty-eight. I’m not letting anyone else wait for him.” He retorted. Min still did not give up.

“But Mr. Lee, the after-party yesterday lasted till morning and we, as a company, were the one of the last people to leave. You should really give everyone, especially Aj, a bit of a break.”

Silence filled the air once what was said had been said. Min and her boss glared at each other eye to eye, either one not seeming to budge.

Minho spoke to ease the situation.

“Mr. Lee, I think Min is right. Everyone at the office is either dead eyed or yawning. Aj just had the bad luck of waking up late. He can be a heavy sleeper if he’s tired.” He stated in a careful voice. Mr. Lee broke his intense staring contest and looked at Minho. After about a few seconds he shook his head as if to clear his thoughts and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

“Sorry everyone; this is what happens when I don’t have my coffee early in the morning. Please forgive me.” He bowed in front of everyone. Not everyone was surprised at Mr. Lee’s lenient action, as he was a generally nice guy, but they kindly bowed back to him still in their seats.

Mr. Lee smiled. He looked at his assistant, Sulli, standing next to him.

“Sulli, can you please go to my office and brew me some coffee?” He asked. Sulli nodded.

“A latte, a cappuccino, or a just regular plain coffee?” She asked him. He furrowed his brows.

“A cappuccino.”

“Flavor?”

“Vanilla. No; French vanilla.”

Sulli nodded and walked out of the meeting room.

“So, we’ll wait for Aj to arrive then, right?” Mr. Lee asked.

A general agreement came from everyone. Mr. Lee nodded, understanding. One of the employees, Lee Hyun Woo, raised his hand.

“Yes, Hyun Woo-shi?” Mr. Lee asked.

“I got a notification that Krystal Jung is going to be on Good Morning Korea. It will be broadcast in a couple minutes. Can we watch it?” He asked.

“Of course, of course.” Mr. Lee agreed. Hyun Woo stood up and walked towards the large flat screen and began channel surfing.

“Ms. Jung is actually what caused this meeting. Something exciting is happening and so, hopefully we will all work hard and have fun.”

“Found it!” Hyun Woo called out. He rushed back to his seat, smiling widely.

Mr. Lee ducked so the others could see the screen and walked to one of two open chairs on the wall closest to the TV.

“Hello, this is Lee Jong Suk.” A handsome man announced.

“And this is Park Shin Hye.” The gorgeous woman next to him said.

“And we want to say, ‘Good morning Korea’!” They both said, stating the last end in English. They both bowed and smiled.

“Aigoo, Lee Jong Suk is so handsome!” Someone called out from the back of the room.

“I want to date Shin Hye noona.” Another voice called out.

“Today, we have a special guest. A beautiful woman who is talented in many ways. We can even call her, the princess of Korea.” Park Shin Hye stated.

“But, you’re not the guest today.” Lee Jong Suk said, smiling at the beauty next to him.

A series of ‘omo’s and ‘aigoo’s as well as a couple ‘yuck’s came from the audience.

“Very funny, Jong Suk. But today we’re talking to the one and only Krystal Jung!”  Shin Hye laughed. An automated audience clapped as the beauty herself walked into the room. She sat down on a small couch in front of the pair.

“Good morning Krystal-shi. How are you today?” Jong Suk asked. Krystal smiled at both of them.

“I’m doing well, how are you two?” She replied.

“We’re good Krystal-shi. Thank you for asking.” Shin Hye stated smiling.

“So, Krystal-shi. We heard about a celebration yesterday. Do you mind going into detail about that?” Jong Suk asked.

“Well, because yesterday, as you both know it, was the Llama award ceremony. I, as well as a couple of friends, won several awards and the Llama trophy itself.” Krystal stated. An automated applause was heard. Krystal smiled.

“Congratulations, Krystal-shi! Oh, and by the way, you looked stunning last night.” Shin Hye said cheerfully. Krystal smiled brighter.

“So did you! I loved the black dress you wore.” She said.

“I can totally see them together…” someone said in the meeting room. A series of hushes followed. Sulli entered the room with a steaming cup of a French vanilla cappuccino and handed it to Mr. Lee who nodded in appreciation. The brunette sat down next to him and watched the screen.

“Anyway, after that was the after-party. I couldn’t stay for long, but I heard it just ended just a couple hours ago.” The brunette on the screen continued.

“Yes, I stayed there and only got home around three am. It was a fun party, but I lost some beauty sleep.” Jong Suk complained with a light laugh.

“What are you talking about? You still look like a princess.” Shin Hye responded. Krystal giggled and Jong Suk laughed it off.

“Speaking of princess, Kai mentioned his ideal type. ‘A cute girl who can be y at times’. We asked him last week and he agreed on a certain princess being close to his ideal type.” Jong Suk said seriously. “What do you think about that, Krystal-shi?”

“Ah, Kai is a close friend of mine, but he’s not my type.” Krystal said with a light laugh.

“Aw, if he watched this, his heart will be broken.” Jong Suk replied.

“So what’s your ideal type, Krystal-shi?” Shin Hye asked. Krystal laughed, slightly embarrassed.

“Me.” Someone joked in the room. A quick smack was heard followed by an ‘ow’ and ‘I was kidding’.

“Well, it has to be someone who loves music as much as I do. That’s a must.” Krystal said. The pair nodded seriously.

“Someone a bit taller than me maybe? And someone who can make me smile and laugh.”

“You’re too shy to say someone who’s handsome too, right?” Shin Hye asked. Krystal smiled and glanced at the floor.

“I don’t want to seem like a dense person.” She admitted.

“Aigoo, it seems like you’re describing me.” Jong Suk joked. Shin Hye and Krystal laughed.

“You were out as soon as she said someone who’s handsome.” Shin Hye stated.

“Wow, Shin Hye-shi is on a roll today.” Jong Suk responded.

The door to the meeting room suddenly opened and in stepped a well dressed Aj with a judging looked Key.

“Sorry I’m late Mr. Lee. I don’t know how I slept through my alarm.” Aj said, bowing lowly.

Mr. Lee smiled and waved his hand for Aj to stand up straight.

“It’s alright, Aj. I realized I was too hard on everyone. Besides, yesterday was a big day and the party was long. I should be more lenient next time.” Mr. Lee replied. “Anyway, sit down. We’re having a meeting about a big event that will be happening.”

Aj did as he was told and sat next to Min who smiled at him.

“You owe me big time. I risked my life for you.” She whispered. Aj smiled.

“Really?” he asked, setting his satchel next to his foot.

“Yes.” Min whispered, wide eyed. “I swear, Mr. Lee and I had a staring contest and I could hear my heart beating as if it was next to my ears. I was so scared.”

Aj chuckled and patted Min’s back. He responded with a ‘thank you’ which was followed by a hush from the other side of the table. Aj and Min grinned at each other and looked at the screen.

“So, Krystal-shi, back to last night’s awards. You got a Llama award yesterday because of your recent hit songs, yes?” Shin Hye asked after a light laugh.

“Yes.” Krystal replied, nodding.

“And we also heard that you’re going to be in the upcoming annual Valentines festival. Is that true too?” Jong Suk asked.

Krystal nodded again.

“So, is there anything your fans would like to hear about this?” Shin Hye asked.

“Yes there is actually. Because of Choi Minho’s rising popularity and his outstanding voice, it’s been decided that he and I will collaborate and perform a duet on the Valentines concert.” Krystal responded.

“No way!” Minho exclaimed. His eyes were wide in shock, but his mouth held a wide grin. Mr. Lee smiled and only placed his index finger on his lips.

“Well, I bet fans are going to be extremely excited about it.” Jong Suk stated with a smile. He faced the camera. “Please stay tuned after this commercial. When we come back, we’ll see a talented seal that can juggle colored balls, while balancing on a tight rope.”

Mr. Lee turned off the monitor and motioned for someone to turn on the lights.

“I wanted to see the seal though…” Min muttered. Aj tried hard not to laugh and ended up with a snort.

“As you all saw, Krystal Jung will be collaborating with us for the Valentines festival concert. She will be here in a few days so when she gets here, we should already be hard at work.”  Mr. Lee stated. He walked next to the monitor and pointed to the large calendar for everyone to see.

“Starting from tomorrow, we will have exactly two months until the concert. Now before you become overwhelmed, I will gladly inform you that most of the work has already been done by SM.” He informed his employees.

“My stylist team; you guys, and gals, will be in charge of finding an appropriate theme and finding clothes to fit that theme. If you have to, you can make your own outfits.” Mr. Lee commanded. A fashionable group in the back, including Key, nodded and exited the room.

“My tech team; you all will be in charge of the concert as it goes on. For example, making sure the microphones work, choosing the scenery and displaying it on the large screen, which type of special effects there will be, et cetera. Please refer to the stylists for the main theme.” A group on one side of the table, including Min, nodded and left the room. Min gave a last high five to Aj before following her friends.

“My artsy team; you will be in charge of the music. Aj, as always you will write and sing the song. We’ll need an audio version just in case something wrong happens during the live concert. Daehoon, Soohyun, and Minchun; you guys are in charge of altering the music that Aj writes and sings, as always.  IU, please train Minho three times as hard so that he can imitate Aj. It’s going to be live so, Minho must be able to sound like Aj by then. If he sings like he sings now, this whole thing can fall apart; no pressure of course.”

Soohyun raised his hand.

“What about Taeyeon-shi? She still hasn’t sung her single. It would be a problem if both Taeyeon-shi and Minho had to use the recording room on the same day.” He said. Mr. Lee nodded.

“She called before the meeting and told me of her busy schedule. She will be able to come and do what she needs to do next week; so until she does come and sing, your job with her is on pause until her song is finished and published. Until then, you’re working with Aj.” Soohyun nodded and the last group began to stand up.

“Oh, Aj. Do you have any ideas for the Valentines concert? I noticed you had your ‘thinking face’ on.” Mr. Lee asked. Aj nodded.

“I was just thinking that we can have it to be soft and sweet. Meaning no hard core dubstep or even the slightest electronic sound. We could do it really simply by a guitar or piano or both.” The blonde informed them.

“Ah, a sweet love song with only strings and vocals. Aj, you’re a genius.” Minho laughed, patting the blonde on the back.

“This is why I like Aj so much.” Mr. Lee chuckled. “IU, how good is Minho at the guitar?” the brunette bit her lip and frowned.

“He still needs a lot of work.” She admitted.

“You can do it, IU.” Aj smiled. IU returned the smile and the group finally left.

“Aj, you’re totally going to rock this concert. I can feel it.” Minchun said. He patted the blonde’s back.

“I believe so too. Make sure you drink plenty of water so you can sing well.” Soohyun said. Aj smiled and nodded. Soohyun turned to his two partners. “Daehoon, Minchun, the new equipment I ordered arrived early this morning. Let’s leave Aj alone and go and set them up.”

Aj watched the group head over to the front of the building where the equipment was before walking into his office.