Like A Cat

Like A Cat

You were not surprised when you heard the television as you came into your place. Earlier, your boyfriend said that he would come over while he had some spare time. 

"Mark?" you called since you didn't see him in the living room. Did he go to the bathroom? 

"Yo." Your question, that was voiced and stayed inside your head was answered with a short casual remark and a hand waved from the sofa. The front door was facing the back of your sofa and apparently Mark was sitting in such an ugly position. He was practically laying down, with his long legs sprawled to the floor and his head was the only part of his body that was still leaning on the back of sofa. No wonder you couldn't see him. 

"I didn't see you earlier. I'm going change clothes for five minutes. How long since you arrived?" You walked passed him on your way to your room and ruffled his hair. 

"Probably fifteen minutes. Dinner?" he asked as he basically let you do whatever you want, event hough he had wrinkles in his nose. 

College was literally draining your energy that you were not willing to muster a louder answer for Mark to hear from the living room. So you just changed clothes silently, pending your answer. 

You changed into a pair of shorts and thin sweater. No matter how tired you were when you came home, you would always have enough energy to change clothes. Old habits since you were younger and now you would feel terrible if you went around the house wearing the clothes you just wore outside for a whole day. That whole day you kept on grumbling about how you forgot to bring any hair tie. Immediately, you tied your hair in a pony tail as soon as you found one on your table. 

"I already ate before the last class. You?" The steps you took was lifeless but long, so you could reach the sofa faster. 

Maybe it was his feeling, or maybe Mark just simply knew you so well that he opened his arms wide as you were coming. "Good. Because I already did too with the guys." 

Upon his warm welcome, you almost jumped on him. Laying flat on the sofa with your head nested on his stomach. "College is ," you snickered as you snuggled even closer. One of your hand even raised and reached for his shirt. Sort of scratching it before pulling it closer to your nose and shamelessly inhaling the smell, making Mark laughed on the process. Mark always smelled nice. Always, twenty four hours in a day and seven days in a week. Even if he just woke up, even after a whole day being outside, and though he would stink a little bit after hours of practice, there's always a glint of pleasant smell from Mark. That was still a mystery for you and he only laughed when you tell him about it. 

"Yah, my shirt will get stretched if you do that," he said with a finger flicked your forehead. That wasn't even hard, it was lovingly, even. 

That comment of his was ridiculous. You didn't even pull it that much. "Like I care," you answer it just as you could muster. You didn't have much energy anymore. Let alone to make a proper answer, you could barely keep your eyes open and indeed, your sights were getting blur from fatigue. "Are you going to watch the television for a while?" You rolled a little, almost bury your face in his stomach and your arms stretched to hug him. 

"Yeah, the race is just about to start, it usually takes about an hour. Why?" Mark grabbed the remote and turned the volume up as the race was actually starting up. It took some times for you to answer since you were literally trying hard to keep your eyes open all the while snuggling to him. "You are being a cat again. You act exactly like my cat right now," he commented. 

"I'm not and I don't." You gave up with the sleepiness so you just talking with your eyes closed and rested your head in a comfortable position. 

"Yes, you are and you do." 

You were getting tired with all of his comments, always saying you acted like his cat whenever you were sleepy. You didn't think you do. And sadly you couldn't compare yourself with the real thing since, of course, you couldn't see yourself and his cat was in America. You mustered your last energy to pull your head up and open your eyes. "I don't have fur, I don't purr and I can talk. I'm not a cat, Mark," you protested in a slow tempo and weak mad tone. Blame the sleepiness. 

"I never said you're a cat. I just said that you are exactly like my cat." Mark looked down at you while puffing his cheeks and pouted his lower lips in a mocking manner. But one of his hands raised to caress your hairs away from your face and continue to do so even when all you strands were all already away. Was he actually treating you like his cat right now? But whatever, you let him, since it was actually felt comfortable. 

"Wake me up in twenty minutes, okay? I have a paper to do." This time you really planted your head in a fixed comfortable position, ready to sleep. You welcomed the fatigue and let your eyes fluttered close. 

Seeing you started to sleep, Mark wrapped one of his arms around your shoulder, trying to make you even more comfortable and sleep better if possible. "You are always the one who complained about how college is, yet you always do your best as if you are enjoying it." 

Your hand slapped his side, a gesture telling him to shut up. "Then what should I do? Let it pass without doing anything and make it even er? Nah, thank you, Sir." Your words were unclear since you were actually already half conscious. Almost practically mumbling. Also in that state, you unconsciously snuggled closer while making a meek random humming sound. 

Mark only held back a small laugh  and shook his head a little at your words and attitude. His arms caress the side of your shoulders all the time. 

 

And you didn't purr, you said.


As much as I don't know what I just wrote, I hope you enjoyed it! ♥