(_|_)

In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If this 3000+ words one-shot is not enough then Idk anymore -_\

 

Before anything, my name is Yoona.

 

It was not that long ago when I discovered that I have a sixth sense. And so, I claimed myself as a medium; someone who can see and talk with the afterlife–

 

The dead.

 

Yeah. Crazy, isn’t it?

 

At first, I was not used to see normal people like myself walking and passing through the people who are still lingering around on Earth that they all and used to live in.

 

Came to think of it, it was hella creepy back then.

 

The only difference was the dimensions that they and we were in. And clearly these spirits are not resting in peace.

 

However as time passes by, I’m no longer afraid of them.

 

I knew it myself that I have no way out of this.

 

Sigh.

 

Bummer.

 

Anyway, not too long ago, I met someone who was not afraid of my ability to see the dead. Yuri is the only one who is brave enough to be with me.

 

I just want to thank her so much for not screaming at my face whenever there was a presence of a spirit.

 

Love you, Yul.

 

I realized that whoever touches me, they can actually see what I see.

 

Feel what I feel.

 

Hear what I hear from the other dimension.

 

Yuri thinks it’s cool.

 

It’s not, actually.

 

But sometimes, I’m happy to own such capability.

 

Sometimes.

 

I can use it for help purposes.

 

Like, how Yuri’s late dance partner was following her around before we met.

 

It was revealed that her dance partner was killed in a car accident.

 

Yuri lost her passion for dancing when her fellow dance mate was gone.

 

But lucky Yul, I exist.

 

It was a heartfelt experience I got to say.

 

And now she’s happily grooving ever after.

 

With me in the background, supporting her.

 

<3

 

So every day of my life, there will always be a story being unfold.

 

Always.

 

….

 

….

 

….

 

/Psst! author, it’s your queue!/

 

Oh right.

 

 

“Yul.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Kiss me.”

 

Yuri shot a look at her girlfriend when she averted her attention from her phone. “Wha–”

 

~~Kiss~~~

 

“Sorry.” Yoona sat up straight once she noticed the eyes that were on her were gone. “ert ghost alert.”

 

Yuri nodded in understood. “A–Are there anymore around? Do you want to get out from here?”

 

Yoona pecked on Yuri’s cheek. “I’m fine.”

 

“Okay.” Yuri passed the dog leash to her girlfriend. “I hope there’s a restroom nearby.”

 

“There is one over there.” Yoona pointed a location.

 

“I’ll be right back.”

 

“Have fun releasing.”

 

“Yah!” Yuri slapped her girlfriend’s before she ran to find a restroom.

 

Yoona looked down on her feet and gave the leash a little shake. “Take me somewhere, Hani.”

 

“Woof!”

 

Yoona took a stroll around the park with the dog while waiting for Yuri’s return. They came to a stop near the playground, where there were benches to sit.

 

“Let’s wait here.” She tied the leash on the bench’s armrest and took out her phone to text Yuri, telling her whereabouts.

 

“Woof! Woof!”

 

Yoona shifted her head to the left. There was a black dog two benches away, barking while running in circles around its owner’s legs.

 

“Chill, Ginger, Chill!”

 

The dog sat down. Its tail was wiggling happily while it was looking up to its owner. It made Yoona to smile.

 

“How cute.”

 

The owner was on the phone with someone and there was another person sitting next to her, smiling down at the happy dog. Yoona was about to look away when suddenly something caught her attention.

 

“Ginger! Up here, boy!”

 

The dog jumped onto the bench and the girl with the long blonde hair disappeared instantly. Yoona was stunned on what she had just witnessed.

 

Of course, it did not took her long to realize it was a spirit.

 

Meanwhile, the owner with the short blonde hair was still oblivious of Yoona’s presence. “Here’s your treat!”

 

“Gosh….” Yoona tried to calm her startled heart.

 

When she looked at the owner and the dog again, the spirit returned to them. It was now standing in front of them, still had the same smile from earlier.

 

It got Yoona to feel curious about the spirit. “Hmm…”

 

She kept her eyes on the spirit until it turned its head to look at her. Yoona’s eyes widened when she made an eye-contact with the spirit. Surprised because of it, Yoona looked away.

 

“Hani,” She picked up quickly and hugged the dog. “Please don’t come to me, please don’t come to me.”

 

Once Yoona was sure of herself that the spirit was gone, she looked up and only to be greeted by the owner being by the dog.

 

Phew.

 

“Hello.”

 

….!

 

Yoona slowly craned her head to her right, following the source of the voice.

 

And there the spirit was.

 

“Can you see me?”

 

“Ah!” Yoona scooted away to the other end of the bench and used Hani to block her face from the spirit. “Hani, bark her off from me!”

 

“You can!”

 

“I can’t!”

 

“You do!”

 

“No!”

 

Silence.

 

Yoona lowered the happy Hani from covering her face. “Is she gone?”

 

“Woof!”

 

“You do!”

 

“AH!” Yoona had to move to the other end of the bench again when she realized the ghost was behind her. The spirit laughed at her and it got her to huff a pout. “Don’t do that!”

 

“See? You’re even talking to me!”

 

Yoona kept mum. Eyes at the spirit in front of her. She was about to ask something but the spirit suddenly looked behind,

 

At the owner and the dog.

 

“I noticed that you were looking at them….at us.”

 

Silence.

 

The spirit looked back at Yoona. “Do you know who she is?”

 

“Well,” Yoona put down Hani on the ground and gave it a treat. “I would have gone and greet her if I knew her.”

 

The spirit only nodded with a smile.

 

“Your sister?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

Yoona nudged her chin at the owner. “Her.”

 

“Do we look more like sisters?”

 

“I don’t know.” Yoona scratched her head. “Just guessing…”

 

The spirit giggled. “She’s my lover.”

 

A wave of sadness rushed inside the breathing one. “Oh…”

 

Silence.

 

“I’m sorry.” Yoona gazed at the spirit.

 

“It’s alright.” The spirit waved her off. “By the way, I’m Taeyeon!”

 

“Yoona.”

 

Taeyeon smiled. “That’s a nice name.”

 

“What’s hers?” Yoona again looked at the owner.

 

“Hyoyeon.” Taeyeon said with a sad tone.

 

“….Are you sure you guys are not sisters?”

 

Taeyeon laughed. “Yes, I’m sure, Yoona shi.”

 

Yoona smiled. They were silent again as Taeyeon kept on looking over Hyoyeon and the dog. The medium noticed this and instantly tried to grab Taeyeon’s attention again. “And the dog?”

 

“Oh! That’s Ginger.” Taeyeon smiled toothily at Yoona. “Originally mine but now….” She trailed off slowly.

 

“…I’m sorry.”

 

Taeyeon shook her head. “It’s okay!” She glanced down at her hands, clasping

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter