Broken First Love

Life of TopFany
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Broken First Love

 

 

Spring of 2009

 

It's the time of the month once again. Chattering filled the long hallway, confused look from the freshman can be seen as they look for their own room, senior students proudly stands on their own feet as they gossip about stuffs that happened during their week long break, and bulletins are cramped with students looking for their new section.

 

This is the seen every time a new class semester starts. The university is alive with students who are excited to meet new people or to see their fellow classmates who've been with them for years.

 

"Let's go!", one of my best friend pat me on the back as the sound of ringing of the bell echoes throughout the school.

 

A sweet smile escape from my lips as my eyes also starts to form in a crescent like moon shape. I sling my arm over her and happily chatter about the new semester ahead of us.

 

My friends and I walk outside our classroom as soon as the lunch bell rings and proceeds to the tables near the cherry blossom tree where we always eat our lunch. Usual gossips about boys, music, fashion and food become our topic. This is our daily school lives to study, to gossip, to eat and etc.

 

I'm halfway done with my food when my eyes caught something or rather someone. Just a few feet away from us, a group of 5 handsome guys takes a seat on the empty table. Obviously they are handsome as some of the female students can't take their eyes away from them.

 

The first guy who's hair is styled in to a short clean mohawk cut looks dashing as his eyes forms a crescent like mine shape when he smiles. He's quietly talking to the person beside him who's coolly smiling. This second guy who's hair is cut out clean looks like an idol with his long thin legs and not so bulky built, smiles at the Mohawk cut hair person story. At the other side of the bench two goofy looking people are animatedly starts talking about who know what. The taller guy with eye smiles laughs out loud at the blond hair guy story. Both of them look carefree and easy to approach.

 

But out of the 5 there's only one person who captures my eyes and a bit of my heart caught my attention. The tallest among them coldly and quietly sits on the bench. His busy sipping the strawberry milk tetra-pack on his hand as he observes the surrounding. For others who will not observe him deeply, the eyes of this guy show no expression, but on my part I can see a bored and longing look on his face. He must have noticed someone's looking at him as he tilts his head towards me.

 

Eyes are lock at each other.

 

His dark orbs are slowly creeping to my soul.

 

My heart starts beating fast as I look away from him. 

 

I bite my lips in embarrassment.

 

That's when I realized that I'm in love.

 

 

Half a year passed by since I felt my heart race for the first time. My friends notice the sudden change in me. Curiosity strikes them as they kept on asking me about my changes. I realized that I can't keep everything to myself so I spilled out my secret.

 

Squeals and hoots surrounds me as soon as I finish my story. Everyone rejoices since it's the first time that I fell in love. Being the lovable friends that they are, all of them helped me to gather some information about him. Within a week of embarrassing question and answer with some students I learned the small details about him.

 

The guy who caught my heart is named Choi Seunghyun. The only son of famous art museum director Jang and architecture firm CEO Choi. He's a junior who's taking up Architectural Engineering in our University. The guys who are always with him are his childhood friends namely, Youngbae, Jiyong, Daesung and Seungri. 

 

We also asked about his personality and everyone that we asked will say the same thing about him. 

 

He's a guy who doesn't know how to smile.

 

He's a guy who doesn't know how to laugh.

 

He's a guy who can sit quietly for an hour.

 

He doesn't have any friends aside from the four.

 

He only talks if it's about in relation to his studies.

 

Lastly,

 

He hates being touch or even be near by girls.

 

The last part made me almost give up my feelings. He's a cold and aloof guy that nobody can touch. I was ready to throw my feelings away even if it hurts. But my friends didn't let me lose my hope.

 

"Fight unnie! Fight for your feelings!"

 

"Never give up! That's your motto right!"

 

"We'll stand by your side and support you!"

 

Thus my daily routine still happens.

 

Everyday my girls and I will eat at the same exact location. 

 

Everyday Seunghyun and his friend will sit by the table in front of us.

 

Everyday he'll drink that sweet looking strawberry milk as his eyes look afar.

 

Everyday my friends will quietly tease me to him.

 

Everyday I try to shrug them off as the shy person in me doesn't like the obvious teasing.

 

Everyday his friends will loudly laugh at some jokes made by his friend.

 

Everyday he'll turn his head to where I am seating.

 

Everyday our eyes will connect.

 

And everyday my heart keeps on beating faster as I slowly start to fall in love with him more and more.

 

I knew that I did the right thing by not giving up. That I shouldn't believe what those people hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter