It's a Choice, Not a Mistake

It's a Choice(oneshot)

You've been pacing back and fort on your bedroom, holding your cellphone and waiting for your boyfriend's call.

You were like this for almost 4 hours already. Your best friend, Jinkyung, grew irritated.

She stood up from your bed. "~~~~~~~~~~!" she yelled. "Would you please calm down and sit?"

You sighed and gave up. You sat down on the leather couch and threw your cellphone on the side table. "Right. Why am I waiting for his call if I know he will not call?" you mumbled.

Jinkyung rolled her eyes. "Thank you." 

 

It was 2AM and you were waken up by the ringing of your phone. *Who would be calling in this hour?* you thought.

You remembered Dongwoo and hurriedly jumped out from the bed and took your phone. 

You saw Jinkyung flinched and heard her groan but that's not important right now. This time, answering Dongwoo's call would be important.

You cleared your throat before answering. "Hello?" 

Dongwoo nervously greeted back. "Hello, babe. You still awake?" 

"Obviously?" You raised an eyebrow. "Now what made you call me in this hour?" 

Dongwoo put his mug down. "I was bored." You scoffed. "Bored?" 

He nodded on the other line. "Yes." "I hate it when people call me when they're bored." You admitted. "What? Am I a entertainer or something?" You sarcastically said.

Dongwoo felt guilty for not answering your calls earlier. He was busy dating another girl. "So you're mad?" He asked.

"No, I'm ing happy!" You exclaimed and ended the call.

Throwing your body on the bed, you sighed. Jinkyung heard your conversation with Dongwoo.

"Girl. He's cheating on you." Jinkyung said. It's not very clear for you to understand since it was muffled by the pillow.

You ignored it and pulled the bed sheet over your head and sleep.

 

The next few weeks, you've been totally ignoring Dongwoo. He always text pr call you but you never replied to all of it. He wants to meet up with you but you never show up.

One day, Jinkyung convinced you to go to Dongwoo's house. Jinkyung sensed something isn't right Dongwoo.

She wasn't sure enough if it was really Dongwoo who she has seen at the restaurant with another girl she she didn't tell you.

Jinkyung bit on her shrimp sandwich. "Come on, ~~~~~~~~~~~! Make up with Dongwoo." Jinkyung pleaded. She don't really want you to make up with Dongwoo. 

She knows someone deserves you. More better than Dongwoo.

You shook your head. "No." 

But the truth is, deep inside you, you really want to see Dongwoo now. 

You grabbed your winter shoes and went to Dongwoo's condominium.

 

DING DONG.

You fixed your hair and straightened your clothes.

"Oppa! There's someone on the door? Shall I get it for you?" A girl's voice yelled inside. You heard it and warily pinned your ears on the door.

Dongwoo wasn't expecting you to come so he let the girl open it. "Yes, please." He shouted from the bathroom.

*This is it, ~~~~~~~~.* You deep sighed.

A girl opened the door. She was just covering her petite body with a white towel that stopped in the middle of her thighs. She looked at you. "Are you looking for someone?" 

Who is she?

"Who are you?" You asked. "I'm Dongwoo's girl friend, JiAe." She replied. "And you?" "~~~~~~~~~~~."

You saw her beaming. "~~~~~~~~~?! Your family is the owner of Hyundai and your the best friend of Dongwoo?" 

You stared at her, tears forming in your eyes. "B-best f-fr-friend?" You stammered. She nodded. "Yeah."

The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.

"Do you want to come in? Dongwoo's taking a shower." She opened the door wider. You shook your head. "It's fine."

Right then, Dongwoo exited the bathroom. "Babe, show th-" He stopped when he saw you outside the door. "~~~~~~~~~?"

And when you saw him, tears did fall from your eyes.

*.* Dongwoo cursed. "What are you doing here?"

You smiled as tears continued to fall from your eyes. The girl looked at you, curious. "I'm here to tell you that this will be the last time that we'll be seeing each other." You said and abruptly walked away leaving Dongwoo taken aback.

Nobody can go back & start a new beginning, but anyone can start today & make a new ending.

 

 

3 YEARS LATER.

Beep. "~~~~~~~~~~ agassi, Kim Jaejoong is here." The secretary on the line announced.

The outspoken you, beamed. *Jaejoong oppa.* You smiled. "Let him in, please." You put your pen down and stood up.

Jaejoong entered your big office. "Babe, ready to meet the investors?" he asked and pulled you for a hug. 

You nodded. "Yep, as long as you are there." Jaejoong pulled back and ruffled your head. "Of course I will be there." 

 

You entered the conference room. All of the investors from different country was already there. Dongwoo was there also.

And of course, the one who stood up first was your best friend who was very impatient. "Ya! Do you know I was waiting for 10 minutes already?" She complained.

You rolled your eyes and Jaejoong chuckled. You ignored her and greeted everyone with a bow. Jaejoong as your fiance, followed. "Hello, everyone. Shall we start with the meeting?" You gestured everyone to take a seat.

 During the meeting, you would glance at Dongwoo and smiled at him. He would smile back. *I wonder how is he doing? After 3 years, this is the first time I saw him.* You thought and scratched your head.

The meeting was still going on. You looked at Jinkyung and saw her sleep behind the folder. You silently chuckled. *Aigoo~ she never changes. She's crazy.*

Dongwoo on the other hand, can't take his eyes off of you. 

He missed you so much.

He was so stupid to cheat on you. But he doesn't have anything to do now. You have Jaejoong already.

After 3 hours, the meeting ended. Everyone shook hands with you and told you how good looking Jaejoong. You would blush at that comment.

It was Dongwoo's turn. He was hesitating to shook hands with you but you held out your hands first.

He looked at your hands and looked up at you after. You smiled. "It's nice to see you again, Dongwoo." You said.

He smiled and shook your hands. "It's nice to see you , too, ~~~~~~~~~." You nodded. "Yeah, it's been three years." Dongwoo chuckled and awkwardly pulled his hands. 

He sheepishly rubbed the back his neck. "Shall I treat you a coffee?" You blinked at him. "Wouldn't your girl friend get mad?" Dongwoo smiled. "She died when she gave birth to our daughter. She has heart problems so she can't take normal birth."

Your heart sank for the moment. You hated the girl because she stole Dongwoo from you but hearing about that made you sad. "I-I'm sorry to hear that, Dongwoo. So how's your daughter?" You weakly asked. He nodded. "She's fine."

"Okay. So, I'm going to be the one to treat you for a coffee...." You beamed. ".....for our new friendship." He nodded. "Sure."

Just then, Jinkyung and Jaejoong came over. Jinkyung looked at Dongwoo. "What are you doing here, bastard?" She crossed her arms.

"Ya! How can you treat my new friend like that?" You exclaimed. Jinkyung looked at you, baffled. "NEW FRIEND?! HOW CAN YOU FRIEND WITH THAT GUY WHO CHEA-"

You covered before she says everything. "Shut up." You whispered. 

Jinkyung took your hands off of . You smiled at Jaejoong, "Oppa, meet Dongwoo." "Dongwoo, meet Jaejoong. My fiance." 

Dongwoo warily held his hands out for a shake. Jaejoong smiled and shook it. "Nice to meet you." Dongwoo nodded. "Me, too."

"Oppa, I'm going to get coffee with Dongwoo." You said. "I'll meet you later after lunch before we go to the clinic, okay?" 

Jaejoong nodded and kissed you. "Call me, okay?" He waved and went out with some of the workers. 

Jinkyung glared at you. "I'll be waiting for your call." She pointed at you. "Be careful." She left also.

 

During the coffee with Dongwoo, the both of you would share easy conversations. 

Your phone rang signaling you received a message. "Excuse me." You took your cellphone and opened the message.

Babe, hurry up or you'll be late for your schedule. Don't eat junk foods. It's bad for our baby. - Joongie

You smiled and rubbed your belly. *I didn't tell Dongwoo about this.* 

Dongwoo looked at you. "Are you going somewhere?" You nodded and sipped on your coffee. "Yeah. Going for a check up." "Why? Are you sick?" 

You shook your head. "No." Dongwoo sipped on his Americano. "Then, why?" 

You beamed. "Because I'm pregnant. I'm two weeks pregnant. I just found out yesterday!" Dongwoo beamed also. "Congratulations, ~~~~~~~~~!" 

You smiled. "Thanks."

 

The both of you exited Starbucks. You waved good-bye to Dongwoo. "Bye, Dongwoo! I'll see you next time." 

Dongwoo waved back. "Good-bye!" You smiled and was about to turn around but he called your name. You turned around.

"I'm sorry for cheating on you, ~~~~~~~~~~. It was a mistake. I just want to say sorry for it." He weakly smiled. 

You held his arms and smiled.

 

 

"Cheating is a choice. Not a mistake, Dongwoo." 

 

 


 

 

Oh yeah! Finally done:)

Please tell me what you think about this.