Final

Appa knows all.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk just knew something was wrong. Because Himchan opened the door to his room and just stood there with it open. Yongguk took off his headphones in caution and put them down, along with the music sheets on his lap and caught the guitar he knocked over as he turned his chair around. If Himchan was scowling or frowning, Yongguk would not be this worked up. He wasn’t. In fact, he was just standing there with an expression unreadable and it made Yongguk feel slightly uncomfortable.

Because when that door opened, Himchan walked in with a delicious cup of hot coffee and planted a perfect kiss on Yongguks’ cheek. It wasn’t a soft kiss, or neither was it hard. It was just, the perfect kiss. It lasted just the right amount of time and pressed in just the perfect amount on his skin and it left Yongguk inspired if he wanted to stay up any later on his little workplace. Today there was none of that.

Himchan hadn’t even changed his clothes. He was still wearing his tie.

“What’s up?” Yongguk asked straight away.

Himchan blinked – as he himself came out of his thoughts just then, and rubbed his forehead in worry.
“It’s Jongup.”

“… Himchan?” Yongguk repeated, unsure of what’s to be asked.

Jongup had been getting to trouble lately. It’s only been a week since they visited the principal at Jongups’ school because he got into a fight. Yongguk had just one worry. ‘He’s only 16’.
“Someone beat him up.” Himchan stated matter of factly and rubbed his temples. Yongguk narrowed his brows. “What?”

“He’s not talking to me, I don’t know what to do anymore.” Himchan gave in with a final sigh and let go of the doorknob he was holding. “He’s got a black eye and I’m not buying that he ran into a pole, Yongguk. Something is wrong.” He concluded.

Yongguk drew in a long breath. He had a feeling it’s going to be a long night. If Himchan is upset, then he would have to talk to Jongup alone. Also, if Himchan is upset he needs to take care of that too. He’s pretty sure Himchan is going to suggest moving back to Korea again tonight. It’s going to be really long night – considering that these ‘occurrences’ with regards to Jongup needs a bit of his own thinking too. So he has two people to put to sleep now.

“Get yourself washed and try to nap a bit. I’ll go talk to Jongup.” Yongguk said as he walked to Himchan. “You look drained.” He mumbled, and pressed a kiss on Himchans’ cheek instead. Himchan sighed.
“I’m starting to think you were right.” Himchan said, quietly – almost in a whisper.
“About what?” Yongguk asks, feeling clueless. If Himchan wanted to be, he could be very random. Nobody could read his thoughts sometimes.

“About adopting.” He sighed out again and let his head drop onto the door Yongguk closed behind him as he stepped out. Those words brought a cold chill down Yongguks spine and it felt nearly disturbing. Was Himchan really thinking like that?

“It’s not like that.” Yongguk assured, snaking his hands around Himchan, even if he knew that Himchan might not be in a mood for sappy right now. For a second there, Yongguk thought they needed this. They both needed this reassuring.

“You were the right one.” Yongguk confirmed.
“Jongup turned the two of us into a family, you know? And then we got this nice house and we started to bother about cooking and you realized you could bake the world’s best cupcakes and we’re happy now.” Yongguk made a list of things that crossed his mind at the moment. If he had been given time to think out properly and make a list, he could include a thousand and one things. He truly believed that bringing Jongup in was a brave and smart choice.
It didn’t seem to lift Himchans’ mood, however.

“But is Jongup happy?” Himchan bought up the ultimanium.

Unable to answer without hesitation, Yongguk let himself sigh. He put his forehead against Himchans neck as he always did when they just hugged sometimes, and formed a neat sentence. He tried to think twice before talking.
“We can still make it work out, Channie. He loves us, you know?”

Himchan only let out a raspy hum.

“We’ll talk about this later. Eat some dinner first.” Yongguk pulled back, and Himchan loosened his tie. “No appetite. Just don’t scold him or anything, okay?”
Yongguk chuckled at this. “That’s advice to yourself; babe. I’ll see you in a few.”

Yongguk walked upstairs and stopped at the closed door of Jongups. The lights were turned off, so Yongguk kept to being polite. “Are you asleep?” he asked, the door still closed.
It was silent for a full, dull minute. Yongguk almost made up his mind and left; but then he heard shuffling inside. The light switch snapped on and Jongup opened the door to him.

“Hi dad.” He said in a voice barely audible. His eyes were still fixed on Yongguks big feet and he was not meeting his eyes because he didn’t want Yongguk to see him like this. He his heel and marched back to his bed and got himself seated. He was asked to sit on his bed and listen if he did something bad and Jongup had always been a sweet child.

He remembers when Himchan scolded Jongup for toppling over some ceramic he bought on the first day without the covers opened even yet. Jongup was perhaps six. Six, but incredibly sweet and soft like a baby. He started to cry saying he didn’t mean it – and minutes later Himchan was crying too. He tried not to chuckle while the present was somewhat serious.

Usually Himchan and Yongguk would stand while they gave the lectures. Today was different. Himchan wasn’t here. Jongup must have blurted out something he didn’t mean. Himchan pushes your buttons like that.

Instead, Yongguk walked up to Jongup and knelt. Although he surprised Jongup, he only did this to turn his boys chin up and check what the damage was.
Himchan was right about the black eye, though. Other than that, nothing was too serious. He had some cuts but they would heal.

“Does it hurt anywhere else?” Yongguk asked, and Jongup clearly shook his head. That meant no.
Himchan was also extremely good at over-exaggerating things.

“I’ll get some ice for that later. Tell me what happened, first.” Yongguk clarified.

“It’s nothing serious.” Jongup replied simply and nonchalantly; and this made Yongguk feel slightly pissed off. “But I’m being very serious. You can’t go on getting into fights like this. It’s hardly been seven days since your last.” Yongguks’ voice held power when it needed.

“Dad, I’m telling you…”
“And I’m not buying it. Who punched you in the face and why.” Yongguk made his question simple and clear.

Jongup didn’t answer rashly this time. He took his time and thought over his words.

“It’s rather embarrassing to say. And I’m not ready yet.” He mumbled out, and Yongguk furrowed his brows. He put his hands on Jongups thighs and patted them. “Ready for what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter