What Are You?

What Are You -Spin off / One shot-

“Don’t act like such a child!” You tugged on the irritated boy’s sleeve in a pathetic attempt to drag Yoongi into the flashy venue.

“We’ve been out all day! I’m getting tired.” he shuffled his feet and stood close, practically begging for him to go home for the day.

“Please? You promised me you’d spend the day with me today!” You confidently gave your best pout hoping he’d crack but he didn’t budge. You knew exactly what to do, make him feel guilty.

“Tomorrow you have practice… The day after that as well.” Add a few whimpy sounds… “It’s been almost a week since--” Your words got cut off when Yoongi suddenly grabbed your hand and dragged you into the club. Under the darkness a small smile spread throughout your face, along your boyfriend’s as well, but you’d never really know through the pitch-black halls.

The two of you found some seats and settled down before all the seats were taken. You got some nice seats too, close to the stage. Very suddenly the stage lit up along with some fancy music and in the middle of the stage to a 30-something-year-old man standing by a few stools. The next few moments brought laughter throughout the club and even some “ooh’s” and “aah’s” erupted from some tacky magic tricks.

“Woah~! Yoongi did you see that? That was so cool the way he--” turning to the side brought you some disappointment but let’s be honest, how did you not expect it. A few light snores could be heard from your boyfriend, how embarrassing. You pulled ‘a face’ and sunk into your chair.

“For this next act I’m going to need two volunteers!” Two volunteers? Perfect! Let’s bring some excitement into this lousy date.

“Yoongi! Let’s go! I want to volunteer! Please~” You stood up but was immediately pulled back into your chair. You made a pretty grumpy face but that disintegrated into awe when you turned to see the peaceful, sleepy face of your boyfriend snuggling into his seat. Even cuter was that he was gripping onto your hand. It seemed like he didn’t want you to leave him more than he didn’t want you making a fool out of yourself. You gave a sweet smile and turned back to the stage. Yoongi secretly opened one eye, smiled, then went back to his nap.

“Yes! You two in the front!” Your face lit up until you realised the man was pointing to a lovey-dovey couple who was sitting beside you and your sack of suga. The pretty girl giggled and her boyfriend helped her onto the stage. You threw a few looks of jealousy but when the magic started happening your child persona popped out once again. Again, “ooh’s” and “aah’s” as the girl suddenly fell asleep faster than Yoongi falling asleep the moment he sat down in the club.

“When I snap my fingers your girlfriend will wake up. That would be boring though, right? Instead your girlfriend won’t just be your girlfriend, but get this, she will act like--”

“A cat?! Omo I love cats!” An odd giggle escaped the boy’s lips bringing laughter into the room.

“Well I guess so now…” The man quietly mumbled into the microphone. “Sure bud. She will act like a cat!” He slapped his hands onto his thighs, gave his hands a good ol’ rub, said some funky lines then snapped his fingers. Loudly too. Heck, louder than your crap alarm that made you an hour late to your ‘date’.

The girl’s head sprung up and she looked around the room. Everyone’s eyes were locked onto the stage. The girl yawned, but it wasn’t like a regular yawn. It was cute, too cute. Like Chi from Chi’s Sweet Home, the anime you watched with the guys last week. She walked normally, even talked normally but would act clingy and make cute sounds. Too cute.

“Man… I really love cats but how long is she going to be like this?” The boyfriend chuckled nervously, embarrassed. The man turned to the audience with a sneaky face, he looked satisfied.

“Well before I woke her up I made a command that could break her chance. Only one person can do it, and that is you son.” He dramatically pointed his finger towards the boy and leaned over to whisper something in his ear.

“Kiss?” The boy was a little surprised at first but with them being all lovey-dovey earlier you could tell he didn’t mind giving his girlfriend a little smooch on stage. He turned the girl towards him and before he landed the kiss a faint ‘nya~?’ could be heard from the mics stuck to their shirts. The cute, passionate kiss, once again brought “ooh’s” and “aah’s” to the club and she immediately reverted into her supposed normal self. The audience clapped and the lights in the room , signaling the guests to make their way home for the night. On your way out of the building the couple from earlier passed by reminding you of something very important; You have a boyfriend of your own!

You bolted back into the previous room to see Yoongi’s sleepy face still snuggled into his seat. You walked over and bent down a bit to observe his tired face. He works so hard but you pushed him into going a date with you on his only free day. You shouldn’t be feeling this guilty though right? He did promise to spend more time with you. Even so, It’s been weeks since the two of you actually had a proper, fun date.

“Hmm… I wish we could be like that in public… All cute and stuff.” You laughed at the thought of the two of you switching spots with the couple from earlier.

“Yoongi… Hey… Yah!” After moments of silence you noticed the time and remembered that both you and your boyfriend has work tomorrow.

“I have you wake up early tomorrow, please!” You snapped your fingers repeatedly trying to rush him out of the club. You soon regretted it though after seeing his irritated face. Still tired?   Definitely. He stood up and started to head towards the door but paused for a moment to look back at you.

“Well come on.” He motioned you to follow him, and you obeyed. No grunts of frustration, no procrastination and rolling over. I guess he really wants to get home.

The walk home was more enjoyable than the date itself. He would randomly hold onto your hand every now and then and even pull you a bit closer when you’d attempt to wander into a store. Maybe he was a bit clingy but it was really cute the way he’d try to hide it. It kind of sassy too in a way. It’s been awhile since you’ve seen him like this, it felt nice. It wasn’t going to last long though. Taking a right on the end of that street will lead you to your front door and just when it was finally becoming peaceful you knew it would be time for you to go.

You stopped walking and Yoongi took a few steps ahead. Realizing you stopped, he walked back over to you and took your hand. You smiled at the thought of this moment lasting forever. No work, no school. Just the two of you. The other guys too, of course, we all need a break. He bent forward and nuzzled his cheek onto the side of your neck, resting his head on your shoulder. Is he really that tired?

“Yoongi.”

“...”

“Yoooongi.”

“Nnn.”

“Don’t fall asleep on my shoulder.”

“Nnn…”

“What are you saying?”

“Meeeow~”

Cue goofy music. Did I- did he? ‘meow~’? Did you hear yourself correctly? You’ve seen him do aegyo before but kitty sounds? Why would he even- oh no. You wanted something, but not this. This was a little too weird. At least for Bangtan Boys’ SUGA it was. We honestly would love to witness it but it was weirder than expected, it you did expect it.

“Yah… What are you doing?” He was staring right at you, into your eyes, and in your best attempt to look anywhere but his eyes you awkwardly cough and try and walk ahead.

“(Y/N)-ah~” Too late, he already pulled you into hug and refused to let go.

“Yoongi! You’re so weird! You’re like… a cat. Omona…” You bursted free from his hug and grabbed his hand to bring back to the club. Halfway there you accidentally ran into someone turning the corner, resulting in you landing on your .

“Ouch… Ahaha, you’re really fast.” The boy who seemed your age helped you up but I guess Yoongi didn’t like that because he clearly got all defensive and scared the guy off with a growl. Now he’s a lion? Oh come on.

The two of you finally make it the club and caught the magician man from earlier just as he was about to leave the building.

“Ahjussi! Ahjussi! Wait!” Desperation caused you to grab his bag to get him to notice you two.

“I’m sorry sir but I really need your help!”

“Oh! I remember you. You were the lady in the front row making all those funny faces earlier, right?” You couldn’t help it, you were jealous, okay! “What can I do for you?”

“So me and my boyfriend, here, went to your show earlier today and I think he’s under your spell!” Hearing you say it outloud made you feel like a complete idiot but what could you do about it? Your boyfriend is a cat. What the hell.

“Hmm… So I assume he was sleeping?” See Yoongi? This is why you shouldn’t fall asleep in public!
    “Yeah… So, can you, like, fix him?” Fix him… Woho not like that (Y/N) WYD.

“Well there is only one person that could fix that, you know…” Oh my god. Does that stranger have to kiss my boyfriend?

“Okay. well I gotta head home. You youngsters head back now.” He smiled and left. Wait. Where does he think he’s going!?

“‘Only one person could fix that…?’” In thought, you didn’t notice Yoongi snuggling up to you, making small whines at the same time, making you lose your train of thought.

“Yoongi…” You turned around, now he was like a puppy. Those eyes, they were puppy dog eyes. Yoongi, what even are you?

Now he was really focusing on you. He looked even frustrated. He was whining now, a chattering sound. That’s when you remembered. It was so obvious.

“Yoongi…” Nothing even happened and you were already beet red, Jungkook would be proud. The two of you haven’t been dating for long and this’ll be your first kiss as well. What a story; My first was with a cat guys. You nervously grabbed his shoulders, shut your eyes real tight, and kissed him.

At first it felt weird. Odd. If didn’t feel like you were kissing your boyfriend, more like a cat-boy. Your face grew 2 shades brighter when you felt Yoongi smile into the kiss and kiss back. Without even realizing it Yoongi already had his hands around your waist and once you realized that you pushed him away and covered your mouth staring back in shock, surprise, fear. #ff0000 am I right?

“Hahah…” Now he was laughing? Your heart almost stopped! You shuffled back even more and looked down to your feet because you didn’t want him to see your face, so embarrassing… You could probably see the steam escaping from your head as well.

“Yah… Look at me.” You really didn’t want to. Why was he laughing? Was it because your face was more red than Jungkook’s box of crayons? You heard him step forward and felt him wrap his arms around you.

“Is this how you wanted our date to end?” He rested his chin on your head and you gently shook your head.

“Did you really forget me back at the club?” You stayed silent. Did that really matter? He didn’t say anything either. He nodded his head but as he walked you outside he shook his head. Frustration? Maybe, but only for making you worry.

The walk home was just awkward silence. You didn’t even lift up your head once and because of that, Yoongi had to stop you from walking before you got run over by a lady on her bike. Even then you didn’t say anything. I can’t believe I had to do that. Ahh so embarrassing… He was laughing at me too. Did I do it weird? My first kiss too. “Yah.” Was he just pretending or- “Yah!”

You turned around to see him leaning against the fence to the house you passed by, your house. Before you can pass your gate Yoongi took your hand and spun you back.

“Yah, you have to talk to me.” After what happened earlier there was no way you could face him. Head. Down.
    “Isn’t that what you wanted?”

“...”

“That’s what you get for dragging me out there.” Yoongi felt incredibly guilty. He really didn’t do anything wrong, it wasn’t really his fault that the magician-man was good at his job. But now you were too embarrassed to even speak to him. He figured he might as well let you go for the night. You decided to speak your mind before it was too late, but you needed to distract him first, too much attention to your words will stress the situation even more.

“Y-your sleeve is all wrinkly.” He took a moment to look at you pointing to the sleeve of his sweater.

“I don’t see why that matters. Anyways I’ll see if I can get some time tomorrow to see--”

“You know that was my first kiss?” You cut him off and spat out the words that previously refused to come out.

“Sorry…”

“I didn’t want my first kiss to be saving a cat-boy, gosh Yoongi!” You were looking at him now. You weren’t angry though, just embarrassed and frustrated that you had to give up your first kiss for a ridiculous reason like saving your boyfriend from becoming a cat forever. Yoongi quickly noticed your distress so out of concern (and some annoyance) he quickly grabbed you by the waist and pulled you in so close there was barely any room to breath.

“Wai--!!” Without hesitation he pulled you even closer! Close enough to crash his lips onto yours to keep you from blabbing on and on.

Yoongi broke the kiss and rested his forehead against yours after feeling the heat from your cheeks.

“There. Then you can just forget the one from earlier.” But for some reason, you didn’t really want to forget. He scratched the back of his neck and began to walk away from your house. Before you could even acknowledge your own actions your arms were wrapped around his stomach.

“I really like you Yoongi.” You managed to crack out. The two of you were never able to really express your feelings that often, see each other often, but this was more than enough.

“I love me too.” He chuckled and turned to land a kiss on your forehead. You waved goodbye until he was out of your sight and made your way into the house.

“Oooh~! I got it all on my iPod!” You heard your dongsaeng call out from the living room and practically threw your bag across the room.

“OH MY GOSH (S/N)!! I’M GONNA KILL YOU!!”

Although exhausted from chasing your younger sibling around the house, you had trouble going to bed, playing what happened earlier in your head over, and over and over again. Right when you were about to fall asleep a light buzz jolted your eyelids open. You reached under your pillow to see a notification for “1 new text from ‘Yoongi 💞’”. You unlocked your phone and smiled at the text.

“Dance practice is cancelled for tomorrow. I’ll pick you up after school.” Now there was definitely no way you could sleep now! Just as you slipped your phone under your pillow, it buzzed again.

“I luv you”

“I love you too :)"