Final

Birthday Surprise

Birthday Surprise


 

Your phone rings, and you look down to see that your boyfriend for three years, Chen had texted you, saying that he was coming to your house. It was his birthday, and although he had work today, he still decided that he would come over and celebrate it with you instead of going back to the dorm and resting like the other members. You had the best birthday planned out for him, and you’re so excited to show him. You waited patiently in the living room, walking in circles and checking your watch as each minute pass by. Time flies and your face scrunches up as you hear the clock ring at the strike 2am. You’ve been waiting for the past hour since you got the text from Chen, and you’ve got no idea where he was. You huff in annoyance. Usually you were fine with Chen being late, but he usually would text or call to tell you in advance, but currently he was showing no signs of life whatsoever.

Your face immediately change as you hear someone outside the door, and assuming that it was Chen, you quickly walked up to greet him behind the door. You open the door with a wide smile, just to let it slip off your face when you realize it’s your super ty next door neighbour. Some guy had his arm wrapped around her waist and her arms around his neck. You slam the door shut, grossed out at the image of your neighbour face with some stranger. Times goes by, and it’s almost 3am when you finally hear the door unlock, letting in a sheepish Chen.

 

“Hi. ” You said, leaning against the armrest of the sofa.

 

Chen shut the door behind him, sitting down next to you and putting his arm around your shoulder.

 

“Hey, sorry I took so long. It took us a bit longer than usual to wrap up. Sorry about that.”

 

“SORRY? Sorry doesn’t cover it. I’ve been waiting for you for almost three hours and you just give me a lame excuse and sorry?!” You exclaim, throwing his arm off your shoulder and jumped up off . “Do you know how worried I was? It’s so late, you couldn’t gotten hurt or kidnapped or in an accident! You didn’t even bother to send me one short message! What kind of boyfriend are you?!”

 

Chen stares at you, eyes wide with shock. You know that you’ve gone overboard, and that Chen was the best boyfriend you could ever ask for, but you were too far gone to feel guilty.

 

“You know I’ve use so much patience on you and you don’t even bother to change a little bit of yourself for me. I have to put up with you complaining about rehearsals, with you not putting the toilet seat down after you’re done, with you using my shampoo, and now you’re coming home late. Wow.” You rant, your mouth spitting things out before your brain can even analyse it.

 

Chen looks like he was about to cry, face crumpling into a ball of sadness. He moves towards you, when you see a faint hand print on the front of his jacket. You know it’s probably just one of the guys, but your mind flashes to the image of your ty neighbour face with a stranger, and you exclaim “Are you cheating on me?”

You blurted it out and knew that you stepped over the line when Chen’s face hardens.

“What?” he asks, taking a step closer to you.

 

“Are you cheating on me?” You repeat, a little louder this time.

 

“I can’t believe you would actually think that. We’ve been together for three years and I had only be loyal to you and now you think that I’ve been out cheating on you?!” You can already feel Chen breaking inside, but you keep going.

 

“You get girls thrown at you almost every single day when I’m just sitting here worried for you. How would I know whether or not you’ll suddenly meet some “amazing” and run off with her?”

 

“Well, how would I know whether you’re cheating on me? I leave the country for weeks, even months at the time. Maybe each time I’m away, you have another guy over! Didn’t you post a selca of you with a guy last week? How do I know if you’re not cheating on me with him?” Chen exclaimed, his voice booming through the apartment.

 

You gasp over his accusation. You’re cousin had came over to visit, and you posted the picture in instagram just to show your relatives. You introduced him to Chen before, you didn’t think that he would forget this easily, or brush it off and use it to accuse her.

 

“Don’t give me that crap you know that he’s my cousin.” You growl, narrowing your eyes at him.

 

“Well how should I know whether you’re having an affair with him or not… ? It’s possible.” He didn’t want to make the fight worse, but he tried to defend himself at the best.

 

You couldn’t believe what you were hearing. You glared at your boyfriend and his hard gaze met yours. The glares continued to dig into each other, as if daring the other to blink or look away. You glared hard at him one last time before crossing your arms over your chest and saying “I can’t take this anymore. I’m sorry Chen, but I have to get away from here.”

 

You walked in your room and slammed the door with a loud bang, locked it while chuckling to yourself a little. Quickly you walked over to your drawer and took out a box wrapped in bright gold wrapping paper with the words ‘I love you’ written all over. You walked over to your table and picked up the lighter, lighting up all 23 candles carefully. Smiling to yourself, you put the cake on top of the box before opening the door and walking outside.

 

Walking outside of your room, your heart broke a little when you saw Chen crying on the sofa, eyes red and swollen, knowing that it was all because of you. But you were glad it was all going by your plan.

 

“Happy Birthday To You~ Happy Birthday To You~ Happy Birthday To My Chennie~ Happy Birthday To You~” you sang as you walked closer towards Chen. You giggled as he looked up at you confusingly but it didn’t take him long until he realised everything that just happened. You cutely bobbed your head from side to side, trying to make him smile again.

 

“Yah! Mwoya!” he said in his ‘annoyed’ voice.

 

You put the cake down on the table in front of the couch while handing him the birthday gift you prepared for him over the past month. “Saengil Chukhahae~ Bogoshipposeo~ (Happy Birthday, I missed you)” you smiled at him. Wiping his tears, he took the present out of the hands before grabbing you into a tight hug.

 

“Yah! Jinja! I thought you were serious!” he said, not letting you out of his grip, afraid that you would really leave him.

 

“Hehe babo~ No one told you to actually think I was mad. Do you think that I’ll actually do that to you?” you .

 

“It’s not fair thooo~~! It’s my birthday!”

 

“That’s the whole point you idiot~ Cute idiot~” you pulled away from the hug to give him a peck on the lips. “Open the gift” you pointed at the box that was in your hands a few minutes ago. Chen did as you said, carefully taking the tape off first before unwrapping the gift, not wanting to break anything you give him. He takes the lid of the box and takes out a card.

 

Happy Birthday To My Favorite Person in the World!

I knew you were going to fall for my acting~

Babo :P

I miss you so much

Saranghae <3

 

It was short but he could almost feel every word you wrote down on the small card you made. He looked up to smile at you before taking out the small booklet from the box.

 

3 Years with Jong Dae

 

He flipped through the album, to see all sorts of photos of you and him, dorky ones, smiley ones, stupid ones, crazy ones, sweet ones but he liked every single one of them. He looked at all of them in detail, looking back at all memories within the 3 years you spent with him. Even though most of the times he would be overseas or busy with his schedule he would still make time to spend with you, sometimes it broke your heart so much to see him in such a tired state, yet he would make sure he had time for you. Chen had always been a really caring and loving boyfriend although he would troll you sometimes. A tear dropped onto his lap, but this time a happy one. You smiled at his cuteness before snuggling up to him, kissing him on  the cheek. He put down the book next to the card before putting his hand one last time in the box to take the last item out, a bracelet.

 

“ “ <3


 

He smiled upon seeing your initials on the bracelet. You waved your arm in front him showing your bracelet with the letters JD. You took the bracelet out of his hand and buckled it on his wrist before giving him a peck on the lips. “You need to make a wish and blow the candles out before they melt~” you chuckled. He turned towards the cake and put his hands together. “I wish that we will stay together forever~” he said in the cheesiest voice you’ve ever heard him in. “Yah! Mwoya! You’re so cheesy! Ewww~” you said as he blew out the candles. You stuck your finger in the cake you had made for him and twirled it a few times before taking it out and pushing it on his face. He looked at back you “Yah!” “Meryeong” you stuck your tongue out at him.

 

You could tell he was about to tackle you, so you quickly stood up, running off to hide while he laughs before coming to catch you.


In no time he caught you and pulled you into a tight hug. “You can’t ever run away now, I’ve caught you” he smirked, “Punishment time~” he looked at you before pressing his lips against yours. “Saranghae” you whisper against his lips as you pull away slightly to catch your breath. “I love you too” he smiled before pulling your body against his and deepening the kiss.