1000 Cranes

Life of TopFany
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1000 Cranes

 


They say that a person who can make 1000 cranes in a year will be granted a one special wish that he/she wants. A belief that no one believes. A belief that no one has ever done. A belief that no one cares about. 

997

998

999

1000


"Please grant my only wish."

 

 

August 1 2015

"Oppa!"

"Oppa!"

"What?", a groggily voice comes out from the inside of the blanket.

"You promised me that we'll go to the beach today!", a familiar shrill voice made him throw the blanket away from his body. He abruptly sit up straight from the bed and look at the smiling girl in front of him.

"MiYoung?"

"That's my name! Come on Seunghyun Oppa! Change! Change!", MiYoung throws the clothes that she prepared for him. "Take a bath okay! I'll be at the living room!", she walks out of the room leaving the confused and dazed Seunghyun by his bed. 

Thirty minutes has quickly passed by and Seunghyun hurriedly runs down the stairs. He knows that MiYoung doesn't like waiting since every second is important for them.

"I'll be going now!", he grabs MiYoung from the comfortable couch and takes her away.

"Bye!", MiYoung shouts out before the front door closes.

"Bye bye!", the cute little boy on the couch answers back while playing with the rabbit stuff toy in his hand.

"Where did you get that?", a pretty lady emerges from the kitchen and walks near the boy.

"Myong noona."

"Myong?"

 

"Fresh air!", MiYoung cutely stretches her arms as she tries to feel the warm breeze through her body. "Hey Oppa you haven't greeted me yet!", she turns her body around and faces Seunghyun.

"Nope. Why would I greet someone who bothered my deep lovely slumber?", he smirks down at her as he puts his hands on his waist.

"You're a meanie!", she grabs his cheeks and pinches it.

"Ouch!", he rubs the spot that she pinches. "Aren't you hungry?"

A loud growl sound made some noise making both of them laugh. "I guess your hungry! Let's prepare our food."

"Yes! Oppa you'll cook okay?", MiYoung slings her arm over his.

"Of course, I don't want to die.", he chuckles softly but stop when he notice that she didn't respond. "Sorry.", his expression changes to a worry and apologetic one.

MiYoung looks up to him and smiles, a smile that he haven't seen for a long time. "Yes apology accepted. Let's just not talk about it again alright?"

"Yes. Let's go!", Seunghyun pulls her hand and lead her to the kitchen.

"Oppa your phone is ringing.", MiYoung points at the phone that's place in the counter.

"Oh can you please answer it for me?", Seunghyun says as he washes his hands.

"I can't.", MiYoung answers back. "It's your phone I don't want to answer it."

Seunghyun looks at her and smiles knowingly before answering his phone call. 

"Hello?"

"In our vacation house."

"No, she's with me."

"I say she's with me. MiYoung is with me. Don't bother me okay."

He hangs up the call and places the phone in his pocket before going back to what he's doing. 

"That's mean Oppa. Isn't that Youngbae oppa?", MiYoung says as she leans her head on the kitchen counter.

"It's alright. They can understand it.", Seunghyun smiles at her.

"I miss them Oppa.", she looks away from him and stares at the swaying colorful stacks of craned papers by the stairs.

"I know. It's been a long time since you saw them right?", Seunghyun continues what he's doing while conversing with her.

"Yes. I miss Jiyong Oppa, Youngbae Oppa, Daesung Oppa, Seungri, Jessica, Hyoyeon, Sunny, Yoona and everyone. But I miss you more Oppa that's why you're the first person that I came to see as soon as I'm back here.", she smiles at him even though he can't see her.

"I know that. I'm thankful that I'm the first person that you visited.", Seunghyun stop what he's doing and went to the sink.

"I've been really lonely when I'm in the US. It's really different over there. I have no one to talk, play and joke around.", she pouts like a cute little girl.

"You have your mom, dad, Michelle noona and Leo Hyung with you right?"

"Yes, but it's different with you, the gang.", she heaves a sigh before smiling once again. "Okay let's stop this drama! Let me help you!", MiYoung stands up from her seat and voluntarily helps him.

"No! You don't know how to cook! Just sit over there.", Seunghyun pushes her back to to the stool.

"But I want too!"

"No! I'll cook for you!"

MiYoung didn't fight back as she just obeyed at what Seunghyun wants. She silently observes the way he maneuvers around the kitchen. The way he cuts the food, he stirs the ladle, everything that he does is eye catching for her.

 

11:45 PM


MiYoung and Seunghyun are sitting in the sandy beach, hands are entwined as they look at the dark starry sky above them. Both of them have been sitting over there for a couple of hours already talking about the things that have happened in the past.

"I'm sorry Oppa for leaving you in an instant.", she looks at him with tears in her eyes.

"Don't cry. I thought we should enjoy this moment? No crying just l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter