Cinderella

Twins
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Cinderella

"No, Cinderella, you have no clothes, and you don't know how to dance. Everyone would only laugh at you."

 

It was like any normal day at school. The students were chattering and some were busy stuffing their face in books and completing their works. The door to the classroom opened and came in the homeroom teacher— Ms Gong. She was holding her books as she went to the desk that is in front of the class.

She placed her book down while the class president— Kim Junmyeon or rather known as Suho stood up and greeted her, the others then followed suit. “We have a new transfer student today.” Ms Gong said but there was some uneasiness showing in her eyes.

“And she looks like someone we all know though let’s just welcome her, shall we?” She said with a small smile as the door to the classroom open again and came in a girl in platinum blonde hair. Students that were seated at the front row could clearly see who she is and there were sound of gasps coming out of their mouth. Disbelieve-ness was clearly shown.

The transfer student stop and turn around, showing herself clearly to the whole class, her eyes empty as she bow out of courtesy, “Jung Eunbyul.” That was all that came out from her red cherry lips. Her pale skin complexion almost have the same colour as her hair.

There standing in front of the class was someone that all of the students in this class knew so well. Someone that they were so used to but there is in no way that she can be standing in front of the class as the girl that they knew weren’t alive.

She’s dead— buried 6ft deep inside the ground.

Shouldn’t she be inside the ground? Un-alive and un-breathing? The students couldn’t believe what they were seeing.

“Isn’t Eunbi dead?”

“We saw it with our own eyes that she’s buried deep down inside.”

“What is this?”

“Is she playing a prank on us?”

Murmurs from the students could be heard and even the transfer student could hear it but she doesn’t know anything. For as far as Jung Eunbyul know, she just met them for the first time.

Did Cinderella come back to life?

 “Ah.. Miss Jung here just transferred from Seoul High. You can sit beside Mr Byun over there.” Ms Gong said and the said guy raised his hand to tell her that it was him. The girl nodded and walk her way towards her seat.

“Byun Baekhyun.” The guy said and she only gave him a small nod as an acknowledgement and class adjourn as usual.

 

 

Clearly someone was looking at her— well everyone is but there were occasional glances towards the person that is sitting behind her, which is actually someone who knew the so called Eunbi more than anyone.

That someone was clearly observing her every moves and watching with disbelieve-ness in his eyes. For the female who sat in front of him is someone who meant dearly to him, for Kim Myungsoo is the boyfriend to Lee Eunbi. The deceased Lee Eunbi that everyone is currently talking about. For him, it was impossible to see someone so identical to the girl that he loves and care so dearly. To see her in front of his eyes was something that he had wished for the past 7 months.

The death of the girl wasn’t exactly something that he had completely accept but at the same time he is slowly accepting but maybe, maybe she’s still alive after all.

 “She looks exactly like Eunbi right?” His seatmate— Kim Jongin asked though it is more like a statement to the dearly Myungsoo’s ears.

Throughout the lessons, Kim Myungsoo couldn’t even pay attention to the things that is being taught to him as he is too deeply engrossed looking at the girl sitting in front of her. Staring at her straight platinum blonde hair that she had decided to finally tie it up in a some sort of a messy bun, to her nape and was that a tattoo that he saw. He wasn’t sure as her shirt collar and some hair were covering it but he could clearly see that there was a black line on her back except that he couldn’t exactly make it out.

The school bell ring and it signalled that it is now lunch break but instead of how they would usually do, which is heading out to the cafeteria, they start to gather around the new student, asking her questions such as, “Why do you leave Seoul High?” “You came from a prestigious school.” “You’re so pretty.” “Is this your real hair colour?” The girl answered them all with just one word for each questions.

Kim Myungsoo had hope that someone would asked her about Eunbi but no one did. Well that is until Byun Baekhyun decided to ask, “Do you know someone by the name of Lee Eunbi?” Myungsoo waited for her answer— well everyone did with anticipation but her answer was short, “Do I have to?”

Everyone was laughing awkwardly and asked her other questions. Soon lunch break end and lessons continue until school ends. Everyone was excited when the school bell rang and they were out of the class except for a couple of students including Myungsoo and his friends. The class president and his assistant, and the nerd. Everyone else were gone or so he had thought.

Suho came to the girl’s seat and told her that he was in charge of giving her a tour, with him was his assistant or his right hand— Krystal Jung. Then the three were gone. The nerd— Kim Taehyung also got up and left to his usual place, the library. All that is left in the class is Myungsoo and three of his closest friend, aren’t they?

“Usual place?” Jongin asked to which Baekhyun responded with an apology along with saying that he have a date with his girlfriend. Myungsoo where else also said sorry but that was all he said. Well the male wasn’t in his best mood, although with the arrival of someone identical should have lift up his mood but no it didn’t. He was rather more grouchy than usual.

“We’re here for you buddy.” Youngjae gave him a pat at his back. They knew why he was exceptionally quiet. Everyone in the class know as it is exactly 7 months after her death. Everyone know how Kim Myungsoo would always go to the cemetery and place a bouquet of Baby Breath’s. It had also been the flower that he always gave to her as what he had said once, “It reminded me of you, your innocence and pureness.” but one more thing it also meant his everlasting love for her.

Here Kim Myungsoo stands in front of his beloved Lee Eunbi. He kneeled down and place the flower on her grave and he place his hand on her gravestone.

Lee Eunbi

June 1997 – November 2014

Most beloved daughter and friend

He traces the words and bitterly smile, “Hey beautiful. There’s a new student in class and she looks just like you. From head to toe but I know that’s not you. Everyone was fussing about how she looks like you. I also though

Please log in to read the full chapter