My Soulmate, My Best Friend

Life of TopFany
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Soulmate, My Best Friend

 

People are talkin', talkin' 'bout people,
I hear them whisper, you won't believe it.
They think we're lovers kept under cover,
I just ignore it but they keep sayin' we...

The two of us have been friends since our diaper years. Our moms were old friends since high school, they were glued to each other's hip even when they got married. It was my mom who conceived first, bringing out a healthy baby me on the last week of Autumn.

I vaguely remembered my mom informing me about a new playmate. A little bundle of joy that was covered in soft pink cotton blanket. She told me that once I grow up I will be the one who will protect that little doll.

Years has gone by and things happened in a fast pace. Everything, even though some are cloudy memories, that small bundle of joy became part of my life. You became part of my life. You were always with me during my special day. Never forgetting to celebrate it with me. You were always by my side through thick and thin. You were the one who keep me walking down the straight path. You were the only person who can see the real me. You were the only person who can make me feel loved, cared, protected and happy. You were the only person that I entrusted my heart and soul that's outside of my kin.

I know everything about you, you know everything about me. The two of us would never keep a secret between us. That two of us would always say what's on our mind. That the two of us will never let the other person be kept out of the dark.

I look at you. The person who was just a little bundle of joy, a fragile little baby girl is now all grown up. You are not my baby doll girl anymore. You are now a young beautiful lady- princess as you want to say.

"Oppa! Look! Look! Isn't it great we are now studying at the same school!", you twirled in front of me, happily showcasing the uniform that has my, our -‘happiness swell on my heart’ -school emblem at the right chest. "I look good right?", your brown eyes stared deeply on my own.

A small smile crept on my face. The simple and basic uniform looks elegantly good on you. The red plaid knee length skirt showed your Snow White -not like I watched that type of movie - like legs, the navy blue blazer with white long sleeves shirt hugs your petite body and a small red, white and blue stripe ribbon hangs below you collar. Your long black hair is smoothly combed.

I must have been staring at you for a long time since I can see the curiosity and worry in your beautiful eyes. I shake my head from the detailed observation that I let to slip on my mind earlier.

"Yah! Im asking you if I look good!", a small smirk form on my face as I ruffled your hair making you shout in irritation.

"Nope. You still look like the little mushroom haired middle school student.", I walk past you and started counting in my head. 1 . 2 . 3 .

"Choi Seunghyun you ugly oaf!"

A soft chuckle escape from my lips as I heard your shout from the distance. I look up at the cloudy sky as I slowdown my walk for you to catch up on me. There's no day in my life that is completed without you. Because it was always about us.


Laugh just a little too loud,
Stand just a little too close,
We stare just a little too long.
Maybe they're seein', somethin' we don't darlin'.


Half a year has passed since I started my senior high school life. I met and gained a lot of new friends. My life as a student didn't just revolve around studying. I gained happy memories that I'm sure I'll treasure for the rest of my life.

I can clearly remember the moments that was captured by my eyes. The joyful moments that I happily shared with my lovely friends. The source of my happiness, strength to move on with my life, the people who protected me.

Even though I gained some new friends I never forgot the one person that made me as I am. The one person that I have entrusted my heart and life with. The one person that guide me to the way of life. The one person who made feel protected, secured, and safe. The one person who can smash the mask that I wear to hide the real me. The one person who never let go of my hand during rough and smooth times. The one person who always stands by my side. The person who completely loves me for who I am.

I can never hide anything from you. You know the things that my parents don't know. Things that sometimes I don't even know about myself. Even though I've tried to hide myself from you, you'll easily pass by and capture me.

That's when I learned to loosen up. Then I realized we were on the same boat, I know about you more than you know yourself. It's just fair for you to know me more than I know myself.

I look at you and saw the chubby little boy that I grew up with change in to a one young handsome lad. You are not longer my cuddly care bear. You are now the Disney prince who will save it's princess from danger.

"MiYoung come on!", there you are leaning at my classroom door, a hand on your pants pocket. I immediately gather my things and bid goodbye to my friends. "Slow poke.", you playfully poke my forehead before taking my small hand to your bigger ones.

My eyes immediately lands at your broad back. The way your black trouser fits on your toned model length legs and thigh, and the white plain short sleeves shirt that hugs your body, looks perfect in any way. Your newly trimmed haired makes you more boyish. You made the plain summer school uniform good as if it was made for some fashion runway.

I felt your hand squeeze my own small ones. You softly tug me forward making me stare up to your face. I can see the look of concern and suspicion on your brown orbs. My heart unintentionally starts beating faster out of nervousness. I bite my lower lip and turn my gaze away from you.

"Is there something wrong?", you asked me with a concern tone.

I shook my head and pulled my hand away from your own warm hands. A small playful smile graze my lips as I take them off away from you. "Last one to reach the playground will buy an ice cream!" . 1 . 2 . 3 .

"Hwang MiYoung you cheater!"

I run as fast as I can away from you. A loud unladylike laugh escape from my mouth. Every day is a new chapter for us.


Let's give 'em somethin' to talk about babe,
A little mystery to figure out.
Let's give 'em somethin' to talk about,
How about love? Ooh...


Years has gone by fast to me. I am now on my second year as an Architecture student at one of my country's most prestigious university. I had already adapted with my life as a college student. Living my life away from my family, my best friend, my friends, my hometown, and away from her.

I may have been physically absent from their lives but it doesn't mean I forgot them. The world is now being led by technology. I still had my phone on my side for immediate contact. In just a click away I can tell them how much I miss everyone. How my day had gone by without them. What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter