Wind Breeze

Shooting Star

A hopeless love.

Define it for me, can you?

•••••

Do you remember?
In the book you used to quietly read to me
Our names were engraved inside
I thought we would last forever
But we're slowly fading

•••••

Afternoon, July 5th 2014

"CHO SEUNGYEON COME HERE YOU BRATTT!!"  A girl with chubby cheeks ran over the school, searching a guy with brown light hair that always bounce when he's running. And they got into the library. "CHO SEUNGㅡ"

"Sttt! Cant you see the rules of the library?!" The librarian put his pointing finger on his lips, told them to be quiet.

"Ye...joesonghaeyo." she quietly walked in, kept searching for the thin figure who has brown light hair no other than that Cho Seungyeon guy. "Cho Seungyeon, you die!" She cursed under her breath and stopped in front a table, found Seungyeon grinning at her.

"Shoo, you cant speak loud okay? Here, i bought you a book you wanted so bad." He passed the book, the Theory of Everything; Travelling to Infiniry. "Thats quite expensive since it wasnt the translated one. I know you like the english one better. Happy birthday, Park Jimin."

She smiled. Opened the front page,

dear my bestfriend, Park Jimin. 
Happy birthday...
your dearest friend, Yeon.

•••••

We were just so good
But why did we become like this?
Can't we turn things around?

•••••

Afternoon, September 17th 2015

"Hey Yeon, walk home togethㅡ" she stopped at her words, saw the girl sat behind the guy with the bicycle. "ㅡer?" the pain shotted right on her stomach, she shouldnt feel this kind of thing. She cant fall for her bestfriend. She'd be hurt. "Oh~ well i see. Have a nice date Yeon!" She smiled at her bestfriend, left him with smile on his lips and started to cycling his bicycle with that girl hold her waist like she used to do.

Afternoon, September 18th 2015

"Hey Yeon! This is friday, how aboutㅡ"

"Sorry Min, i cant...i have a promise withㅡ"

"Alright, maybe next time."

Morning, September 19th 2015

"Yeon!"

"Hi Min, what's up?"

"Quite bored, how about searching for ice cream like we ㅡ"

"Sorry Min, a messaga just came saying that i need to be there as soon as possible. Sorry Min, sorry...maybe next time?" and he left.

"ㅡused to."

Morning, September 21st 2015

to. 연아 
08:46A.M Sept, 21st 2015
Yeon, school together?

Before she press the send button, she saw Seungyeon with that girl, riding same bicycle with smile plestered on both of their faces. I should join them with my bike! She took out her bike and started to riding it toward them. "Hello guys, good morning!" She said with smile.

Both Seungyeon and the girl smiled back and back to their conversation. Left her standing still without riding the bike. Okay, Min, you're okay. You're okay.

•••••

I still have the letter that I shyly wrote
With slightly ugly handwriting
I thought we would never change
I hate sad endings
Just come to me with a smile

•••••

July 5th, 2011

My bestfriend Min!
No one like you, i like your style!
Happy birthday~
From, Yeonie.

July 5th, 2012

My dearest best friend, Park Jimin
Happy 16th birthday gurl!!
Your Yeon Yeon Ah

July 5th, 2013

My dearest best friend, Min Ji Park
Well, Ji Park, G-Park, Min(us) Ji Park! Keke happy birthday gurl
Handsome guy, Cho Seungyeon

July 5th, 2014

Dear my bestfriend, Park Jimin
Happy birthday...
Your dearest friend, Yeon.
P.S; treat me ice cream!

July 5th, 2015

Happy birthday Park Jimin, i wish you well. - Yeon.

••••

Hold my hand, hold my hand tight
Hug me once more
No matter how many times you say it's ok and comfort me
Tears keep falling at the thought of you

••••

Watched you from here was actually fine, you were happy with her. So me too. "Park Jimin!" A familiar voice came from the front door, July 5th 2014.

"Park Jimin! Treat me ice cream!!" A paper ball out of nowhere arrived, the guy over there is just planted his face on his window's glass.

"Come here! I have a big cup of your favorite!"

22th September 2015

"Jimin-ssi, are you okay? You have been reaching out for around one hour!" A guy who sat next to her shook his hand in front of her. "Let's go to the infirmary." She nodded and followed the guy.

That seat used to be Yeon's seat. But he, asked to change it. They walked in front of them who chatted with smile.

Infirmary

"I'll tell the teacher so you dont need to be worry, okay, Jimin?" She nodded again at him.

"Thanks Wenhan."

"Yeah, anytime. Anyway, is there any problem between you and Yeon?"

She shook her head, smiled and lied. "No~ of course no!"

"Really? Well, okay if you said so. Get well soon Jimin, rest well okay? Dont reach out too much,the spirit will enter your body if you do that~"

"Hey! What do you mean by that?"

"I'm just kidding. Rest well kay? Imma back to the class." She smiled and waved her hand at him. Laid his body on the infirmary's bed. Starred at the infirmary's sky. Are you, really changed? "Min?" A familiar voice came from the back of the curtain.

"Sup?"

"Are you okay Min? Did Wenhan talk to much to you?"

"No, no need to be worry. How about Seungah? Where's she?"

"She's in the class."

"Ah...i see, you should be there then, she'll search for you."

"Are you really okay? Here? Alone?"

"Yeah, no need to worry Yeon. I'll just ask Yerin to come here." He nodded and left the room without a word.

He sure changed. Like, a lot.

••••

The shooting star over there
It feels like it's talking to me
It's the last time, so I got ready to say goodbye
I said goodbye to the wind blowing from faraway
Then the tears started to fall

•••••

Is this goodbye? Yeon, i still count you as my bestest friend. Why cant you do the same?

I like you, since we were fifteen. But you, always look for that girl. She's beautiful right? Have good attitude, good grade. What about me? I'm the opposite. I'll never get your attention. Thank you, Yeon. The tears fell on that night, while starring at the night sky that full of stars.

Its the last time. Before i go, i wish you're happy. Yeon.

This letter that full of star, i gave you this.

••••

Don't forget about you and me
You can't forget about you and me
It's the last time but I can't believe this is it
I said goodbye to the wind that blew over as if to comfort me
Then the tears started to fall

••••

My hopeless love, ended up here.

Washington, July 3rd 2023

fr. Unknown number
06:44A.M, July 3rd 2023
Jimin, this is Yibo. When will you come to Korea again?

to. Yibo
06:46A.M, July 3rd 2023
I think, this evening, why?

fr. Yibo
06:49A.M, July 3rd 2023
Yeon is getting married with Seungah.

to. Yibo
06:52A.M, July 3rd 2023
When?

fr. Yibo
06:55A.M, July 3rd 2023
Its July 5th, on xxx hotel, 4 P.M

Seoul, July 5th 2023

She walked toward the xxx hotel, right at 3:30 P.M. Heard the familiar voice welcoming the guests, "Thank you for coming. Please congratulate me." And now was her turn. "Congratulation for your marriage, Yeon. I'm happy for you." While hold on her tears.

••••

Dear Cho Seungyeon.

I know, i know it so well. I know. Today is 5 years before this letter will arrive, when this letter arrive to you, i hope you can still read my handwriting that is ugly. Well, yeah. Today is July 5th 2011. Will you remember? Haha i dont know you will.

In 5 years, i'm afraid you'll find another girl. I'm afraid you'll leave me behind because youre too busy with the girl. Later, maybe i'll understand. But dont, dont leave me alone. I got diagnose for rare illness, they said, they dont know the ill really well. So please, please. Dont leave me.

Please.

Well, i dont know. I dont know what'll be later. I dont know.

••••

Dear Yeon.

They said, its only one week more. 
I heard, about your wedding. 
I'm sorry Yeon.

••••

Dear Yeon.

It has been five days, congratulation for your wedding. You sure happy because you picked my birthday date as your wedding day! Hehe

Be happy with Seungah, protect her. Like i protected you from the far.

I love you.

••••

"I'm sorry for your loss," be happy, Yeon.

July 5th, 2023

••••

August 5th, 2002

"Lets make a promise Min! We'll never leave each other's side! Promise?"

"Okay! We'll always be together, Yeon!"

But you lied.