Maybe, Just Maybe

Life of TopFany
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe, Just Maybe

 

A serene and melodic music grace the place as two beautiful people are seating in front of the black and white marbled top. Both of them are enjoying the company of one another. Not until one of them slip up a topic that they never though that should be brought up.


"You know what oppa, I was harboring some feelings for you when we were younger.", she slowly swirl her wrist that's holding the glass with red wine in it. A soft laugh escape her lips that stabs his heart.


He cleared his throat at the sudden confession and held his chin up. "Really?.", he suddenly felt uncomfortable at his seat. The air around him felt colder than it should be. It has been 8 years since they last seen each other. Her black mushroom short haircut in the past is now replaced with waist length tresses,that's slightly curled and dyed in brown. The brown orbs are still mesmerizing just like in the past. Her eyes are shadowed with natural earth colors that helped to highlight her beautiful eyes. Cheeks are slimmer that expose her cheekbones. Lips are tinted with bloody red color that suits her for real. Overall, the childish cute girl that he last saw is now replaced with a mature beautiful lady.


"Would you believe if I say that it started since we were in middle school?", a beautiful half crescent eye smile form as she let another angelic laugh. She slightly covered , a habit of hers since grade school years whenever she laughs.


"That's quite long MiYoung.", he let out a halfhearted laugh. He takes a sip at the glass of bourbon that's in his hand to ease the pain that he's feeling. He never knew that their small meeting would end up in reminiscing the past.


"Yeah, and yet you didn't noticed.", she swivel her chair around, completely facing his side. She cross her legs and rest her left arm on the bar too. A smile of relief is shown on her face. "Well, you're the cold hearted insensitive idol of the whole campus SC President Choi Seunghyun.", she playfully air quote him while shaking her head side to side. "You never noticed my feelings even though it's so obvious. I mean even my no sense of romance big brother Jiyong oppa noticed it."


"I noticed it.", his confession made her eyes widen in shock but changes back to the usual smiling face. He never thought that he'll have a chance to say it out loud to her but he did. This might have been due to the effect of alcohol.


She let out a forced smile and takes her gaze away from him. Her fingers are starting to play with each other showing that she's getting nervous. "Then why didn't you tell me.", she looks back at him with a shock expression and starts waving her hands defensively. "Oh! How can I forget it! You always prefer college type of girls right?", a forced small laugh escape from her.


"No. It's not about the preferential. But I thought that it was all jokes. The way you act to me didn't change.", he gulps in one shot his drink and asks for another glass. Their talk is throwing him out of the cliff. Every word that comes out of is bringing all the memories of their pasts. His bitter and painful pasts. "You treated me the way you treated your brother and Youngbae.", he hopes his answer masks his real intention of the pasts.


MiYoung lightly slaps his arm, another habit of her when she's laughing, and he felt small tingling feeling to the place where she touches him. A warm rush of blood crawls up his cheek. He feels like a high school kid once again for blushing like crazy, he's thanking whoever build the bar for placing dim lights. "Well, if you have believed that it was real then it might change the way we are now. It's either we'll hook up then get married with a family or we'll hook up then break up and ends up being awkward with each other.", she shrugs her shoulder and takes a sip on her wine that she has been drinking for the past minutes.


"I guess so.", he gives her a quick side glance before taking a gulp on his newly refilled glass. His brain is starting to play random scenes that he could only wished for now. His upper left lip twitch at the thought. The deeper the night gets, the deeper the revelation from the pasts is being dig up. "The truth is that, I also did liked you. But gave it up knowing that long distance relationship won't lasts.". He can feel her gaze from the side. MiYoung might have been shock with sudden continued revelation but he won't stop. It's a now or never for him. "I'll be studying in London for years. I didn't like the idea of getting you involved."


She released a bitter chuckle and flick her tongue. "I was planning to follow you over there to study law in maybe Oxford or Cambridge.", she looks away from him once again and settled her eyes on the rack of wines. "If ever you reciprocated my feelings I'll do that. But you never did."


He felt like a pail of cold water was poured on his head. Feelings of regret, disappointment, and guiltiness stabs his heart. He turns his head to see her reaction but ended up staring at her beautiful face. She must have felt him staring at her as she also looks at him. Dark brown orbs stares at his own, lock at each other away from the realm of the real world. All he could do know is virtually trace her face with his eyes, looking for any hints of the same feelings from her. "I never thought about that." He was unsure about his future. He was a perfectionist person and all he wants during those times is to be a great man who can stand up on his own without his family's backup. He wants to face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter