Push & Pull

Push & Pull

“Jungkook do you want to go eat ice cream with me?”

“No”.

~

“Jungkookie, let’s go watch a movie!”

“I don’t want to”.

~

“Jungkook, do you want to play ‘Death Racer’ with me?”

“I don’t like that game”.

~

“Jungkook…”

“No”.

~

No matter what Jimin said or tried, Jungkook always pushed him back. Jimin really didn’t understand why the maknae always treated him that way when he always and only had overflowing love for Jungkookie.

 

Today as well; finally they had free time. Jimin was in the dorm’s dinner table eating some cereal while Rap Mon played video games by himself. Surely Suga was sleeping; J-Hope was probably eating out somewhere. He also heard V and Jin decided to go to the zoo. His only hope, and first choice to have fun was Jungkook. Just then the maknae came out of his room.

 

“Jungkook, do you want to go to the mall with me?”

“No”.

 

That was his answer as he made his way out of the dorm not even looking back.

 

“Why is he always like that?!”

“Do you really not know?”

 

Jimin was surprised listening to Rap Mon’s sudden reply.

 

“What?”

“It’s push and pull. Since you are always pulling, he is always pushing you away”.

 

Jimin had never thought of it that way. No wonder, Rap Mon was the leader for a reason.

 

“And what should I do then?”

“Start pushing back”.

 

Pushing back, could he do it? Could he really ignore Jungkook?

~ ~

The first day on his attempt at Mission: Ignore, was more difficult than he thought. Jungkook and V were sitting on the sofa watching TV. There were two available spots. One in between Kookie and Taehyung and the other just next to V. He would have usually scooted between the two, but today he sat next to V at the edge of the sofa.

 

“What are you watching?”

 

Jimin tried his best at directing his question towards V.

 

“A show about Aliens but its boring”.

“You want to get some bubble tea?”

“Ok”.

 

Jimin and V stood and left. You could tell that Jungkook felt weird no one invited or acknowledge him, but he had his pride so he didn’t say a thing.

~ ~

 

For Jungkook it was bliss. Like a prayer answered from the heavens. He had some days off and Jimin wasn’t bothering him. He finally had some peace and quiet. Although why Jimin wasn’t all over him was weird, really weird indeed.

 

~ ~

Jungkook woke from his mid-day nap to an exciting atmosphere coming from the living room. J-Hope and Jimin where having the ultimate match on ‘Death Racer’. V and Jin where also watching and cheering.

Jungkook came shyly and sat down in the living room. Ultimately J-Hope won the race and the boys began making their way to the kitchen. Jimin was left behind to clean the living room as a punishment for loosing. Jungkook was still on the living room as well.

 

“Why didn’t you invite me to play?”

 

Jungkook asked Jimin.

 

“You said you didn’t like this game”.

“When did I?”

“Always, every time I asked you before.”

 

Jimin left. Jungkook finally had what he wanted, but why was he feeling left out?

 

~ ~

After dinner Jungkook was alone in the living room switching on the channels. Every channel seemed to be on commercial break. Then Jimin and J-Hope were making their way out.

 

“Are you going out?!”

“Yeah, we are just going eat some ice cream. See you later.”

 

Again, Jimin didn’t invite him at all. Why was he acting like that? Was he mad at something? Wasn’t he spending too much time with J-Hope? Just what was going on?! He really wanted ice cream today…

~ ~

Free time was over and they were back at practice. Jungkook entered the dancing studio and found Jimin laughing at something on his mobile.

 

“Oh, is it something funny? What is it?”

 

He slowly approached Jimin.

 

“Oh, its nothing”.

“Are you mad at me or something?”

“No. Why would you think that?”

“Is just… Nothing.”

 

Jungkook went to the other corner of the room and started stretching on his own.

~

Jimin was seating at the dancing studio browsing on his mobile. He was watching some funny photo edits the fans had made of them. He really wanted to show Jungkook. As if called by his mind, the maknae just entered the room and talked to him first.

 

“Oh, is it something funny? What is it?”

 

It took every power Jimin had to act aloof.

 

“Oh, its nothing”.

“Are you mad at me or something?”

“No. Why would you think that?”

“Is just… Nothing.”

 

What was this? Was his pushing actually working? Was Kookie actually missing him?!

~ ~

Jungkook felt weird. He didn’t want to admit it but he actually felt like something was missing without Jimin’s overwhelming attention. All the boys were sitting on the floor ready to eat. Discreetly Jungkook left a wide space open so that Jimin could seat there but instead, the small hyung went and sat next to J-Hope. Why? There wasn’t a lot of space over there!

 

They ordered jajangmyeon with sweet and sour pork. The place they order from usually served an egg with each serving and Jungkook always ate Jimin’s since he didn’t eat his. As per usual he was waiting for the egg, but today Jimin gave it to Jin. Why? That Jin hyung was eating too much!

~ ~

Jungkook was sitting with Rap Mon in the working studio. They heard a ruckus outside and saw when J-Hope, V and Jimin where on their way out.

 

“Are you guys leaving?”

“Yes, hyung. We are going to the arcade and then we will go back to the dorm”.

“Oh, ok, see you then”.

 

The noisy trio left and Rap Mon turned to Jungkook.

 

“That’s weird. Why aren’t you with them?” “You are not hanging out with Jimin anymore?”

“They are leaving me behind lately” “Jimin is always pushing my away “.

“Well if you want to be around him, then start pulling him towards you”.

 

Pulling him? Should he try that?

~ ~

Another weekend off and they finally had time to go home. Some of the boys had left already. Some, like Namjoon were staying behind to keep working. Jimin was in his room getting his bag ready when Jungkook came in.

 

“Are you going home?”

“Yeah, I leave soon”.

“Let’s go together. I’m going to Busan as well after all”.

 

Jimin stopped and looked at Jungkook.

 

“That would be a first”.

“A first what?”

“You wanting to go together. You are the one who always says no”.

“When did I?!”

“Jeon Jungkook!”

“Ok, ok. But lately you are the one who is leaving me behind and I don’t like it. Can’t things go back to how they were before?”

 

This was too much for Jimin. Kookie was so cute!  Jimin smiled brightly.

 

“Do you want to get hotteok at the train station before we leave?”

 

Jungkook looked up, a smile on his face looking relieved that the Jimin he liked was back.

 

“But instead you pay, alright maknae?”

 

Yes, he would pay and treat Jimin better from now on; maybe he would even call him hyung once in a while.

~

Jimin was relived his Mission: Ignore was over. It was the hardest thing he had to do. But he had to admit, the push and pulled worked wonders.