Oops, that's mine!

Different from the Movies

Title: Oops, that's mine!

Pairing: MarkJae

Genres: Romance, bad attempt at comedy, cliches, drabble/oneshot, fluff, & more cheese. 

Words: 10,287 words

Summary:  Mark Tuan & Choi Youngjae accidentally switched each other's bags. 

 


 
 

After a long and tiresome trip to L.A, he was finally returning to Korea. It’s not that he didn’t find joy in returning back to his hometown, back to his family, but jumping back and forth was starting to have its effect on him. If only they were fun trips instead of business related trips, then he might not mind it so much, but it was going for a while now. The only day he gets to relax is when he arrives; the next day is usually spent going to (boring) meetings and meeting new people he frankly doesn’t really care about, and the next day after that, he leaves. The cycle repeats all over again for at least three weeks and it’s only over for a couple of weeks. It’s ridiculous, he thinks as he finally see’s the airplane touching his homeland, that they can’t send just anyone to those meetings claiming they can’t understand English as well as him. When they presented him the offer, he was all over it, but after going to more than one meeting, he noticed you don’t need to understand English because they have a translator in the room for foreign people. So really, it could’ve been anyone. Why him, he will never know why.

The airplane finally stops and a couple of minutes pass, the employees walking back and forth doing their work before it’s completely okay to start moving. All at once, the people get up, a couple opting to wait and let everyone else pass, and start taking down their personal belongings. He was by Row 19, next to a couple of strangers, waiting patiently for his turn to take down his belonging. The person that sat next to him from the other side of the Row, got up to take down their belonging, a little flustered. They were having a hard time so he decided to help the latter, offering a polite smile. The person replied with a smile of their own, eyes turning into crescents for a millisecond, before setting aside their belonging to help him with his own. He accepted the offer and during all the chaos, he grabbed his belongings and left the airplane.

He was received with a big warm welcome planned out by a couple of his friends, hugging him as soon as they spotted him. He smiled widely when they dragged him to their car, going on about an awesome restaurant they went to the other day. It wasn’t far but it was far enough for him to tell them about how tiring the trip was. His friends nodded in understanding, the feeling mutual as the conversation turns deeper and all of them share a little about their jobs. There was a moment of silence, all of them looking solemn and tired before the car finally pulls up to the restaurant. The enthusiasm from before is back and all of the males quickly get out of the car with one thing in mind. Food. He hadn’t realized it before, probably because of all the excitement of being with his friends, but he was hungry. Once they were all inside, they talked some more, joked around and ate to their hearts content.

The road back to his apartment was familiar and silent. His friends had offered him a ride back but he declined, reasoning that it was already late and that they all had worked tomorrow. Albeit reluctant, they let him go and he was on the bus back to his apartment, a little thoughtful. The bus wasn’t full like other times when he’s gotten on it; it was almost empty with two or three passengers besides him, making it a little more comfortable and spacious. The peace and quiet was welcome for once. There were other times when it was silent that bothered him, to the point where he called up his friends and became the annoying passenger that talked too loudly (when in reality that it was just so quiet that it made it seem like that). It was then the bus came to his stop and he quickly got off, someone else following suit behind him.

His apartment was right around the corner and he speed walked, taking long steps eagerly. All he wanted to do was jump onto his bed and sleep until 3 PM tomorrow, and maybe watch a couple of movies on Netflix in his bed, eating some popcorn. The only benefit of going to those trips was probably that his boss wasn’t so heartless after all and lets him take the next day off. It was definitely nice and just what he needed before he got back to working. With the thought in his head, he smiled as he entered the lobby and walked to where the elevators where.

It took a moment before it arrived and he got on before someone else got on too. He waited to see if anyone else arrived but when he saw no one, he pressed a button and the doors closed automatically. It would be a couple of minutes before he arrived at his floor, and he eyed the person next to him. For some reason, the person looked fairly familiar with their blond hair and adorable cheeks, looking a little tired with their eyes closed, and he wondered where he had seen the person. He then noticed that the stranger was also carrying a bag like him and wondered if the person had been traveling too. There was also something really strange about their bag. He felt like he had seen it before, but he’s not sure where he’s seen it… The elevator stopped, snapping him out of his thoughts immediately, and he stepped out a little too quickly, heading to his apartment.

And then he was finally home.

He dropped his bags at the entrance before he practically bounced to his room and jumped on his bed, smiling at the comfort of his home. “Home sweet home…” he murmured as he snuggled closer to his pillow, sleep soon finding its way…

 

◄◄◄◄◄◄

 

It was late in the afternoon and Choi Youngjae was about to start his daily yoga exercise when his phone vibrated nonstop. Without taking a look at who it was, he answered it.

Choi Youngjae?” a deep voice came from the other side and Youngjae would be lying if he didn’t think it was y. “Yes?”

Listen, I’m Mark Tuan, uh, the guy that helped you yesterday with your bags at the airplane.”

His eyebrows furrowed, confused as to where this conversation was going. “Yeah, I remember you… why are you calling me?”

We accidentally switched our bags yesterday.

Several heartbeats passed as the cutie let the information sink in, his eyes widening in realization. He waked over to his room and looked at the bag he had thrown on his chair yesterday when he arrived, and it was certainly not his bag. How did he not notice that it wasn’t his chic leopard print bag his best friend, Jackson, had given him? The difference was huge because Mark’s bag was a black normal one unlike his. His cheeks suddenly felt hot before he squeaked out a “what” and a “oh god, how embarrassing”. “Please tell me you didn’t open my bag…” Youngjae muttered as he thought back to his embarrassing underwear and his not so subtle guy magazines.

Yeah, uh, about that…” Mark hesitated and that was all he needed to know.

His face soon turned into one of mortification, then one into rage before finally settling onto a blush that reached his ears. “Just stop.”

Yeahh…

It was suddenly even more awkward than it was before, and all Youngjae wanted to do at the moment was to hide under his bed sheets and possibly text Jackson about how stupid he was. Why did he let him talk him into buying him foreign guy magazines? Those magazines weren’t even for him, but how could he explain that to Mark without sounding like a complete idiot? Now any chances of asking the handsome boy to some coffee was completely out of the question. It was practically love at first sight when the latter helped him with bags back at the airplane, and he knew it was too good to be true when he spotted him last night at the lobby. How could he face him now without feeling embarrassed that he saw his underwear? “Why don’t we just meet up and trade back our bags?

Maybe he still had a chance.

 

►►►►►►

 

They settled on meeting at the coffee shop near their apartment, and Mark was already sitting down at a table near a table near a window, waiting for the other to arrive. He drank his coffee macchiato to help him calm down a little, feeling warmer already than he was a second ago. He had a feeling he knew who it was, the mental image a little blurry due to his fatigue, and he sighed as he looked at the chic bag he had next to him. It was certainly eye catching with its shocking pink zipper and bag handle, contrasting a little too much with the leopard print it had, and Mark seriously questioned the cutie’s taste. The bag was horrendous and he couldn’t be with it any second longer.

Thankfully, the door bell chimed and he looked up to find a certain blond that looked a little too good than what he initially made out. The boy, Choi Youngjae, was simply gorgeous up close with his dark brown feline like eyes and with the shy smile gracing his lips. His cheeks were rosy and Mark had the audacity to stare, making the latter flustered at the unexpected attention. He couldn’t help it if he found the blush on Youngjae’s ears fascinating. “I guess I should be thankful that you noticed it first,” the boy said averting his eyes in embarrassment, his eyes flickering quickly from everywhere to him, “I probably wouldn’t have noticed until like next week or something.”

This made Mark chuckle effortlessly, shaking his head like he had known Youngjae would’ve done that. “You weren’t planning on unpacking today or something?”

“I was actually avoiding it,” he admitted smiling sheepishly as he took a seat across Mark. “That’s the part I hate most.”

He leaned in a little closer, unintentionally smirking in a flirty manner, “Actually, mine too…” He paused, “Though I try not to avoid it so much like a certain someone.”

His blush deepened and Mark had the pleasure of witnessing it. “W-Well, in my defense, I was busy.”

“Uh huh. Sure.” He leaned back again, smirking knowingly as he continued his coffee. “It’s true!”

“I didn’t say anything…”

“Your face says it all.” Youngjae pointed out with a pout, his eyebrows furrowed in frustration and Mark had to hold back his laugh. Teasing the latter had proved to be so much fun, more than what he had imagined. He thought that their meet up would’ve been over by now; maybe exchange a few words but that be the end of their conversation and then take back what’s rightfully theirs. The cutie hadn’t even moved forward to grab his (ugly) bag back but neither did he so it must be mutual. He’s not completely sure of what’s mutual yet, but he knows that he’s starting to like it an awful a lot when Youngjae smiles. It’s like the whole world stops at that moment because it’s absolutely breathtaking and nothing else matters, and he realizes that it must be so cheesy to even be thinking about it. But it’s the truth; Youngjae’s smiles are like when the sun rises in the morning, like when its spring and all the flowers are blooming, like when… He’s snapped out of his thoughts when the cutie’s order arrives, a hot chocolate, and quietly watches him take a sip. “So, uh, those magazines…” Mark decides to bring it up, remembering how shocked he had been when he saw them earlier today.

Youngjae almost spitted his hot chocolate. “Oh God, no, those aren’t mine!” He confessed, hiding half of his face with the palm of his hands. “Those are for a friend of mine! God, why did you bring this up?”

“I was just asking…” Mark offered a small toothy smile, hoping to make the latter distracted. “And the bag…?”

“So they were from the same friend! So what!” Youngjae exploded dramatically, hiding his face completely now. “God, I’m going to kill him…”

“What? Why?”

“Because that might’ve ruined any chances in asking you out or something…” He murmured quietly but loud enough for Mark to have heard him. There was silence for a moment before he leaned in closer, shaking the latter’s shoulder a little, his gaze soft and a smile tugging his lips. “Get up, you dummy.”

“No.” Youngjae didn’t budge, “It’s embarrassing.”

“Oh, c’mon, it could’ve been worse.” Mark kept shaking him, his smile never leaving his face. “Don’t you wanna see a movie with me instead of drowning in your self pity?”

It was only then he got a reaction out of him; the latter peeking out an eye, his eyebrows furrowed slightly. “What did you just say?”

“I said don’t you wanna see a movie with me?” It was less embarrassing to say it the second time somehow, when it’s usually the other way around.

“Yes! I, uh, mean…” Youngjae straightened himself in his seat again, speechless and torn between looking confused and happy. “Sure, sounds like a plan.”

“Great.”

 

 

"The end."


A/N: *brace yourself for the following Youngjae gif spam* 

IT'S YOUNGJAE'S BIRTHDAY~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_inline_ns2e8yeTTP1ty6j5v_500.gif tumblr_inline_npvs5ybtBG1rfk8a7_500.gif 

tumblr_nso4p0homG1sut5dto1_400.gif  tumblr_inline_nsc62tjMoJ1ttfn7b_500.gif tumblr_inline_nov9a1Wq0q1qjva8u_500.gif

giphy.gif tumblr_nknqkpGdj11tqaycao9_250.gif

tumblr_n12krpGRdQ1tqaycao5_250.gif tumblr_ndbt3hc8Ru1toro8yo1_500.gif

tumblr_n0qj8bkDKq1tp4mkso1_250.gif tumblr_mzu692F7ST1tqaycao2_250.gif tumblr_n85uv6uXze1trpsiuo3_r1_250.gif

Jesus, I love him so much. I'm so happy & grateful he was born. Thank you for always being our sunshine, for holding in so much that we might not be sure off, for always thinking of us, for always being you no matter, for everything. Don't ever listen to your haters because you're such an amazing human being and gosh, I'm not just saying this bc your my bias. I'm saying this as another person that truly does admire you. You always manage to make me smile and your smile is so contagious that I end up smiling too. I'm so proud of everything you've done so far and I really, really hope you have a wonderful day today. I hope you don't hold yourself back and eat lots of cake, the cake that you deserve, and receive so many blessings and gifts you deserve. Honestly, you deserve the world <3

*coughs*

I'm aware the story is pretty short but this was supposed to be a drabbles anyways but it sort of turned into a oneshot somehow, bUt I hope you guys like it? I left it like that bc I thought it could be left open to conclusions ;)  

Feel free to comment, subscribe & upvote! :D Enjoy! Look forward to the next oneshote/drabble!