Welcome to America

My Uncle Blade

  “C’mon baby girl it's time to go,” Nanami heard Aiesha say softly

The plane ride was pretty much a blur for Nanami she simply remembered sitting next to her uncle’s girlfriend and then falling asleep, and then waking up a little bit and going back to sleep. Each time she woke up she wished that everything was a dream, that she was back home curled up under her mother’s fluffy dark brown covers and that her mother was waiting for her ready to shower her with hugs and kisses. Unfortunately that was never the case, this wasn’t a dream and her mother was never coming back.

  “Where are we?” Nanami asked

   “We are in the grand slam ATL!” Aiesha replied skipping a bit, “Hashtag my homeland whoop whoop”

   “Calm down.” Blade said frowning at her.

Aiesha shrugged and walked toward the inside of the airport.

   “This isn’t where we live anyways.”

   “I wish it was though! Boy if your uncle let us live out here instead of Florida I’m telling you everything would be so much happier.”

Blade simply rolled his eyes.

   “Why is ATL so great?” Nanami asked.

Aiesha’s face lit up. “ Well because Georgia is for families.”

   “Georgia?”

   “Oh this state, the state we’re in now is Georgia. The city is ATL, well ATL stands for Atlant… you’ll learn about it in school hun,” Aiesha said tiring herself out.

   “MR. RANGER. MR FORD RANGER,”

Blade got up from where he was sitting and grabbed Aiesha's forearm. He quickly began moving towards the man who was yelling.

   “C’mon thats us.”

Aiesha rolled her as she tried to keep up with Blade while holding the little girl’s hand. When the had finally caught up to the man who was calling them, Nanami noticed that he was a lanky middle aged man with hair the color of salt and pepper. He seemed very intimidating and he was frowning at them.

   “Are you Mr. Ranger?” the man asked Blade.

   “Yes that’s me.”

Nanami was confused, she thought his name was blade not Ford Ranger. However giving it more thought she realized that blade honestly didn’t sound like a real name. It may have just been a nickname he was accustomed to or something of that nature. They all began to walk towards the pickup and drop off area.

   “Your car is this way sir,” The man said walking a little bit farther than them.

   “ So Ford Ranger huh,” Aiesha said smirking at Blade.

   “Look I didn’t come up with that name.”

Aiesha giggled, “Mhm. I could’ve guessed that

   “Wait here sir.” the man said walking off.

Blade nodded to him.

   “Well you could have gotten a better guy to pick us up.”

Blade sat silently.

   “ He didn’t even give us a name. For  all I know he's a family trafficker.”

Blade looked at her for a while before replying, “You literally complain about everything.”

   “Well you always give me something to complain about,” she said crossing her arms.

From then on, until the man came back with the car they all stood there silently. When he did pull up he was in black lincoln navigator.

   “Woah a truck! I’m surprised that you didn’t choose something smaller,” Aiesha said climbing in the back seat and sitting the girl in the middle.

  “ I did,” He said under his breath.