Whole Life

I'll be your Eyes Extra

 

 

It was a chilly, gloomy Saturday and the various well feed clouds refused to let the majority of the human population develop the urge to tread outside their sanctuary called home. Heavy rain seemed to provoke the environment as it fearlessly clashed onto the various objects before turning everything into a dirty wet scenario. Plants were mercilessly attacked and forced to bend in an uncomfortable angle. Moreover if they were too frail or small to withstand the assault death sadly wasn’t avoidable.

A thin dandelion which was growing in a white pot situated on Minji’s windowsill was about to meet the same cruel destiny. However before the heartless rain was able to destroy it the owner hurriedly took the small plant out of the lethal environment’s reach. Lovingly I witnessed how Minji placed it on her desk while throughout an amiable smile danced on her pretty face.

Since a few weeks I could observe how my girlfriend took care of a hawkbit. A flower which in my eyes wasn’t really blessed with beauty. Therefore I wasn’t able to comprehend why Minji would choose a dandelion over an orchid or a rose.

“You have a strange taste.”

Hearing my voice she immediately averted her gaze from the said plant to give me her full attention.

“I know it isn’t the prettiest flower. However it has the purest heart.”
“What do you mean?”

The second Minji let the sentence hang in the room I sensed how a puzzled countenance materialize on my face. Must have detected my confusion I saw how she broke our eye contact to adore the skinny flower while offering me the explanation.

“It fulfills wishes and my biggest one was granted by this petit being.”
“What did you wish for?”

Instead of quenching my curiosity Minji swiftly walked towards the big bed that I was still sitting on before carelessly flopping down on it. Without hesitation she shifted over to my side and leaned her head on my shoulder. A habit she had picked up way before we started our love relationship. Slightly craning her head upwards to look into my eyes she smiled brightly at me.

“Sorry but that is a secret only me and the flowers will know.”

I was about to try luring the secret out of the red haired girl when she pointed excitingly at the big TV.

“Look Mulan is running.”

Witnessing how Minji’s eyes literally started gleaming the second she was aware of the fact that a Disney Movie was playing, I couldn’t prevent a chuckle to escape my lips. Due to the fact that my current girlfriend loves Disney movies and always seemed to get rejuvenated by them, the sudden loss of her attention didn’t surprise me. Even though she already watched the film a few times it never failed to steal her attention over and over again.

I didn’t mind her love for these kinds of movies and truthfully I found that uniqueness rather cute. For the sole reason that every time her eyes caught sight of the animation she magically seemed to resemble a glowing globe. Radiating happiness and infecting her surrounding with contentment. Just seeing her smile and being enveloped in a jovially condition send me in a state of pure serenity.

Now being deprived from the female’s attention I grabbed the opportunity to admire the cherubic female that these days constituted my world. Though how I wished I was able to say since years as it took me for my liking way too long to realize that my complementary part was actually always right beside me.

She was there whenever I was down and offered me a small but strong shoulder to lean on. Never once letting sadness being heir over me for a long time and not once letting tears drip down my face. Under no circumstance did the thought of looking at me in a disincline view cross her mind. She was my guardian angel who without hesitation would sacrifice her own private live and dignity if it meant getting my well-being as the exchange. Throughout just silently absorbing all the allegations I falsely directed at her like a sponge and not even once asking for gratitude.

I affectionately caressed the red long locks that perfectly highlighted her angelic face. While letting my hand glide through the silky hair did I become aware of the fact that it was slightly softer than Jina’s superb head of hair. Now having realized the small but perceivable difference made the emotion guilt that figuratively became my best friend, consume my mind once more.

It shocked me that I didn’t notice that throughout the harsh time it was actually Minji who bravely remained beside me instead of Jina. The twin I mistakenly thought was the small but robust light that always lightened up my pitch black world. A light that made protecting me its duty while safely guiding me through the terrific darkness that had clouded my life for a while. Moreover an ominous nightmare which vines claimed me in an iron wrath and evoked fear and the feeling of inferiority. Though how wrong I was. The truth exposed itself as her have joined the majority that without a second thought abandoned me.

Even though I was able to daily encounter skin contact with Minji I embarrassingly failed to recognize the small but significant differences. For example Jina was slightly shorter but at the same time faintly curvier. Furthermore the way Minji acted around me was more feminine and gentle than Jina’s gestures that she would usually display to the world.

Even though the surgical intervention was a success and the before black environment was finally colored once more, did the real blindness fail to disappear. For the sole reason that I still wasn’t able to see my true world and continued to remain in the false idyllic realm.

My self-loathing train of thoughts were interrupted when I felt a small soft hand halting my action. Softly I allowed Minji to remove my hand from her hair before gently pulling it down. Not long after I felt her play with my fingers while all the way through observing them.

“Stop feeling guilty. I already told you that it is in the past.”

Whenever I was around Minji I felt like an open book. Her skill of being able to specify my emotions never ceased to amaze me. She was the only person who truly understood me and was able to comprehend my smallest movements.

“How did you know?”
“Your body tensed up and you are crushing my skull instead of petting it.”

The moment I figured out the meaning of her expressed sentence I instantly panicked and a row of ‘Sorry’ left my mouth. Though my state of surprise didn’t last for long because a melodic laugh joined the sounds of the movie and filled the big chamber.

“I am joking. But I am serious about you having to stop feeling so bad.”

As bizarre as it might sound I actually wished for her to hate me and ostracize me from her life. The process of making her forgive my deeds was in my eyes way to easy. Thus I was curious if anger and loathing had ever consumed her.

I don’t deserve such a perfect woman who was in no doubt the perfect definition of beauty. Not after having hurt her and ignore her.

“I don’t know how I can make it up to you. Don’t you want to at least slap me?”
“You don’t have to and no. I don’t want to meet Satan.”

I was about to continue the seemingly no-win conversation when Minji’s next action spotlessly encased me in stone. Like greased lightning I felt a pair of soft lips connecting with my own ones.

Still feeling frozen I witnessed how Minji pulled away before displaying me one of her lively smiles which I came to treasure. The expression I came to yearn after just as a plant would with the sun.

“Well you still got your whole life to make it up to me~”

This little angle was always able to make me feel the sensation of not being equal to her discussion aptitude. As I can’t recall a moment where I actually won against her. However only because it was her did I not mind the drawback.

“I will get us something to drink.”

Though before she could distance herself from me I shamelessly placed my hand behind her head before pulling her in for another lip lock.

 

My whole life will do for now.

Though in my next one I will make sure

that I will pick the right half from the beginning.

 

 


 

 

I just wanted to write a random chapter.

Sorry if I disappointed you guys (>.< )