Favorite Things

Favorite Things

Seungwan is a nonchalant person. She love peacefulness above all so she always avoid any unnecessary interaction to lessen the drama in her life. Don’t get her wrong, Seungwan is not an emo anti social kid, nor does a loner. In fact, she’s an honor student and the president of their school choir club. She also in the popular circle with Seulgi, the charismatic athlete.

Despite being a nonchalant person, there are a few thing that always catch Seungwan’s attention. Seulgi love to joke around and said that those are a few of Seungwan’s favorite things in her life. And Seungwan agree, those things that never failed to catch her attention deserved to be called as her favorite things in life.

1. The Wind

Seungwan love the wind. Not summer wind because it’s useless and make her sweat even more rather than cooling her off. She hate fall wind because sometimes it get too windy and resulted at the P.E class moved into the gym. As for winter wind, she simply hate it because it’s too cold for her liking. So, based on those fact, it save to say that spring wind is Seungwan’s most favorite wind among all the season.

Seungwan love spring wind. She love it when the wind blow gently against her face. It give her this soothing and peaceful effect for her clouded mind. Especially when she is stuck in history class, where her teacher having this long explanation about ancient trading method that somehow sounds like a lullaby for Seungwan’s ears.

She’s looking outside the window, watching the patterns of the clouds that keep changing following the wind. With the spring wind that blowing so gently against her face plus her teacher’s long explanation on the background, it’s really not Seungwan’s fault if she closed her eyes and about to drift to dreamland when suddenly she heard a voice from distance.

“Joohyun-ah, catch it!”

Seungwan opened her eyes and looked toward the school field where the upperclassman having their P.E class. Her eyes following the movement of the one that called “Joohyun“ when she catch the ball and dribble it around the court in attempt to score a point. Seungwan held her breath when “Joohyun” jump and score a perfect three point shot to the ring.

This is actually another reason why Seungwan love spring wind the most. Because P.E class, including this very specific upperclassman class, will held at the outdoor field. And if Seungwan lucky enough, like today, she could see the wind blowing away some strands of  Joohyun’s hair away from her face so gently. It almost feels like looking at a painting of the goddess of peace. Based on that, Seungwan decided that wind is one of her favorite things.

2. Converse high

Seungwan is a big fans of converse. She adore it because no matter what style you’re wearing, be it casual with jeans or semi formal with afternoon dress, the shoe will fit the overall look. It is comfortable and simplify matters for her. Her favorite is Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Studded Hi John Varvatos. It look simple but the studded give this chick vibe to the shoes. Seungwan may be a nonchalant person but she will always pay extra attention to her converse.

“I just realized something” Seulgi said while putting a plastic bag filled with various snack.

Seungwan lift her eyebrow “What is it?”

“I think Joohyun sunbaenim wear the same converse shoe like the one you’re wearing right now”

Seungwan lift both of her eyebrows “How did you know it the same shoe?”

Seulgi shrugged her shoulders “It look exactly like the one you wear. People usually just wear the standart black hi-top one, but both of yours have those studded on it. You said those are limited edition shoes right? It must be a must-have-item for stylist person like Joohyun sunbaenim. And a converse freak like you” Seulgi added on while slurping her instant noodles. Seungwan looking at her friend for a moment and then chuckled a bit “Who said you are a dumb bear? You are actually have a really thorough mind.... and eyes”

Seulgi give Seungwan a satisfied grin and resume eating her noodles while Seungwan looking at Joohyun’s direction. Looks like Joohyun and her friends are having a good time from the way Joohyun laugh happily at the others joke. Seungwan glance at Joohyun’s shoe and she frown. Seungwan could see the sole of Joohyun’s shoe tear off a bit when her feet move to much from the laughing. As a converse fans, the sight of the shoe is bothering Seungwan a lot. But when Seungwan looked at Joohyun, she can’t help but to think how gorgeous she looks like with that converse shoe. It’s definitely one of Seungwan’s favorite things

3. Silence of the library

Seungwan love peacefulness. She also love reading good book. So it’s not a surprise to saw her lounging around the library on their class recess. The library almost feels like a sanctuary for her. Again, don’t get her wrong. Seungwan is not a nerd. She just feel happy to be away from noisy chattered and high school madness. She don’t need all those drama in her life.

There are no specific time for Seungwan to visit the library. Sometimes she come before the bell ring in the morning or just dropping by between classes to cool of her head because the library’s air conditioner really breezy. But one thing for sure, Seungwan always come to the library every Friday during lunch break.

Friday afternoon is the time where some student lose their self restrain and maybe get a little too excited for weekend. Sooyoung and Yerim once released the lab’s toad into the boy’s restroom. That is the day Seungwan realized how vulnerable the boys could be from the way they shrieking over the toad. Seungwan decided it much more safe for her to stay in the library.   

So, every Friday during lunch break Seungwan will come to the library. It mostly empty because the other students having their lunch at the cafeteria or prefer to enjoying spring at the school yard. She walk through the bookshelves, finger traced the books cover. She picked one book and sit at furthest table in the room. Seungwan quietly sit, opened her book and put it right in front of her face. After five minutes reading in silence, Seungwan tilt her head to the edge of her book and peek at the view right in front of her. The silence and breezy air of the library making Bae Joohyun able to sleep so peacefully after her tiring P.E class. Seungwan love this serene atmosphere, she read her book in silence while occasionally peeking through her book to make sure Joohyun still sleep peacefully. Seungwan love the silence of the library, especially if it put such serenity on Joohyun’s sleeping face. 

4. Earphone

Seungwan hate unnecessary conversation so she always plug in her earphone when she is alone. She actually not listening to a song, she just plug her earphone into her ears without even turning on her ipod.  Seungwan just want to avoid any useless chit chat so she always plug her earphone when she go back home.

It took forty minutes of bus ride to her home. Some students from her school also take the same bus as Seungwan but usually they busied their self with their phone or just sleeping. Today the bus a little bit packed so Seungwan grabbed the handle and stand quietly. 

“I like it firm”

“I knew it, that’s why you’re so all over Miyoung’s right?”

“B-I-N-G-O! Now come on Joohyun, you never told me the type of that you like”

Seungwan didn’t turn on her ipod so she could hear this ‘interesting’ conversation between Joohyun and her friend Taeyeon because both of them stand right behind Seungwan. She like to wear her earphone without actually listening to a music because if she happened to stuck in the bus near Joohyun like this she could listen to her pleasant voice and also her laugh when she is with her friends. She just can’t believe at their choice of topic sometimes.

The bus braked all of sudden, making all the passengers lost their balance. Suddenly Seungwan felt a firm grip on her . Her heart stopped and she can feel the heat rushed to her face. She could heared Joohyun mumbled “Sorry” to her but Seungwan too shock to utter any reply. Seungwan heard a chuckled before Joohyun answered her friend Taeyeon

“I think i like cute ”

+++++++

Those are a few of Seungwan’s favorite things that, she admitted, making her life a little bit more interesting. But actually, among all of Seungwan’s favorite things, there is one that Seungwan really love in her daily life. That is when she crawl to her bed at night, into the warmth of Joohyun’s inviting arms. Seungwan will snuggle until she find her comfortable position while Joohyun running her fingers through Seungwan’s hair.

“How was your day unnie?” Seungwan asked, her fingers playing with Joohyun’s

“It’s great, but i’m reaaally tired today. I think i’m too excited while playing basketball at P.E class”

Seungwan chuckled “Yeah, i can see that clearly. You passed out at the library”

“Meaaaanie, You’re supposed to wake me up. I almost late to the class because of you” Joohyun said while pouting her lips

Seungwan glance at the older girl and laugh at her pouting face “How could i? You are so tired. Beside, unnie look so beautiful while sleeping. I don’t have any heart to wake this sleeping beauty”

Joohyun lean in and peck Seungwan’s lips “Ck, sweet talker” she then fondly caress Seungwan cheek. They stay in that position while looking at each other for a while.

“By the way, let’s buy new couple shoes” Seungwan break the silence.

“Hmmm? Why? You already bored with your Hi John Varvatos?” Joohyun ask with sleepy voice.

“Am not, i just saw your sole already start to tear off. Better save it and buy another one right?”

“Alright, we’ll search for new shoes this weekend. Now let’s sleep, I’m really tired” Joohyun whined. She wrapped herself  tighter to Seungwan and rest her head on Seungwan’s chest. Seungwan kissed the crown of Joohyun head and whisper goodnight to her. Seungwan almost felt asleep when she hear Joohyun’s voice

“Seungwan?”

“Hmm?”

“I love you”

Seungwan’s heart swell in happiness “I love you too”

 


Because Wenrene being extra lovey dovey these days and i really can't handle it >_<

Your comment and input for the story is welcome. I still need to work on my grammar (・。・;)