The Thoughtful Mug

The Thoughtful Mug
 

 

  

 

 

 

 

After an excruciating afternoon of basketball—and mindlessly swearing somewhere to be able to taste every single thing on the menu—Chanyeol stops by a small café, tucked away from the busyness of the highway. The walk to get there was perfect for a cool-down anyway so he thought, “Why not?”

 

Not only was the fledgling café popular for its au courant, inexpensive menu and far-reaching array of books, but also for being set in an abandoned house long enough for it to be thought to be haunted. Nonetheless, it was perfect for simple get-togethers and relaxation.

 

After receiving his change and receipt, and leaving his bag at the rack with the rest of the customers’ belongings, he heads upstairs, where the library part of the book café was at.

 

The upper floor had rooms—not cubicles—that served to be more private than the ground floor.

 

Passing by several shelves, Chanyeol lazily eyes the books’ spines; most he’s seen before. He settles to picking a book with the most interesting cover. But before he does, he was interrupted by the faint sound of a conversation in a room the shelf was adjacent to.

 

One of the voices was extremely familiar, the other was quite hazy. He takes a peak after slipping the book out of the shelf and opening it at a random page. Chanyeol sees a popular school DJ, who had possessed the smoothest voice anyone who has ever spoken through that microphone, Kim Jongdae.

 

Chanyeol had one concern though, looking at the way Jongdae ang the person he was with sat on the floor, the girl was nearer to the door and Jongdae sat across her, but her voice was quieter. It was too little to be stressing over, so he concluded that it was because of Jongdae’s superiorly modulated voice.

 

He tries to make out sentences, but ultimately ends up with only a number of words, most of which come from different sentences. So he sighs, giving up, taking the book with him to the seat just across that room, the one that looked over the half landing stairs.

                      

What he had ordered, came sooner than it usually does—perhaps it’s because what he ordered was just a sandwich and lemonade.

 

Later, the two people inside the room have come out. Chanyeol stayed silent, munching on his sandwich. He observed the girl, she was petite and was quite plump, her hair was wavy but it glowed, her complexion was quite light and slightly tanned. She was pretty. And it was kinda, a light jab at Chanyeol; he is openly admitted to having a certain liking towards Jongdae, isn’t he?

 

A number of afternoons pass and Chanyeol has not been able to be around the café due to examinations taking up most of his time. But at least studying for them gives him excuse to hang out at the lounge just by the school’s station. It was quite bliss that his free time is at the same time as when Jongdae DJs.

 

Another advantage was when a lot of students request Jongdae to sing songs instead of asking him to play the track for them. Examination week had been a lighter weight to his shoulders.

 
 
 
 
 
end
 
 
A//N: THE ITALICS ARE BEING SAID BY A FUN NARRATOR SOMEWHERE IN OUR HEADS :) HOPE THIS IS CONSIDERABLE AS AN OKAY