(_|_)

Smile For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Otay! Here we are! Time to play!”

 

The little girl squatted down to unlatch her dog’s leash and put it inside her pocket. She petted her dog’s head and pointed at a direction.

 

“Chase! Chase! Otay?”

 

“Woof! Woof!”

 

“Otay!”

 

She stood up and did a little stretch for her legs. While she was on it, her dog was running in circles around her feet and even tried to squeeze itself in between the little space of her legs. She laughed at it and started to run away from her pet as soon as she finished stretching. The little one was playing chase with her dog around the park like she always does every evening after her afternoon nap. But today, it was a different ordinary day for her.

 

“Jajaja! Catch me if you ca–”

 

Thud!

 

She fell on the ground in which she gave out a groan and touched her leg that was giving her a sudden rush of pain. She started to cry as soon as the uncomfortable feeling she felt on her ankle worsened.

 

“Umma!” She cried out loud yet unfortunately for her, she was too far from where her mother was. Her dog kept on barking at her worryingly while running around her.

 

“Oi!”

 

The little girl paused from crying when someone came to her. It was another girl, probably the same age as her. “Wae you cry cry?!” The stranger asked her yet she did not give any respond but pointed at her leg which she knew was injured at this point.

 

“Woof! Woof!” Her dog started to bark at the unfamiliar face.

 

“Oi!” The stranger looked at the dog and calmed it down by petting its head. “Chill, chill…”

 

Seeing that her dog was already comfortable with the stranger’s presence, she felt left out. “Aye, aye…” She pulled the end of the stranger’s shirt, trying to grab the girl’s attention. When the stranger looked at her, she pointed at her leg again.

 

“It hurts…”

 

“Oh!” The stranger realized that the girl was more important than the dog now and started to look at the girl’s leg. “It hurts?

 

She nodded furiously and continued to point her leg again. “It hurts.”

 

“Otay then.” The stranger turned around and patted her back. “Climb up, chingu!”

 

The injured one hesitated at first but she ended up climbing on the stranger’s back and was given a piggyback ride instantly. She wrapped her arms around the stranger’s neck and rested her chin on the stranger’s shoulder. The stranger stood up on her feet and happily walked around with the injured girl on her back.

 

“Chingu yah, what’s your name?”

 

“Uhm….Taeyeon….”

 

“Otay! Where to, Teh-yon shi?”

 

Taeyeon sniffed. “Umma…”

 

“Otay! Where is umma?”

 

Taeyeon craned her head around the park to find her mother. When she found a familiar figure nearby, she pointed at the direction afterwards. “Umma! Umma!”

 

“Otay!”

 

“Ginger! Come on!” Taeyeon signalled her dog to come with her as the stranger was walking towards the direction where she pointed.

 

“Jinjer nugu?” The stranger asked.

 

Taeyeon pointed at her dog that was already ahead of them. “Ginger.”

 

“Oh!”

 

….

 

“Chingu yah, what’s your name?”

 

“Oh! Hyoyeon.”

 

“Ho-yon?”

 

“Heeeyoooo-yeeeooon!”

 

“Oh! Oh! Heeeeyoooo-yeeeooonn!”

 

Hyoyeon nodded in agreement at Taeyeon’s attempt to call her name. As they arrived at the place where Taeyeon’s mother was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter