oo1

in time with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

oo1. [hogwarts!au] In which Eunji believes Sunggyu is out to get her because of the upcoming Quidditch match. Unfortunately, Eunji has always been a little slow when it comes to these things. 

 

 

“Hey, Eunji!” Namjoo waved over to her from the Gryffindor table, patting the seat next to her as a gesture for her to sit down. Fresh out of the locker rooms from Quidditch practice, Eunji tousled her hair slightly before making it to the table. The Great Hall had a large gathering of people for dinner time as students chatted over the food, the floating candles above illuminating the space with a cozy feeling despite the large size of the hall.

 

Before Eunji could start shoveling mashed potatoes in , however, Namjoo whispered to her conspiratorially. “So, are you seeing anyone these days?”

 

Eunji fought the urge to roll her eyes – Namjoo was the resident gossip of the castle, which was useful when she needed to get information out of her friend, but there were also times when people would go to Namjoo asking for information as well. She always sought out people’s requests in return for favors (which resulted in her having others write her History of Magic essays), and consequently, Kim Namjoo was one of the most powerful witches currently at Hogwarts in terms of influence. For some reason, this time someone had asked Namjoo to find out about her. “Depends on who’s asking.”

 

“Sorry, but there are some secrets a girl’s got to keep,” her friend smirked back, before turning around and flagging down another one of their friends, who had stopped to chat at the Ravenclaw table and was now heading towards the exit. “Bomi!”

 

“What’s up?” the slim girl bounded over, a ball of energy. “Any juicy news lately? Or did you finally find some blackmail material on Ravi?”

 

“I’m still working on that,” Namjoo dismissed. “Anyway, are Eunji and Yongguk-sunbae really secretly dating? People are going crazy over it!”

 

“Yah!” Eunji cried, lightly smacking her friend on the shoulder. “Where the hell did that come from?”

 

Bomi giggled and shook her head. “Unfortunately not. But it’d be cute, wouldn’t it? Our House’s Quidditch captain is so dreamy, it’s a shame he’s so obsessed with his broomstick…”

 

“It’s not just a broomstick-“ Eunji tried to interrupt defensively, but the two other girls just ignored her.

 

“So they’re not dating?” Namjoo clapped her hands excitedly. “Perfect!”

 

“Ooh, is someone interested in uri Eunji?” Bomi lit up, her eyes sparkling with mirth. “Do share, Namjoo, wealth is meant to be spread after all.”

 

“You two are impossible,” the victim of their teasing groaned. “And would it kill you for two seconds to actually care about Quidditch for any reason other than the male players?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Definitely.”

 

Eunji put her head in her hands dramatically and Bomi reached over to pat her shoulder comfortingly. “Poor Ji. If only you didn’t play Quidditch, maybe you’d realize how hot your captain is. How can you be so immune to the muscles on that boy? Bang Yongguk is fine.”

 

“Sometimes I wonder if you guys come to the matches to support me, or to ogle the players,” she muttered, stabbing her fork into her steak.

 

“Aw, you know we love you.” Namjoo grinned. “Gryffindor versus Slytherin is coming up in two weeks, right? How good do you think our chances are?”

 

As Eunji launched into an analysis of the Gryffindor team’s practices in the last few weeks, she failed to realize that Namjoo’s out-of-character question had completely sidetracked her from wondering who exactly was looking into her love life in the first place.

 

 

 

 

A few nights later, Eunji dragged herself to the library after a long and hard practice in the late chilly evening. She’d never really been one to study diligently, but certain circumstances had caused her to lag behind in a couple classes, and she was in desperate need of a few hours of focused work to make sure she was caught up. With the match against Slytherin coming up, Yongguk had been putting the team through extra practices under all weather conditions in order to keep their winning streak going.

 

Entering the library, she walked as quickly as possible past the area that usually was claimed by the Ravenclaws (they always unnerved her when they were huddled over their books -  no one was supposed to sit so still for so long, not even if they were studying) and instead settled down by one of the windows, which coincidentally had a gorgeous view of the Quidditch pitch below. She took out her books and her quill and began revising, so immersed in her own thoughts that she wasn’t really aware of her surroundings.

 

At least an hour or so must have passed before she had the sinking feeling that someone was observing her. Careful not to seem obvious, she glanced at the tables nearby, not recognizing any of the younger students situated there. She almost convinced herself she was being paranoid, before her eyes landed on a certain Slytherin seventh year at the next table over.

 

Kim Sunggyu was the current Slytherin Quidditch captain and was also the object of many girls’ affections, being that he was good-looking, rich, and pureblooded. Having grown up a year younger than him in pureblood society, Eunji remembered many of the mothers gossiping about him as an eligible bachelor once he reached adulthood, but other than that they had never really interacted outside of those dreaded pureblood parties. She’d never seen him prejudiced against half-bloods or Muggleborns, per say, but he mostly stuck to himself at Hogwarts (with the exception of his best friends, most notably the resident Hufflepuff flower boy Nam Woohyun), and most girls saw him as the quiet, manly type. She’d never really bothered to keep an eye on him off the pitch, being that he had been the Slytherin Seeker for as long as she had.

 

Never, that is, until now. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched him warily from a few feet away. Was it just her, or was he glaring at her? Had she done something wrong? She’d only been innocently flipping through her textbook, and she didn't think she’d been that loud. But after she turned her head slightly and pretended to casually look out the window, catching a glimpse of the reflection, there was no doubt about it: Kim Sunggyu had his small eyes narrowed directly at her.

 

And she had no idea why.

 

Half of her wanted to just march right up to him and ask him what his problem was. She was infamous around the castle for being quite brash and straightforward, after all – she was the textbook example of the stereotypical Gryffindor. Suddenly, however, a memory of Hoya complaining about his Quidditch captain’s annoying ability to hold a grudge for as long as possible sprouted in her mind, and she inwardly winced. If Kim Sunggyu really was mad at her, the last thing she wanted to do was enrage him further. Not only did he have connections in the Ministry of Magic, but his spellwork was quite good, too; there was no doubt that he probably could jinx her a hundred different ways off the top of his head.

 

For once, her self-preservation instincts won out in the end and she attempted to refocus on her Herbology homework, all the while noticing the Slytherin glancing at her and burning holes through her head. Eunji found her mind wandering away from the correlation between moon cycles and Mandrake decibel levels, instead trying to figure out why the hell Kim Sunggyu could be looking at her in the first place. They’d never so much as spoken at Hogwarts before (the Gryffindor and Slytherin rivalry was still going strong, despite the fact that most students had friends in other Houses). Even their parents ran in different circles in pureblood society.

 

Eunji concluded this meant there was only one realistic possibility: Kim Sunggyu was out to get her because of next week’s match.

 

Not. Good.

 

 

 

 

“You can’t sit here,” she hissed as Hoya slid into place next to her at the Gryffindor table. The mood was casual during lunchtime, with students milling about. She pushed him lightly, but he refused to budge.

 

“Why not? Inter-house unity is all the rage these days, you know,” he remarked wittily, making a grab for her biscuit. She pulled it out of his reach and smirked – she’d always had the faster reflexes out of the two of them. Which was why she had remained unchallenged as the Gryffindor Seeker since her second year.

 

“Oh yeah? Is that why your hardass captain is glaring daggers in our direction?” Indeed, the seventh-year captain stared at them with narrowed eyes, but immediately turned away when she looked over at the Slytherin table.

 

“If he was elitist he wouldn’t be best friends with a Puff, would he?”

 

“Nam Woohyun is practically pureblood royalty anyway!” she exclaimed, waving her arms around and barely managing to avoid knocking over her glass of pumpkin juice. She waited for a group of terrified-looking first years to leave the table before lowering her voice. “I think Kim Sunggyu is out for my blood.”

 

Hoya promptly choked on his food and Eunji had to pound on his back a few times before he was able to breathe again, letting out a gleeful chuckle. “Out for your blood, my . He can’t even open his eyes wide enough to look where he’s going half the time.”

 

“I swear he was lurking around in the library when I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter