Be happy and smile

Be happy and smile

you took the deepest breath she ever took in her life and press send. She knows that Hyunseung is only into womanly, long-haired, girl, and cute girl…and she’s all the opposite of his type. But…you  really wants to tell him after all these years gathering her courage to finally tell him. Her phone confirmed the text message was already sent, now she wished she didn’t send the text message after all. NoNoNoNoNo.I MUST NOT regret! I must tell him. Will he come? He will come right?

The text message to Hyunseung :

Hyunseung hyung, I need to tell you something. Can you come to the place when we were kids? Under the big tree. Tomorrow evening, okay? Bye~ 

------End of text message------

*Flashback*

you~~~~~~ Where are y~~~ou~~~” Hyunseung called out. They were playing hide and seek, and since there were only two of them in the house they took turns hiding while he other seeks. As soon as Hyunseung passed you’s hiding spot, she jumped on him and he screams like a girl.

you!! You gave me a heart attack!” 

youlaughed so hard until her stomach hurt.

“Oh,haha. Laugh all you want.” Hyunseung says crossing his arms.

“You screamed like a girl~~”

Hyunseung’s face becomes pink.

“ ‘You give me a heart attack~’ Kids don't have a heart attack!”

you continued laughing at him. Hyunseung’s face became red.

“AISH! You- I’m older than you! Respect me! I’m your oppa!”

you stopped laughing immediately. Her face turned into disgust, and she made a puking motion.

Oppa? Onii-san? I’m okay. Sure. Hyung? Yes. Of course. But. Not. Oppa.”

Why?”

“I can give you three reason :

1.      It’s ‘eew’

2.      It’s for girls.

3.      It’s…still ‘eew’”                                           

What? Okay. Lemme give you 3 reasons why you should call me oppa.

1.      It’s not ‘eew’

2.      You. Are. A.GIRL.

3.      This is Korea! It’s illegal to call a guy older than you hyung and not oppa. !”

you blinked, and shrugged like it was nothing. Hyunseung who cant stand it anymore flick on her forehead.

“OW!”

“FI~~~~~~NE. Call me whatever you want!”

Hyunseung stomps away while you rubs her forehead and runs to him.

*End of flashback*

youlaughs at the thought. That’s how the ‘hyung’ sticks. Her girl friends call her weird for calling him that, but she doesn’t like the term oppa.

 

The next day

you  keeps on looking at her watch. It’s 4pm. It’s not even evening for Hyunseung yet. 5pm is evening for him. He doesn't know the difference between night and evening. you  sits on the bench under the tree waiting for Hyunseung. One hour passed, and now it’s 5pm. starts to get dry and her hands starts to sweat.

But.

She waited and waited. She’s convincing herself that Hyunseung is stuck at a traffic jam. But her heart starts to doubt. So when the clock strikes 10, she left her spot and went home.

youthrow herself at the couch, when suddenly her phone rang.

“Yeobseo?”

you-ah~ It’s hyung~ Something incredible just happened!”

“Ahh…Shinja? What’s the incredible something?”

“Sooyoung-ie and I are……ENGAGED!”

“En-Engaged? You guys were…”

“Ah. Mian. I’m so so so sorry I didn’t tell you~ You would’ve gotten mad at me and she’s actually really nice~”

“…”

I need…to take a breath. Engaged? He proposed? Ah. Hyung. Jebal. 

A tear slipped out from the corner of her eye, she wiped it as fast as she could, as if Hyunseung was there with her.

you? Yeobseo?”

“Ah,hyung. Mian. I was eating. You proposed? H-How?”

“It was actually really romantic. I booked a first-class restaurant, rose petals, champagne. Dinner under the stars. Did I mention the scented candles? It. Was. AMAZING. And I put the ring on a cake. I told her she could eat the cake but she says she wants to slim up for our wedding day!How amazing is that?”

“Yuck. It sounds BOR-------------ING.”

“YAH.you.”

“AISH~ I was just kidding around~ I’m so proud of you~ Congratulations~”

“(*laughs*) I have to go. I’ll see you tomorrow, ‘kay? Bye~~ Sleep tight~”

The call ended. you found herself trembling. She breathed in and out, calming herself as well as pushing back her tears.

So we skip to the day where Hyunseung’s the happiest man alive.

The wedding was held at a church,  red petals on the aisle and the white suit. Hyunseung was greeting the guest, but he didn't find you

.* Beep. You have a text message*

The text message to Hyunseung

Hyung, I am so sorry I cant come to the wedding. If I knew earlier, I would’ve canceled my ticket. But it was a once in a life time chance. Ah. Did you know that I was going to confess to you on the day you proposed? I told you to come to the big tree, but you had…plans. But, it’s okay. So anyways, I really want to get good marks on my studies there, I hope you don't contact me for the time being. I don't know when I’ll be back to Korea but please just remember me as a childhood friend that has moved. Hyung, congrats again for the wedding. Follow your dream in becoming a dancer. And, be happy and smile always.                            

                                                                                                                   Yours, you

End of text message

Hyunseung ran to the bride’s room. He slam the door open.

“Get out. Everyone get out.”

The girls inside all just ignore him.

“I SAID GET OUT!”

He locks the door behind him after everyone was out, except for him and his wife-to-be.

“Oppa! Didn’t you know the tradition to not see the bride before the wedding?! It’ll bring bad luck!”

Hyunseung glared at her.

“You deleted the message didn’t you?!”

“What message- Ah. The girl that wants you to go somewhere with her. Tch. What kind of girl calls men hyung? She’s so weird.”

“Forget about it.”

“About what?”

“Forget about this stupid wedding.”

Hyunseung stormed off and hurries to the airport.

*at the Airport*

He ran to the nearest ticket counter.

“The flight to England, has it depart?”

“Uh…England…y-yes. Awhile ago.”

Hyunseung slumped on the ground, covering his face with his hands, as tears of regret run down  to his cheeks.

“Mianhae, you"