Junhong; #1

Let Me Hold You

Junhong

 

You have no idea how my heart beating fast when I saw her. She is..seriously stunning. Her hair changes into something really bright and eye-catching. It is blond, with some orange or bright brown. When she walks inside the hall, she catches so many eyes there, including me. She walks shyly while nodding her head to every person she met, and of course, her smile is always there with her.

She is tall, maybe that’s why she always lowering her shoulder and nodding to people. She is shy, maybe that’s why she had those pink tint on her chubby cheeks. I need one minute to finally get off my eyes of her.

Sadly, I suddenly feel hard to breathe. I have no idea. I really don't know why I have this feeling, until I realize that it’s been a while since the last time I met her. Then reality hits me, I miss her. I really do, more than I could imagine.

“Sooyoung-a, please come forward. Did you forget what I said one week ago?” Kim Songsaem voice can be heard from behind. I turn my head and find her a bit clueless, she put a thin smile, “...Ne, songsaenim?”

A laugh can be heard from several people. Not that because they mock her, it is more like..they find it cute. And honestly it is really cute. She is cute.

“I said, come forward. Sit between Junhong and Hayoung, we always had this tradition to give idols from our school a present in every graduation. Now, get up.”

I don’t really hear what is he saying. My heart suddenly stop beating when I hear my name. She is..going to sit beside me. My Park Sooyoung will sit beside me, finally.

Wait, no, she is not my park sooyoung, and she never is.

My head goes low when I feel that bitter feeling. Ah, how to control myself for the next three hours? I can't get into trouble and embarrasing myself in front of her. Not after what happened between us, right?

I don’t remember anything, until I feel her presence beside me. I look away and tried to breathe normally. No, Junhong, don't ing blush. Junhong, I warn you, don't ing look stupid! Calm down, she is just Sooyoung. Nothing’s gonna happen, I assure you.

“Joy!” a feminine voice of Hayoung can be heard, I can sense her smiled back to Hayoung though I didn't really see.

“Hayoungie~ Long time no see!”

, I think I’m going to heaven.

“Sit down, and let’s catching up! Yerin is going to be here soon so just wait!” said Hayoung again then she laughed along with Hayoung.

My throat suddenly feels dry. I want to cry. It has been almost a year since the last time I hear her voice, and now she laughs like she is in happiness. She is totally fine now, without me. I know, I know. She will comeback soon and hit daebak. She will get more popularity and a lot of people will acknowledge about her presence. She will be fine with her bright future.

“Junhong-a, says hi to her! You both never met after she became really busy, right?” Hayoung laughs.

I froze. Ho-how could Hayoung called my name. Crap. I, with so much pain in my heart, finally looks up at her and nods, “Hello.”

She still stands there, her bright eyes looks right into my eyes without any expression. There is no smile of her, not even her cute blinks like she used to shows to me. She only nods fastly, “Hi.”

I can feel her presence beside me. We are so close, yet we are so far of each other. It really kills me, mentally inside. Sooyoung is sitting beside me, makes me want to embrace her and bring her into my hug forever.

Sooyoung-a, I miss you. I missed you, I do, and I will always do.

*

“Junhong! When will your full album out?” Sooyoungie, my classmate stares at my eyes and her eyes looks like it will pop out soon.

She is so cute, but there is no way I will tell her now.

“Soon, really soon.”

“Aish, you’ve been saying it since the first day of our high school life. It’s getting boring now!”

I laugh, “Yah, don’t you know it’s hard enough to be debut under an agency? I should work harder to release an album!”

“Then you should work harder from now so that way you’ll get to release full album soon!” Sooyoung laughs along with her words. She claps her hands and moves her heads up and backwards—it makes her bangs moves along too.

I have been a friend of her since our first day of high school and luckily we’re getting along really well—practically, all of students in our class get along well, not just both of us. But for some odd reasons, I’m glad I am close with her.

She is writing last sentence of our song prettily—the song that we compose together for group project with next week as the deadline—as I watch her in silent. Her name is Park Sooyoung, she is chubby—you may hate me to say this but I actually love this fact—and she has nice smile. It feels like I get something weird in my heart everytime her smile appears.

“Aaand, done! Yaaay, We finish this!”

“Let me see,” I take the paper on floor and read every words we compose together.

It’s cold tonight, please come to hug me

It’s cold tonight, would you be my blanket?

The world seems colder when you’re not by my side

But i try, and i should try to get used of it

Baby, baby, baby

Why did you leave me?

What happened to us?

I need you give me a hug, no, I need you for the rest

Of my life

“It’s beautiful...”

“It really is! Yah, Junhong, you’re so talented on writing lyrics, maybe you should try to do it when you debut and compose an album by yourself.”

I eye her as I put down the paper. She is all smiling and I can’t help myself but smile at her too. “Sure, I will definitely do it and let you sing my song in the future.”

“Woah, very nice of you, but that’s impossible because I am far away from being a singer.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

Sooyoung, it’s a pity, because the world needs to know how beautiful your voice is.

*

The ceremony just get started but I have this weird feeling inside me kill me slowly. No, I’m not joking. I am talking the pain inside me for real. She, the Park Sooyoung whom so precious to me, is sitting by my side but I can't do anything except ignoring her.

I can't even look at her to lessen the probability of people notices us. I can't even check on her whether she is happy beside me or not.

Yeah, she is talking to Hayoung and Yerin, surely  I can hear her voice clearly. But that is not enough.

“I heard you’ll have a comeback!” Hayoung whispers in a note that I still can hear her.

I hear her chuckles—sweetly—and say, “Don't you see it clearly? My hair changes means I am having comeback soon!”

“Oh my god,” Yerin replies this time. “I thought the rule changes hairstyles equals comebacks doesn't exist anymore in your company?”

“Yeah, I’ve heard your sunbaes changing hairstlyes whenever they want?”

Sooyoung doesn't reply as fast as the light like usual, but then she says in sweet tone, “I guess that rule still happens to rookie like me.”

“Rookie monster,” Hayoung whisperes, “I wish your group success with this comeback.”

“Thank you,” Sooyoung replies—and I can imagine her smiling shyly now—“Please shut our mouth now.”

The three of them laughs silently but end up shutting their mouths for real.

Yeah, Sooyoung, you are having a comeback soon. Do you still remember that day when you say you’re still far away from being a singer? Look at you now, debuting in a big agency which obviously far above of mine.

It feels like dying, to hear her talking but I can't say anything about it. I am dying to join the conversation and bombs her with questions. But no, there is no way I let myself being stupid enough to do that and risk both of our careers.

If only you know, Sooyoung, you’re the luckiest yet the most down to earth person I’ve ever met.

*

I am walking on the hallway from lobby when I hear people from my class screaming—not literally, because most of them clapping hands and shouting congratulations right on the air. I rise my head, feeling a little tired from last practice in the studio, and find Sooyoung’s place is full of people.

“Sooyoung-ah, congratulations!!”

“I know you’ll get inside SM smoothly!”

“Yah, don't forget us when you’re debuting!”

“Damn, gurl, you’re in the same agency with Taeyong sunbae, I can't believe that!”

“And Kai and Sehun oppa too! Oh my god!”

“And Sulli!!!!!!! KYAAH Sooyoungie!!”

I stop at my place at the moment. I was about to ask what happened to one of my friend but their words explains everything—more than I need to know. There, I watch her smiling with her sparkling eyes and shaking eyes to everyone.

“Thank you, all, really, I just got accepted, it’s not like I will debuting soon.”

“I am sure you’ll soon debut, i’ve heard they are going to release new girl group soon!”

“Good news for you, Sooyoung!”

Her friends are all too excited but then she only nods and smiles in her usual way. Doesn't she get excited about this? Or she actually got entered yesterday and the euforia already ended?

I grab my bag and walk closer to her. Few people notices me and talking to me but I don't really catch their words. Instead, I take place in front of her and sit down.

“Is that true?”

She smiles, “You think?”

“Yah, dont be too proud this soon!”

She laughs and her eyes turns into cresent moon, “I don't! Yeah, Zelo-ssi, I got accepted.”

“Don't call me that.”

“Why? that’s cool.”

“Because i am still a Choi Junhong when I’m in school,” I reply and few people goes like whooaa.  “So, meet me at the usual place?”

“Today?”

I nod, “After lunch break. Do you want to get your present?”

She doesn't reply, but a blush on her cheeks explains everything. I smile at her and turn my back to her, well at least she is smart enough to hide our odd friendship from everyone. The moment I stop talking to her, her friends starts blabbering things again, but I don't really pay attention on it.

The only thing matters to me is her, only her. My Park Sooyoung finally get accepted and one step closer to be a singer, do you realize how amazing is that?

*

“What’s my present?” she asks me when we arrives at rooftop.

I close the door and make sure I have the key, with the door locked so no one will come here to bothering us. No negative thoughts, I just hate being disturbed when I am with her or being alone here.

“Not so fast, kiddo,” I smirk.

“Yaah!”

I laugh as she slaps my arm lightly, “tell me, how did you get inside there?”

She looks at me right into my eyes and suddenly shuts . I rise my eyebrow and waits her to reply but there is nothing out of . I cross my arm on chest and waiting her patiently, “Sooo?”

“Honestly, i don't really know.”

“Seriously?”

“I’m being serious!”

“Me too!” I half shout in fun back, “I mean, hey, you got accepted into a company that is as big as SM, what did you do?”

“I dance, I sing, I make jokes, I act, I.. simply do whatever they want me to do.”

I frown, “It’s really that way?”

“Yeah! A lot of people think it’s hard to got accepted but now I understand, you just have to do their orders with all of your hearts,” her smiles appears as she says this and so me, “And tadaa! You are a part of their trainees now.”

“That’s too easy for someone who’s as bad as you.”

“Junhong!” she runs to me and I run away for a bit, only to get dragged by her in the end and she slaps my another arm lightly. “At least say something more proper!”

I can't help my self but laugh at her. Her cuteness is just too hard to handle and I can't even control myself to act cool around you, “Yeah, yeah, as I told you before,” I grab both of her arms closer, “I will give you the present.”

“Now?”

“Now.”

“Do I get anything I want?”

I nod. I promised to her a few weeks a go so yeah, I should do it. “Anything.”

She becomes silent for a while but then, a smile appears on her face. Sooyoung looks shy, once again, I wonder why does she blushes a lot around me? Or is it just my thought?

“I only ask this one thing, and I will not repeat it so you have to hear my word clearly.”

“Sure thing, Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung smiles once more before says something again—“I want you to hug me, and don't break the contact until I tell you to.”

She says it fast and loud.

But I still can hear her clearly. “Don’t you want anything else?”

She shakes her head, “Do it or never do it.”

I give her a sincere smile. I honestly expect her to ask me bring her eat something expensive or going out at night like we usually planned but end up cancelled because of my busy schedules. I don't expect a hug from me as a simple present for her.

But I do hug her, anyway.

The moment I take a breath and take her closer to me, she doesn't say anything. I do it slowly and smoothly, making sure she is fine with my moves, and I finally wrap my hand on her neck and on her waist on my other hand. We’re so close, we can even hear each other’s breathing.

She becomes silent but that’s okay. I know it’s been a while since the last time we spend time together, and I know she misses me. Because I miss her too, more than I expect.

*

“I can say this proudly because every year, the most prestigious Seoul of Performing Arts is releasing talented students who’s debuting under different agencies and making their dreams come true.”

The chairman of our school is speaking and snapping my thoughts back to reality. I eye him who’s standing on the stage, with his eyes on me and my other friends now.

“So that’s why, we’re going to call their name one by one, first than anyone as a congratulate of their hardwork not only inside the school but also in reality. So, students, please stand up,”

I and the others are standing up by our seats and our names are being called one by one to get onto the stage. The clappings are everywhere, indicated how proud they are to have students like us as their alumni.

It is not long until I hear, “Park Sooyoung who’s debuting as Joy with Red Velvet, a group from SM Entertainment.”

Joy.

Joy.

How lovely her stage name is.

“Choi Junhong who’s debuting as Zelo with B.A.P from TS Entertainment.”

Let’s not compare my stage name with hers. Because obviously, I love hers more than I do to my own stage name.

*

Things are getting hard, for me and also for her. Ever since she got accepted in SM and becomes a trainee, she always comes late to school. Even if she’s not late, she has those big dark circle under her eyes. She barely has time to spend with her friends now, even with me.

I eye her when she walks inside the classroom with her famous small yet cute yellow backpack on her back. Sooyoungie looks sleepier than usual, which makes me wonder why.

“Hey,” I grab her hands when she is walking towards her place—which placed right behind mine.

Sooyoung rises her eyebrows and looks at me with her sleepy eyes, “Hum? Oh, good morning, Junhong.”

“You okay?” I ask, and she only nods.

“Are you sure?” I ask once more, “You look tired.”

She doesn't reply this time but her eyes seems wants to tell something. Sadly, Sooyoung doesn't say anything, instead she pulls off her wrist of my hand and sits on her usual seat.

I turn my back and check on her once more. Sooyoung’s eyes are looking right on mine and she smiles a bit.

“What?”

“I...” I don't know how to start. I just miss this kid so much. “Nothing, I just want to catch up things with you.”

Later I notice how her skin tone become paler. Oh god, what happened to her during my tour in US? Didn't she eat her meal properly? And she looks skinnier now, I can even see her cheekbone even only a little. Where does her chubby cheeks gone?

I only flight with my group tour around less than two month and I find her looks like.. I don't know. One thing for sure, she looks different.

“Me too,” she whispers. She leans closer to my side and gives her cheeky smile like usual, “Do you want to meet after school?”

I blink. I have practice after this but I can't let go this offer easily. I probably will become busier than now and I need to catch up things with her. should I skip school? Or should I skip practice this noon, and lie about my school?

Damn, Junhong, why are you becoming liar all of sudd—

“You don't want it, I see,” Sooyoung is about to get off her face from mine but I grab her wrist, “Hey, listen!”

“What? I know, Mr. Busy, you’re so so busy right now that maybe you don't have time to meet me. that’s okay, I understa—”

“3PM after fourth class, you wait me at usual place.”

“How about you?”

“I’ll tell you about it later. Just wait.”

She seems think about something but then she nods without any argue. I let out a relief. Thanks God. I give her my best smile before turning my back and class start in minutes later.

No one seems notice our conversation because—how to say this? Um, let’s just say they are pretty understanding about me and her. We’re both close since first year of high school and become closer after we have common things—an idol and soon to be an idol.

And thanks God, because no one disturb or trying to look at us during our conversation back then.

*

“Junhong?”

“Junhong?”

I snap back to reality when I realize someone just call my name. Hayoung is standing behind me and looking at me weirdly, “Was you daydreaming just now?”

“I.. yeah, why?”

“Your turn to the stage is next, Sooyoungie is following from behind,” Hayoung then points at Sooyoung who’s looking at me without saying anything. I almost drop my heart when our eyes meet.

Damn.

I can’t lose my control and bring her to my hug in front of all people here, not when everyone is watching us, even noonadeul who’s having their cameras on me. I nod at Hayoung silently then I see her brings Sooyoung stands right behind my back.

We’re staring at each other before I dare myself to talk her, “Hey. Long time no see.”

“Yeah, long time no see. Can you focus on front, because your name will be called soon?”

I turn my body and she’s right. I hear my name called along with Sooyoung’s by our homerome teacher. I walk up on the stage, I can hear the clapping, the words of congratulations that flying in the air the moment I get my sertificate.

“Thank you, Mrs. Jang,” I bow at her.

We take some pictures together before I go down and Sooyoung walks into the stage. I take a glance at her as fast as possible.

And I am, being stupid than I already am, slowing my pace and whisper to her, “Let’s meet up after this.”

I keep walking as I say it to her, so I can't even hear her answer. Or maybe she doesn't even answer. But I don't really care. I back to my seat and sit down quietly. She is still there, taking pictures with our teachers and principal, before she finally gets back to her place.

She doesn't look at me nor she smiles.

But the moment she sits down, she is leaning a bit closer to me and replies, “Make sure we won’t being caught.”

I can't help but a smile appear on my face.

 


I have to cut his part into three since it is so long and.. yeah. Is this seem like a crap? i’m sorry if you don't find this good enough since this is the first time i write other ships than main otps. Feel free to write your thoughts. Love, Sezi.