[sugakookie] because i'm a rebel

bangtan trash

length: 795 words

prompt: "gang au where Suga is part of a gang called bts and jungkooks the golden maknae rookie cop who always seems to catch them- well, more like suga"


 

“This is the third time this week, Min Yoongi,” the broad-chested cop scolded with brows furrowed as he jotted something down on his notepad. Another case of low-quality graffiti on a coffee shop had been tossed onto his desk at the station that morning, yet Jungkook would be lying if he said he was surprised. The older male had been at it for a while, and the numerous odd shops he targeted quickly became their designated meeting places. “Don’t you think that should tell you something?”

“My name’s Suga,” Yoongi corrected through gritted teeth, eyes narrowing into slits. “Especially to you. And all this means is that my work’s being noticed by all the right people. Can’t thank you enough, Jungkookie.”

It was the officer’s turn to sigh in frustration. “That’s Officer Jeon, to you, Yoongi. I’m gonna have to take you into the station, contact your family—you know the drill.” With an audible click, Jungkook tucked the pen and pad into his pocket before releasing a silent yawn. He was only in his twenties, but he was already too old for this.

“Aw, come on. It’s not like those blokes at the lot are actually gonna waste time on any ratchet ‘ 12’ graffiti cases with all these missing person reports going around. Which I have nothing to do with, by the way,” Yoongi quickly clarified, holding up his hands for good measure. 

Something about the childishness of the gesture spurred a softer side in Jungkook, and he soon found himself chuckling at the gangster’s antics. “You’re not even close to being a suspect. So far, your 'gang’ is only guilty of drawing unproportional on the sides of shops and saving a puppy from being run over.”

At that, Yoongi huffed. How dare this gigantic fetus belittle his blood brothers like this? And to his face, at that? “Who do you think you’re talking about, kid? BTS is the toughest gang in this city. We’re totally at the top of the hierarchy.” A smirk tugged at his lips as he thought of BTS with apparent fondness. 

“It’s the only gang in this city,” Jungkook pointed out with a gentle jab to the shorter male’s chest. “And you can’t even bring yourselves to mark the fronts of the shops you target. Lame as hell, to be honest.” If anything was apparent to the officer, it was that the gangster had the most useless notorious streak in their records. Not one of the policemen considered him nor his gang a threat to the community. In fact, over the course of the last few months, their meet-ups over his infractions of the law mainly consisted of the pair chatting about their lives and offering passive-aggressive advice for their problems. He was, simply put, not a bad guy. 

Patrons in the gas station came and went as Yoongi scoured his brain for something to defend himself, but ultimately came up with nothing. With a sharp glare, he jabbed Jungkook back, not letting his face betray how shocked he was at the muscle he felt underneath his fingertip. “Well, at least I’m not a goody-two-shoes like you,” he goaded. “I bet you’ve never had lunch with a scary criminal. I bet you’d piss yourself if you ever did. That’s lame as hell." 

A glint of a challenge passed through Jungkook’s focused gaze as he stepped forward, hesitant and careful in his movements. "And what if I said I’d do it right now if you asked me to? Because I’m not lame. You’re lame. I’m cool.” He smirked, but there was the telltale spark of playfulness in the action as he observed the fidgeting gangster with anticipation. 

“I’d…” When the older male took the moment to think about it, he burned a bright red and looked to the ground as blood rushed to his cheeks at the first thought that came to mind. 'Ain’t got anything to lose, Suga,’ he admitted to himself and forced his gaze upwards. “Um, I’d ask you to have lunch with me. Because I’m a rebel. And because I maybe, kind of, just might like you, Jeon Jungkook. You know, 'cause you’re sort of a rebel, too." 

At the unexpected confession, Jungkook coughed into his sleeve, using the crook of his elbow as a screen to hide the violent blush tinting his cheeks. "And what if I said yes? And that… you’re kind of interesting to me, too?" 

Yoongi blinked several times in shock before a lazy grin stretched across his face. The older male ruffled Jungkook’s hair and linked their arms in an exaggerated gesture as the surrounding customers looked on with amusement. "In that case, you’d be approximately 99% less lame." 

"I’m putting you under arrest, Min Yoongi.”

“Like hell, Jungkookie.” 


 

(a/n: thought about making it fluffier but they’re both too stubborn of people for it to go any further than this tbh)