Gyujin | When Sowon is a genie and helps him with his crush but falls in love with him instead

UP10TION Oneshots {Open}

It was another day of high school. The bell rang and it signaled lunch time, of course, Gyujin was staring at the queenka, Joy. It was known throughout his friends that he was massively in love with her. Of course, Joy was with her friends. They were a group of SM trainees called Red Velvet, which explained their popularity. Everyone knew they were bound to be idols either way.

"Dude, just go ask her out," Wei said and shoved the poor boy in front of Joy. 

"Hello. Can I help you?" Joy asked, concerned. Gyujin blushed and rubbed his neck.

"Sorry for bumping into you," Gyujin bowed. Yeri grabbed Joy's hand and lead her away from Gyujin. Gyujin sighed and went back to his table. At the table, the guys were snickering at the poor guy.

"How'd it go?" Wooshin asked, but snorted afterwards. 

"You saw what happened, it was horrible," Gyujin sighed. 

"Hey can you go get me chili cheese fries?" Xiao asked and handed him the money. Gyujin took the money and went to the lunch ladies. He grabbed a tray and the fries before paying. He didn't pay attention to where he was going and crashed into someone- more likely Yeri, the meanest one in Red Velvet. The whole cafeteria turned silent and so were Yeri's friends, who were whispering amongst each other. 

"HOW DARE YOU?! THIS IS A LIMITED EDITION KATE SPADE HANDBAG!" Yeri yelled and pointed at her handbag, which was covered in chili. Most of the chili and cheese went onto her coat, which was also Kate Spade. Wendy, one member in Yeri's group, rushed to her aid and tried to wipe off some chili off Yeri. Yeri stopped her and flipped her hair.

"You peasant," Yeri said before walking away with Red Velvet. Seulgi and Irene glared at Gyujin before leaving. Joy, known as the nicest one out of group, bowed apologetically for her friend humiliating him. Gyujin blushed and scurried back to the table.

"Dude. You're dead now," Wei said, witnessing everything. "That girl's gonna make you her target now, either you date Joy in order to stop the bullying or you gotta live tthrough it." 

"Out of all times, she just had to get her special order salad when I was getting your stupid chili cheese fries," Gyujin cried and rubbed his face. After another horrible day of school, this time with half of Red Velvet hating him now, he felt even worse. He just felt like going home and sleeping. When he got home, he found a mysterious lamp on the coffee table. There was some odd writing that was covered in dust, so he tried to rub it off. A cloud of mint green smoke came out and a girl in a mint green dress popped out.

"Geez, twenty years in a bottle stuck in this tiny bottle doesn't give you much space to stretch," the girl said, stretching her back. She noticed that Gyujin was still watching her. 

"Oh hello! I'm Sowon, the genie! Now, you're going to think that I'm going to do a dance number and tell you that you have three wishes, well, I'm going to do half of that. You've got three wishes, spend it well. There," Sowon said. Gyujin blinked, not believing that this is actually happening. "Um, hello?"

"Oh. Three wishes? I wish for an infinite amount of wishes!" Gyujin beamed. 

"According to the Genie's Do's & Don't's, that is a don't. Now you've wasted one wish, two more wishes to go. Spend it well," Sowon explained. 

"Make me attractive," Gyujin wished. Sowon was taken aback.

"But you're already hot," Sowon blurted out. 

"The girl I like, Joy, probably doesn't think I'm hot," Gyujin explained, sullen. 

"I'll tell you want, wish to make her notice you more than other guys," Sowon whispered. 

"Okay? I wish for Joy to notice me more than the other guys," Gyujin wished.

"Oh, I heard wish! A bippity boppity boop!" Sowon tapped his nose and the wish worked. 

"Do you really have to say bippity boppity boop?" Gyujin asked. 

"Hey genies should be able to have fun, too." 

"I like 'coming right up' better," Gyujin frowned. Sowon rolled her eyes playfully. 

"The spell's already made. Now, if you don't mind, it's time to go hang out with my other genie friends!" Sowon snapped her fingers and disappeared. 

The next day, Gyujin felt more confident and walked to school with the new confidence. Of course, Yeri was glaring at him. Like always, Joy was smiling at everyone, but her smile widened when she saw Gyujin.

"Hey Gyujin!" She greeted. Gyujin waved back, ignoring the weird looks from Ree Velvet and other classmates. The first bell rang, signaling first period, which he had with Joy and not the other members of Red Velvet. During the teacher's boring lecture, Gyujin received a note that said to meet him up the rooftop. The suspect had to be Joy, because she bit her lip while looking at him and smirked. After school, the best day of Gyujin's life, which included Joy flirting with him all day long and actually sitting with him at lunch, he went up to the rooftop. 

"Hey Joy," Gyujin greeted. Joy smiled and jumped up. She gave him a tight hug.

"I wanted to talk to you," Joy said. "I like you."

"What?" Gyujin asked.

"I like you. Do you want to date?" Joy asked. It just felt wrong for Gyujin. Like he was with the wrong person. 

"I'm sorry. I don't have the same feelings," Gyujin apologized. He saw tears forming in her eyes. Joy's smile disappeared and she walked away from him. 

"It's.. Okay... I'm okay..." Joy said and held in a cry before leaving the rooftop. Gyujin went home and found Sowon watching tv in his apartment. 

"Oh hey," she greeted. 

"Hey. Why are you still here?" Gyujin asked. 

"You still have a wish left. And I can't leave until my client is satisfied," Sowon shrugged.

"How do you know when they're satisfied?" Gyujin asked. Sowon stood up and put her hand on his heart. It started beating fast. 

"Heartbeats say everything." 

"Hey Sowon. I have my last wish," Gyujin spoke up. 

"What is it?" Sowon asked. 

"Kiss me."

"Coming right up," Sowon said and kissed him.


Okay I skipped a few requests, but I will get them soon! I just didn't have any ideas for them! I hope you like this oneshot! I skipped homework to write this, so have a nice night and don't forget to request all you want! Now I gotta get on my homework.... 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

P.s. Q&A came out a few days ago! Go check it out! My bias Scoups looks so beautiful in that!