B (Blue)

The ABC's of You and Me

Blue [blo͞o/] (adj.)

1. Sad, melancholic

2. This is me without you.

 

Jang Narra stared at her computer screen, the monitor blinking back at her. It is already past 11PM and so she began refreshing her Facebook page, waiting for a particular feed to appear.

She hit refresh again and again, her mind full of excitement. Her calendar says June 12, 2015 meaning her favorite boy band will release their new music video.

Her body shivered in excitement.

This is it. She’ll have a glance of them again.

The page loaded slowly, revealing a link of the most-awaited video.

Inhale. Exhale. That’s right Narra, calm yourself down.

The link led her to Youtube and her breathing paused for a second.

The video revealed Sunggyu, the leader of the group running swiftly like his life depends on it.

Betting on you!

A foreign but ear-catching beat caged her ears and went agape. Her eyes widened a bit and unknowingly, she began to crush the piece of paper she’s holding.

“Omigod omigod omigod omigod”, she chanted relentlessly.

The video’s half-way and she began gasping for air.

She gloomed a bit when the monitor flashed their faces. Missing them was an understatement.

"Oppa's,” she said, half-smiling.

Jang Narra’s too absorbed and overwhelmed that she turned deaf of everything around her.

She didn’t even notice her older sister, Seolhyun coming in.

“Narra, what are you watching?”  The latter asked and she immediately pressed escape. She can never tell her what she’s doing.

Hey, why are you so shocked?” Seolhyun asked, amused. Her eyes are bright with certain calmness and humor from her sister’s response.

“Oh, nothing Unnie, I’m just browsing the net. Anyway, you’re home way late,” Narra replied, secretly hoping she’ll divert the conversation successfully.

The look on her sister changed and her brows furrowed.

“Well, Manila is a lovely place but I can never get use in this traffic! I mean-“

Narra didn’t hear the next, she turned aback from her, opening a new Word window and pretending to type down something.

“Rough day, another rough day,” she whispered and quoting Seolhyun her very self,she thought

I will never get used to this.