The Dolls

Dolls

"Okay, guys, this is a gift from a witch. It seems funny, isn't it? So, I hope, you'll like it" the manager held a box in his hands then gave it to the leader.

 

"It must be dangerous" Jinki said as he shook the present. Something was inside, it was sure.

 

"They have been checked up by some sciencetist. Don't worry, the 'Which' must be a nickname of a fan, or I don't know. Have a nice afternoon, boys, and take care of your present" said the manager and left the dorm. The boys just watched the box.

 

“Let’s see, what is inside” said Jonghyun. He ran to the kitchen, picked up a knife then ran back. He was so excited because of the present.

 

“The manager-hyung smiled a lot, so it must be a very cute thing” Key concentrated on the box with his full energy. Everybody was curious, so finally Jonghyun opened the box.

 

“What the hell is it?” asked Onew as he saw the gift inside the box. It was a cake and five Barbie-s. But these Barbie-s were abnormal. They were Koreans with long brown hair. And there was a paper as well.

Taemin took it out of the box.

 

“Dear SHINee, they are you as girls. Please listen to your heart while you choose one of them. Take care of her/them, teach them. Give them names and show them how you live. I’m sure you will be extremely best friends with your girl-transformations. Love, Witch” at the end Taemin sighed “Okay, for me, it’s strange”

 

“For me too” Minho took off the dolls, then put them on the floor of the living-room. The five girls were very similar, but not the same. And they wore different colors. There were pink, blue, yellow, green and purple.

Onew sat down on the coach as well as the others.

 

“The shawol says that these girls are us, so there must be something the same. So, I guess, the tallest must be our Choi Minho” he picked up the green-dressed girl, but when he touched it, he felt something special. It seemed-like the girl touched his heart even they didn’t have any common property, but Onew couldn’t let her off “I correct myself. She is mine”

 

“Luckily” Minho laughed “I want the pink one”

 

He felt a strange feeling as he watched the girl. She has a mystical force which enchanted the young boy since the beginning. It was like love at first sight.

 

“Choi Minho! You hate pink” Key’s favorite color was pink, and he didn’t understand why this giraffe would choose the pink girl.

 

“That’s true, but she’s mine, and that’s all. If you look her carefully, she’s the best-looking one; even the others are very cute too.  Just like in SHINee. So she’s mine” Minho didn’t let his doll into Key’s ‘evil’ hands. No, this girl was his and only his doll.

 

“It’s okay” Key just shrugged.

 

“I bet the young girl in purple will be Taemin. She looks younger than the others” said Minho then picked up the two girls. He gave the younger to Taemin.

 

“I like the blue-one”

 

“I like the yellow one” Key and Jonghyun said these sentences in the same minute, so Key got the cat-eyed beauty and Jonghyun picket the blue doll.

 

“Okay, Seulgi-sshi and I are so tired, we go to sleep now – Key got up but the other memeber’s faces made him frightened. “What’s wrong, guys?”

 

“Seulgi?” Taemin blinked.

 

“Yes, Seulgi. I decided to call her Seulgi” agreed Key and the others started to thinking about names.

 

“Wendy” said Jonghyun suddenly. He watched his girl’s face. “She’s like a Wendy, so I’ll call her like this, but if I have to give her a Korean name, it’ll be Seunghwan. I always wanted a daughter called Seunghwan”

 

“Mine is Joy”

 

“Why?” asked Taemin. He was surprised, because the leader never had any fantasy about names and titles. But now, how sudden!

 

“Because I will teach her to see the world with a big smile on her face” answered the leader. Taemin nodded.

 

“Then, she’ll be Yerim. Kim Yerim, because it’s a very popular surname. But I give her a nickname too, maybe Yeri. That’s cute enough for her”

 

“I must choose a normal, Korean name too, right? What about Sooyoung?”

 

“Very creative” Minho nodded with some irony in his voice “Sooyoung from SNSD?”

 

“Something like this” Onew smiled then looked on the main rapper “and you?”

 

“Mmmm, maybe Irene. I saw a film and the girl’s name was Irene” answered Minho. He softly petted the hair of the girl “And Joohyun will be her real name”

 

“Wait, wasn’t Joohyun your first girlfriend?” asked Jonghyun.

 

“Yes, she was. I really liked that name, and I like it now as well” Minho answered.

 

“And the name of the band?” asked Jonghyun. Key watched the box.

 

“This is a Red Velvet cake, so what about Red Velvet?” he looked up. The boys nodded then all the boys went to do their things with the dolls.

 

_____________________________Five Months later____________________________

 

The fans cried, they shouted the name of the band. Then the five boys disappeared from the stage and went back to their room.

 

“Joohyun noona?” Minho opened the door and ran inside. Her doll sat in front of the TV oof the restroom with the other girls.

 

First, carrying the dolls was a bit strange but now everything was OK. All the boys loved their girls, especially Minho. He loved Irene, he brought her everywhere. To the mall, to the bathroom, to the SM Entertainment, and really everywhere. He was in love with his doll. He showed her how to rap, how to dress up, and he took her to the sport-center for basketball-match. He went also to fitness-center and he too Irene with him too.

 

So now Minho ran to Irene, grabbed up the doll, with a huge smile on his face

 

“I missed you so much, noona” he said. He always thought that Irene was older than him, so he called her ‘noona’.He hugged the doll, then went to wash down his mascara with the girl. He finished then ran to the car. He was in late, because s were already there. He was always in late he could never be ready in time.

 

 “Hyung, hurry please” Taemin shouted from the car and in that minute his hyung sat inside too.

 

“Where’s Irene?” asked Key. Minho arrived alone, without any doll in his hand.

 

“Here” Minho opened his coat then took the girl from his inside-pocket. He really took care of her.

 

“See! A shooting star! Let’s wish something! – shouted Jonghyun suddenly. All the boys looked the way, and they all saw the star, and wished. Minho smiled widely, then looked at Irene. His biggest dream was to get her.

 

____________________________In The Next Morning______________________________

 

Somebody shook softly Minho's shoulder.

"Oppa? May you weak up, please?" A girl voice hit his ears, but Minho didn't wake up. Maybe he just didn't want to wake up. "Oppa, I have to go to the toilet"

Minho opened his eyes slowly, then he turned back. A girl stood next to the bad. Her hands were on his shoulders. Minho frightened a bit.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked. The girl was very familiar to him, but he didn't know why.

"What do you mean, oppa? I'm Irene" she smiled shyly. Minho looked at the girl. She wore the same dress as his doll, she had the same hairstyle, and the same face. "No way, Irene's next to me" he turned to the other side of his french-bed, but the doll had been disappeared! What the...

"I am Irene, oppa. A doll-maker made special dolls. He gave us soul. He made eleven doll, but just five of us survived the wars and we became so similar to nowaday's Barbie-dolls. So, the maker said, that we must be together. We have to find our male-side, and then we learn from them how to live. As one of them feels true love to one of us, we become humans. Yesterday you wished a girlfriend who is similar to me. Here I am. But now please open the door for me, because I don't know how does it work, and I have to go to the toilet" she detailed the story of her life. Minho shocked. He couldn't believe his ears and his eyes. It was absurd! And surreal! He had to be sure that the girl didn't lie.

"How did I wash down my makeup yesterday?" he asked. Irene was the only-one there, who could see that.

"You started it with your eyeline. Then you bunged up the sinker and put your face in the water. Is it enough?" The girl crossed her legs, so Minho had to wake up to open the door for her. He went with her to the bathroom, and opened the door.

"Here" said Minho.

"Thanks. May you help me to use the toilet? I don't know how is it working" Irene afraid a bit from the answer, but finally the boy nodded. He waited for her, and he showed how toilets work.

"So, you can do nothing?" Asked the boy, but Irene shook her head.

"I know everything you showed me. So, I can rap, cook, clean the room, and anything. But I've never seen you at toilet and neither open the door" she answered as she washed her hands "anyway, I'm sorry for waking you up"

"Never mind" Minho smiled. His dream came true, because his love stood in front of him.

"Oppa? Say, that you love me" asked the girl. Minho nodded. He thought he was dreaming.

"I love you" he said, but suddenly he felt Irene's soft lips on the his.

"I love you too. You are my other side, and since these months I fell in love with you" she answered. Minho didn't know what to say. He felt Irene, so he wasn't sleeping. What the hell was it? He grabbed Irene's hand and went to the living room. As they reached the place, Minho saw four girls sitting on the coach.

“So you mean, that because of I love you, you and your friends turned into humans, and you love me back, because I showed you how to do it?” asked Minho suddenly. Irene nodded. “That’s strange”

“Yes, a bit” Seulgi stood up and bowed “Thank you, Minho oppa”

Minho understood nothing, but he smiled.

“So, what will happen to you all?” he asked.

“The ‘Witch’ sent a letter to your manager and your patron the story of us” said Yeri, then Joy continued;

“So they let us to make an own group, because of you guys. We know now how is a life of a musician, so we will be singers too. I learnt a lot from Jinki oppa, and my voice is very similar to his voice”

“Yes, so we will be Red Velvet, and I hope, you and Irene eonnie will be a cute couple forever” Wendy chuckled. Minho smiled at the girls. He knew that something was very abnormal with them. But how will he explain it to the other SHINee-members?