Concert Antics

Daily Snapshots

Tender Love is Ji Hye’s favourite song.

-0-

The soft strains of Tender Love ring through the stadium and a roar erupts among the audience. The stage lights are bright, the distance not diminishing the heat, but Ji Hye grins anyway.

It's one of her favourite songs. It helps that the notes are easy to reach and the choreography is minimal. She loves dancing, but there is such a phenomenon as too much of a good thing.

She jokes around with Yixing, running away when Jongin retaliated to their combined assault with a swipe of his sweaty towel. She's tired, but it's the good kind of tired that comes with every concert.

The rap part comes along and they congregate on the main stage, although still spread apart as they play with their fans. In the corner of her eye, she sees Sehun grab a fan's camera to take a selca.

She holds her microphone out in front of her, where hapless fangirls can scream their favourite part. If she's lucky, maybe it'll drown out her own voice.

(Ji Hye still cringes every time she remembers receiving the lyrics and having that line highlighted. The others had taken delight in huddling over the sound booth, desperate to hear her say the words she so rarely uses with them.)

She takes in a breath – not lip-synching even though she could – and suddenly finds five microphones shoved in front of her face.

"Oppa, oppa," she hears, her voice resonating from the presence of multiple microphones.

The microphones are gone as suddenly as they appear, but she sends a glare behind her. Baekhyun, Jongdae and Jongin cackle as they prance away. Minseok and Kyungsoo (those traitors) aren't far behind, both shooting her mischievous grins.

The song ends without much incident as the group reconvenes for a brief talk session. They take a moment to catch their breaths from the running around (and to take in the crowd, because no matter how long they've been doing this, the crowd that turns up for every concert will always be bigger than they expected and that… that's amazing), eyes roving around them. They stare at the sea of lights and smile.

"Are you having fun?" Joonmyun comments, leader smile (as Ji Hye calls it) plastered across cracked lips. There are screams from the undulating crowd. It forms a yes, vaguely.

"No. Why were there so many mics in front of me just now?" she complains, half-serious.

There's a ripple of laughter. It's obvious that little act hadn't gone unnoticed. No surprise there; for once, her voice had overwhelmed that of the fans'.

"Aigoo," Jongdae coos, stepping towards her. She has a brief thought of anyone but him before her cheek is pinched between two of his fingers. "We just wanted our precious maknae to call us oppa, for once."

The stadium erupts into laughter as Ji Hye swats his hand away with a glare and a pout. She gravitates towards Joonmyun. "They're teasing me," she whines, clutching his shirt and using the young leader as a human shield. Anything to keep Jongdae away from her.

Joonmyun chuckles, patting her head. "There, there. They only tease you because they care."

Jongdae starts crooning Tender Love and if they weren't on stage, she'd throw something at him.

"I think it's an overdose of love," she retorts, the cue to start the next song sounding in her ear — and the other's ear pieces as well. The drum beats signalling Overdose play over the speakers and the lights dim to near blackout as they get into position for the next song.

-0-

This is my favourite headcanon ever okay. Ji Hye's insistence at never calling them oppa if she can help it and them engineering ways to hear her say it gives me life.