Roles

Roles

"Are you sure about this? This princess has a very dangerous dragon protecting her," Wonshik, a squire, asks, handing up a longsword. The knight nods, adjusting his horse's bridle.

"Of course. I've been told her eyes are the most beautiful shade of purple. It would be beautiful for my line. Think of the children. Dimples and purple eyes. I think that'd be beautiful," the knight replies, smiling happily to reveal his dimples.

"You're such a romantic Hongbin," Wonshik speaks, rolling his eyes.

"Do you think she'd like that?" Hongbin asks, adjusting his back. Wonshik shrugs, tying a bag to the horse's side.

"You'll just have to see," he replies, stepping back. He bows down. "I wish you safety on your travels and pray for a princess on your return."

"Thank you," Hongbin speaks, hitting the side of his horse with his heel. He takes off, charging into the distance.



 

Hongbin arrives at the promised castle. He pulls off his helmet, shaking out his hair. He slips it back on, before dismounting. He ties his horse to a stake, grabbing his sword after. He steps inside, armor clinking against itself. He looks up at the broken walls. A ghost of a tower is revealed to him. An outline sits by the window. Hongbin smirks, and continues on.

He weaves his way through the stone brick, up to the tower. He coughs. He forces the door down. "Fear not Princess! I am here to save you!"

Hongbin watches a round jar fall to the ground by the window. It shatters, shards flying across the ground. He frowns at the extremely bare room. "What is this?"

A roar shakes the ground under his feet. Hongbin rolls the sword around, before marching down the tower stairs. He reaches the bottom, only to find the end of a purple tail. Hongbin smirks, and chases after it. The dragon turns to him, hearing the noise.

"Where is the princess? Where is she, you foul beast?!" Hongbin shouts, adjusting his sword. The dragon seems to roll its purple eyes, before swiping out at him. Hongbin jumps back, before charging forward. A fire builds in the dragon's throat. It roars out, sending the fire with it. Hongbin rolls away, dodging the flame.

"You beast," he growls, charging at it again. He swipes his sword against its chest. It grabs at Hongbin, roaring in slight pain. Hongbin is pressed to the ground. He writhes, attempting to escape the single claw. Black nails scrape at both sides of his head. Hongbin watches the dragon, as it looms over him. He slips his hands to his side, and pulls out a small dagger. He stabs the claw, causing an unnatural screech from the dragon. Hongbin takes his sword, and stabs through the dragon's hand. It makes it all the way to the floor. Hongbin moves back, spitting at the dragon.

"Where is the princess?" He growls. The dragon looks up at him. Hongbin almost could say that it's eyes are sad. It looks down at the sword.

"What?" Hongbin asks. The dragon nods at the sword. "No. You'll kill me." The dragon growls, and shrinks back. "Fine!"

Hongbin pulls the sword out from the dragon's claw. He removes the dagger, glaring at the beast. The dragon curls its claw, almost frowning at it.

Hongbin huffs. "Where is she?" The dragon moves back, increasing their distance. A small aura of light surrounds the dragon. It shrinks forming a different shape. Hongbin holds up his hands, as the light grows brighter. The light fades, revealing a single girl in a black dress. Hongbin looks up, eyes widening.

"Princess?"

She nods, glaring at him.

"You're beautiful princess, but what happened to the dragon?"

"All you princes are so naive," she speaks, rolling her eyes. Hongbin frowns, and walks to her.

"The danger is gone now princess. You can come with me, and stay together forever," he whispers, grabbing her hand. She hisses, and pulls her hand back. Blood from a fresh wound drips down. Hongbin looks at it, before he meets the princess' eyes. They shine purple in what little light there is.

"What is this magic?" He asks, backing away. She sighs, and turns around.

"You're a horrible knight. You didn't even bother to learn my name before saving me," she speaks, looking over her shoulder to glare at him.

"Right. Sorry. What's your name princess?" Hongbin asks, stepping closer to her.

"Sanghyuk. Now, please leave me alone," she demands, walking away from Hongbin.

"No, I saved you. You must marry me," He demands, chasing after him.

"No, I don't."

"I saved you!"

"No, you didn't!" Sanghyuk turns to him and roars. Fire emerges from . Hongbin jumps back, avoiding the flame. She fumes and continues on. "I hear there is a princess in the next kingdom. Go save her."

"I want the purple eyed princess to produce my heirs. They would be beautiful," Hongbin explains, smiling at her.

Sanghyuk huffs. "Is that all you think I'm good for? Some and giving you heirs. This is why I stay here," she speaks, walking down some stairs.

"You can leave?" Hongbin asks, running after. Mountains of gold and armor greet him.

"Of courses. I'm not bound here, but when I leave people expect me to be all princess-like. I'd rather be the dragon of legend. The one who guards the unknown princess," she explains, sitting on her bed. She pulls out some cloth, and starts wrapping her wound. "You are clever. You do well against the next dragon. The sword through the claw was smart."

"Thank you? So there is no chance of me taking you back with me?" Hongbin asks, as she ties a knot.

"None at all. You'll be fine. A nice face like yours will get you a nice love," she speaks. Hongbin touches his helmet.

"How—?"

"I saw you come in," she explains, putting the cloth back. "You fixed your hair."

"But it gets so annoying when people only look at you for your looks. I want someone special," Hongbin starts. Sanghyuk rolls her eyes.

"You literally did that to me," she speaks. Hongbin grows quiet, realizes the truth behind her words. He stands, and nods slowly.

"That I did. I am sorry, Sanghyuk," he apologizes, bowing at her. She gives him a small smile. It reaches up to her purple eyes.

"I like you, dear knight. You learn. I would like to talk with you again," Sanghyuk offers, standing up.

"Hongbin. Knight Lee Hongbin of the Han Kingdom," Hongbin speaks, bowing again.

"Princess Sanghyuk of the Han Kingdom," she mimics, curtsying at him. They laugh for a bit, before Hongbin sighs.

"I should go, shouldn't I?" He asks, watching her. Sanghyuk nods. "What should I say?"

"That you fought the dragon and lost. Don't say I'm injured. That will bring so many idiots," she offers, leading him back up. Hongbin nods back.

"I was nice meeting you, Sanghyuk. I'll return to talk," he speaks, meeting his horse. She pets the animal.

"I shall be waiting. Farewell," she says, turning back inside. He mounts the animal, and looks back inside. A familiar light greets him, and he smiles. He takes off, looking back once he's at a distance. The dragon lays on the roof of the castle. He laughs, as a burst of fire comes with a roar of the dragon.



 

Hongbin enters his serf. Wonshik runs up to him. "Where is she?"

"I couldn't get past the dragon. I'll try a different kingdom," Hongbin halfway lies. Wonshik gawks at him, as he dismounts.

"You wanted the purple-eyed princess more than anything. You said she'd be perfect for your line," Wonshik counters, pulling off Hongbin's armor.

"Now, Wonshik, didn't anyone ever tell you to not just look for looks," Hongbin says, smirking slightly, only to laugh after. Wonshik watches him, rolling his eyes after. Hongbin has always been different than the rest of the knights.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: And here it is. I like it. Good topics, plus dragons. Gotta love dragons. I'll see you all in my next fics. (-<) <3 ^_^