Part 2: Day Dream

[HIATUS] The Answer

Even right this moment

I want to run up to you

Until the sun sets and rises

I want to be by your side

The street in the photo

Filled with flowers that bloom

And wither in a season

I want to walk on it with you

 

The day that you left was the day I realized I needed to grow a back bone. Going against my mother wasn’t really a sign of courage it’s more like running away. I knew I had responsibilities and ignoring those might’ve not made an impact on me but there is someone who’s greatly affected by it.

 

To her, for that person whatever the reason is, I’m ready to find out. I have decided to face my fears, no more running.

 

My mother is used to being put on a pedestal. Being the only heir of a very famous conglomerate, she’s gotten used to always having her own way. In exchange, she’s to share leading her family business with someone she barely knows.

 

It’s a very typical rich girl sob story. Be arranged to marry someone you barely know, you pretend you have an interest on each other so business partners and gossip magazines don’t get suspicious of you. Have kids, built a home and one’s everything is secure live your life the way you want to discretely though, there are still eyes watching. They live to see dirt on you. Keeping a pristine facade is always a must. This only ends when you die. Rinse and repeat for those who same fate as you.

 

Their family is envied throughout social circles for being perfect. Until a gossip magazine found out about his father’s cheating. The family’s PR people needed to do some damage control and his father decided to lie-low on the womanizing. To everyone outside, his father is a reformed man. If they only knew what was going on behind closed doors.

 

He’s tired of acting the perfect child so he decided to pursue something else. The press feasted on this, never has been there an elite family who lets their only child decide on his own future. He’s the envy of all his rich friends, they’re stuck getting taught of how to deal with their family business but he gets to slack around and do photography instead.

 

Or that’s what the public thinks. He knows eventually his mother (his father never really cares about those things, he’s not a major share holder, he just acts like one) will find a way to somehow get him back.

 

In comes Lee Soo Jung, the perfect bait.

 

“Why her?” he ask as soon as he sees his Mother sitting on the dining room eating dinner, alone.

 

“Hello there my only son...”she wipes with a table napkin before asking the help to serve him dinner.

 

“I want to know...”

 

“She’s poor and she needs to pay for her mother’s hospital bills. Which I think you’ve already taken cared of... What a pity, I really do have a bigger offer for her...”

 

He stands there frozen, fist balled tightly.

 

“Oh I guess you came here to know the details, you might want to sit down first. It might take long... Would you want to join me for tea, perhaps?”

 

He stares blankly at his mother, not wanting to regale her with an answer.

 

“Suit yourself then. But I do prefer talking about this over tea. That’d probably calm you. Don’t worry your father’s out of the country, for business.”

 

As much as doesn’t like being manipulated like this, he finds he doesn’t much of a choice if he wants to find out things.

 

The tea room is where important guest are welcomed. It’s mostly used for business dealings. Isn’t it appropriate for today’s occasion?

His mother voices his thoughts.

 

“I’m aware that I’m just a business deal to you. But why involve someone?”

 

“To make things more exciting? You’ve always looked like a forlorn hero, you needed a bright heroine with monetary problems.”

 

I don’t understand how you work, she obviously isn’t the money hungry heroine that you wanted and you still continued...”

 

“This conversation is spoiling the tea, I don’t think you’re that stupid, son. People have their own breaking points. That person actually reached it—“

 

“It didn’t go the way you expected, didn’t it?”

 

“It would’ve if you didn’t come and meddle... Tell me, you’re not here to just have me tattle my plans, right?”

 

“I need you to find her for me.”

 

The woman he calls mother, raises an eyebrow. He wants to believe she’s not pure evil. There were times when he felt like his mother still cares for him. She’s still human regardless.

 

“Sure...”